Man foiled by Farang's foul feet speaks out on his ordeal

webfact

25 minutes ago, AigburthH said:

You would have had no problem with it?

I would tell the stupid cow to move her feet in less polite terms and make it clear what I thought of her.

I wouldn't bitch about it online and then give press interviews.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Sorry, just seemed like you were trying to downgrade "a damn good slap" to a "figure of speech" on Colin's behalf. Anyway, enough guys, let's stop all this "she deserves a slap" nonsense, she put her feet (in cleanish looking socks) on an unoccupied headrest for goodness sake..... keep it real.

It was my response to your trying to "upgrade" a figure of speech to "a beating".  Odd that now that you've had your go you want to direct the way the rest of the thread goes!  Doesn't work that way, I don't think.  Keep it real.

54 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Yeah right - just westerners in my experience - so bad that I started to use taxi transport to avoid.  Not that we all stink - but know I have been ripe at times - and do not find this often among Thai.

I've found people stink in the wrong circumstances regardless of ethnicity and nationality.

To blame it on nationality is just nonsense.

2 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

She's probably just uninformed as to the etiquette and customs of Thailand re: feet..... I personally feel that this guy is a complete wet blanket for wasting bandwidth with such whining best left to older ladies' gatherings at the morning market.

Who's the whiner here?

1 hour ago, lemonjelly said:

Try again. 

(Tip: correct answer could include such vocabulary as: explain, communication, educate, polite, calm,) answers may reflect your personality.

keep thinking......

A good slap would be the only thing this ignoramus would understand considering she'd already been asked politely.

25 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I'm truly sorry that you have had the misfortune to meet physically aggressive Western women - but you'll have your work cut out convincing me this is 'the norm'!

No, it's not. Most of the hundreds of women I worked with were lovely people, but some, mainly in management were horrid, nasty, vindictive creatures.

BTW they weren't "physically" aggressive, but words are just as hurtful as fists if used the way they liked to do. Not for nothing is nursing well known for bullying.

4 minutes ago, AigburthH said:

It was my response to your trying to "upgrade" a figure of speech to "a beating".  Odd that now that you've had your go you want to direct the way the rest of the thread goes!  Doesn't work that way, I don't think.  Keep it real.

Where I come from, "a good slap" is a figure of speech for a beating rather than verbal reprimand, intelligent discussion or anything else exclusive of physical violence. 

I recommend the owners of Thai Visa hire a bus, perhaps Bangkok to Krabi and offer all the TV  posters free seats on the condition of joint agreement regarding who sits where, what music is to be played, where the bus is to stop for breaks etc.

I'm sure before reaching Phetburi, the bus will have ground to a halt; the driver having fled the scene of shouting farangs hurling insults  and cushions at each other amid accusations and denials of racism, sexism and odourism. 

4 minutes ago, bannork said:

I recommend the owners of Thai Visa hire a bus, perhaps Bangkok to Krabi and offer all the TV  posters free seats on the condition of joint agreement regarding who sits where, what music is to be played, where the bus is to stop for breaks etc.

I'm sure before reaching Phetburi, the bus will have ground to a halt; the driver having fled the scene of shouting farangs hurling insults  and cushions at each other amid accusations and denials of racism, sexism and odourism. 

Only if Trans sang............:guitar:..........:giggle:

2 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

She's probably just uninformed as to the etiquette and customs of Thailand re: feet..... I personally feel that this guy is a complete wet blanket for wasting bandwidth with such whining best left to older ladies' gatherings at the morning market.

Its pretty damn rude in any country.

10 minutes ago, bannork said:

Bagsy I sit behind Colin.

6 hours ago, HooHaa said:

but it never occured to him to address her directly politely and explain to her the error of her ways?

it would have taken me exactly words to solve the issue.

"move your feet"

But don't you get tired of correcting the never-ending tide of bad unthinking behaviour, viz behaviour by children who go on long journeys without as much as a book or a toy to distract them accompanied by ineffectual parents who just let them misbehave and will defend their misbehaviour even when it adversely affects others around them.

Then there are the adults who are so self-entitled that they appear to think they live alone in the universe. Invasions of space, feet on seats, loud music on earphones, shouting to each other, shouting on mobile phones etc. There are also parents who think that they should keep their newborn at 35,000 feet as much of the time as possible - why? It can't be good for the kid who screams all the time and we all know that viruses spread more easily on planes than anywhere else. 

If you raise any of these issues with a fellow passenger, don't expect any improvement in behaviour. In fact, you can get the opposite and nowadays it is all to easy to end up on a no-fly list because you are a "trouble-maker."

I used to enjoy travelling as you would meet people and have conversations - no longer, not even in business class. Too many lunatics, badly behaved, idiots with strong opinions and mad people. No point in trying to change the world.

Instead, the minute I reach the seat, the ear plugs go in, which immediately excludes the loud steaming coming from the baby that the check-in clerk thought I would enjoy sitting beside or the even louder shouting to his mates that the beer-swilling chap in a "wife-beater" tee-shirt thinks is acceptable behaviour in a confined space.

As soon as we take off, the eye patch goes on - stops me having to watch the nonsense around me or interact with anyone. I sometimes make the mistake, if on a short journey, of talking to my neighbour - I usually regret it!

If we are on a long journey of more than a couple of hours or so (when I usually try to at least get into enhanced economy if not business class), I take my "mother's little helper" that lets me sleep all the way. 

The only thing that now gets me down is being kicked in the kidneys, usually by wayward children but sometimes by adults - I find that the magazines in the seat pocket can be placed in the small of my back and usually that deals with it. I have on occasion asked to be reseated in such circumstances as I find that a direct approach is taken to be confrontational, whether adults or children are involved - sometimes me prompting a crew member to ask them to ease up on the kicking works, sometimes it makes them kick more. Push it with the wrong people and you have a fight on your hands and your name on a no fly list.

Welcome to the 21st Century where it is both legal and apparently acceptable behaviour to drag a grandfather off a plane AFTER he has been seated so as to make room for crew (and not because the plane was "overbooked" as was mis-reported). They should have put the management and the thugs on a charge of assault but apparently they were "in the right." So there! Good luck with telling United and their thugs that they were behaving badly!

7 minutes ago, deepinlaos said:

Its pretty damn rude in any country.

But in what other countries would there be such a hoo-haa and community of expats calling for "a damn good slap", etc..... it's bizarre... really 

3 hours ago, HooHaa said:

but it never occured to him to address her directly politely and explain to her the error of her ways?

it would have taken me exactly words to solve the issue.

"move your feet"

i read the other articles and he did in fact try to be polite... she would remove her feet only to put it back up shortly aftewards.

2 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

I would have told her that her feet stink and get them of the back of the seat

Problem solved 

You do realise that this was in Thailand? So the guy may not have spoken a word of English, nor is he required to. He gestured to her, which she obviously understood because she removed her feet, then decided arrogantly to put them back. So I'm not sure what problem you have supposedly solved.

30 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

But in what other countries would there be such a hoo-haa and community of expats calling for "a damn good slap", etc..... it's bizarre... really 

It's bizarre that some people don't see anything wrong with her actions, maybe they're tarred with the same brush. It's not just her sheer lack of manners in placing her smelly feet inches from the guys head, it's her arrogance in putting them back after he politely asked her to remove them.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why is her gender a factor? Never heard of "women's lib"? Women have fought for and won equality with men ( and I have no argument with that ), but that means they have to accept being treated the same as men. If she wants to behave like an inconsiderate moron, she can be treated like one accordingly.

Even so, I don't think I could bring myself to use any sort of violence on a woman, except maybe in self defence.