Unable to email scanned documents.

giddyup

24 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

You are right and too much information of people who believe that the free AVG is the best protection together with a Chinese browser is in no way a help to anybody who's got problems with his/her PC.

But when you're trying to say that I wouldn't be good at computers myself, you're very wrong.

I fix computers for quite a long time and I think I'm pretty good at troubleshooting, soft and hardware related issues.

The problem for a solution seeking person is indeed when too many people come up with solutions that make absolutely no sense at all.

That's why I wrote it would be a great help to go for an upgrade because the OP can always go back afterward if he's not satisfied with the new version.

I'm pretty sure that you know some stuff where I'm not that good, but I might know things you haven't even heard of.   OP, how's it going now? can't you just do an upgrade, wait about 2 hours to do it and then report back if the machine is working?

Happy New Year ! Cheers

I think you totally misunderstood me, I did not comment on you at al, I only commented on how its hard to see what is really the problem without teamviewer and you might even have the perfect solution but if the OP does not execute it the way you envisioned it it might still not work (not the case in an upgrade as its hard to mess up). 

I was not even talking about people giving out bad information, i was talking about the problem might be explained poorly.. or the OP does not really understand what is causing the problem and blames it on something that is not causing it. (not blaming the OP but how can he know for sure). The only sure thing is a thing like teamviewer and someone who is good with computer at the other end. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

You are right and too much information of people who believe that the free AVG is the best protection together with a Chinese browser is in no way a help to anybody who's got problems with his/her PC.

But when you're trying to say that I wouldn't be good at computers myself, you're very wrong.

I fix computers for quite a long time and I think I'm pretty good at troubleshooting, soft and hardware related issues.

The problem for a solution seeking person is indeed when too many people come up with solutions that make absolutely no sense at all.

That's why I wrote it would be a great help to go for an upgrade because the OP can always go back afterward if he's not satisfied with the new version.

I'm pretty sure that you know some stuff where I'm not that good, but I might know things you haven't even heard of.   OP, how's it going now? can't you just do an upgrade, wait about 2 hours to do it and then report back if the machine is working?

Happy New Year ! Cheers

Sorry, an upgrade of what?

3 hours ago, Minnie the Minx said:

Try resizing the scans, I had the same issues. Resize and do a zip file conversion should work well. 

Great that you took the time to post, but I guess that's not solving the OP's problem.

BTW, when I was writing about an upgrade, it was of course the new 1703 update, which is also an upgrade of your system.

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

Sorry, an upgrade of what?

My apologies, I should have used an update. But one way the other, you'll receive the update from Microsoft, but maybe to an inconvenient time.

Some have already received and done the update which can take up to 2.5 hours, so I' reckon that you go for it now. You can use your PC while you're downloading the files and once the download is ready you can decide when to do the setup.

I call it set up because it's like a new install of W 10. I've already mentioned that this will also fix your problem(s) and you can find it here:

http://bgr.com/2017/04/06/windows-10-creators-update-download/

( From the page:)

If you’re anxiously waiting for Microsoft’s next major Windows 10 update to come out, then we have good news for you. You can now download Windows 10 Creators Update and perform the upgrade yourself, without having to wait until next week to get it, like everyone else.

As Ars Technica explains, you can now download the official Windows 10 Creators Update release (version 1703) without enrolling yourself in the Windows Insider Program, which is essentially Microsoft’s public beta program for Windows.

What you need to do is grab the latest version of the Windows 10 Update Assistant, and then run it. The update tool will let you upgrade your computer to Windows 10 Creators Update. In case you’re looking to perform a clean install rather than upgrading your current installation, then you can select the Media Creation Tool at this link.

If I were you I'd kill three flies with one 357 Magnum only. Cheers- 

Here's a screenshot of my home PC after the installation of the 1703 that can take quite a long time. I updated two PC's at home and my notebook at the same time, just to have it done.

I wasn't waiting for the update and used the creation tool.  

Ne Windows Update Version 1703.png

Edited by ajarngreg

5 hours ago, robblok said:

I think you totally misunderstood me, I did not comment on you at al, I only commented on how its hard to see what is really the problem without teamviewer and you might even have the perfect solution but if the OP does not execute it the way you envisioned it it might still not work (not the case in an upgrade as its hard to mess up). 

I was not even talking about people giving out bad information, i was talking about the problem might be explained poorly.. or the OP does not really understand what is causing the problem and blames it on something that is not causing it. (not blaming the OP but how can he know for sure). The only sure thing is a thing like teamviewer and someone who is good with computer at the other end. 

Sorry, I had a rough day. My apologies.No offense was intended and I guess I misunderstood your post.

But you're right and it's true that too many cooks don't necessarily make better food. G' Evening.    

Thanks to all for their much appreciated input. However, Before I throw the PC through a window, I might enlist the help of someone at Tukom, because as pointed out, it's very difficult to diagnose the problem without seeing the PC. Cheers

8 hours ago, giddyup said:

Thanks to all for their much appreciated input. However, Before I throw the PC through a window, I might enlist the help of someone at Tukom, because as pointed out, it's very difficult to diagnose the problem without seeing the PC. Cheers

Good plan.. if its a laptop (believe it is) that is a real good option. If its a desktop you should consider finding someone you like and trust and use teamviewer with him. Basically the other person takes control of your PC and has your screen in front of him when diagnosing the problem. At the same time you can talk with him over chat or voice audio. 

8 hours ago, ajarngreg said:

Sorry, I had a rough day. My apologies.No offense was intended and I guess I misunderstood your post.

But you're right and it's true that too many cooks don't necessarily make better food. G' Evening.    

No problem mate.. I have the same problem at times misreading stuff and reacting a bit too strong. Don't worry about it. 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Good plan.. if its a laptop (believe it is) that is a real good option. If its a desktop you should consider finding someone you like and trust and use teamviewer with him. Basically the other person takes control of your PC and has your screen in front of him when diagnosing the problem. At the same time you can talk with him over chat or voice audio. 

It's actually a Lenovo all-in-one, so it's basically a monitor and keyboard, not difficult to transport.

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

It's actually a Lenovo all-in-one, so it's basically a monitor and keyboard, not difficult to transport.

OP, please be aware that most shops in such a case just put on a new program. They usually don't have the needed knowledge to solve such problems when it comes to more serious English skills.

It happened to a few friends of mine who then had a crappy W 8 copy installed that only took a day or two to show that the program wasn't activated.

Even the Advice places in my area are not familiar with W 10 troubleshooting. I thought you should know that and consider the update instead. It's doing it from alone and you're neither losing time, nor money.

Considering that your machine was already activated, please tell them to p[ut W 10 on. No need to put the CD key in.  I guess you don't wanna go back to W 8, do you? Cheers-    

You could have done a  reset of your machine without leaving the house and to avoid a new and fishy program. 

Recovery_001.png

On 4/14/2017 at 5:02 PM, robblok said:

The OP should install teamviewer and let someone help him. This is one of the worst ways to help someone who is not super computer literate. 

Yes. The OP should install Teamviewer and hopefully has an online friend he can trust who is savvy enough to know how to use it as well as fixing the OP's problems.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yes. The OP should install Teamviewer and hopefully has an online friend he can trust who is savvy enough to know how to use it as well as fixing the OP's problems.

Tried downloading Teamviewer, far too complicated for me. When I have time I'll get a local Thai computer shop to have a look at it.

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Tried downloading Teamviewer, far too complicated for me. When I have time I'll get a local Thai computer shop to have a look at it.

hmmm  .... the best option may to have a shop look at it ...  I was going to suggest saving the attachments in PDF and not JPG .... however, that shouldn't matter as they still should be able to be opened.   

Try playing around with the ' what do you want firefox to do with this file ' 

try saving to your desktop first then attach ?   just a suggestion....   good luck

18 minutes ago, giddyup said:

If teamviewer is too complicated for you then your computer skills are not that high. Its relatively simpel and is used all over the world to offer support. Major companies use it to connect to client computers. Whenever I have a problem with my fiscal software they will ask me to start up teamviewer and take care of the problem. 

Whenever my dad has problems I ask him to startup teamviewer and I take over his computer. Its a great program to use.

Of course your solution works, and my solution only works if you have someone who is good with computers and who you trust. 

25 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yes the problem is that the OP would need a friend that is good enough with computers to help him... using teamviewer is easy (almost) everyone can use it. 

It seems Gmail is working again. I uninstalled Firefox and reloaded it and then tried sending an attachment to myself, which worked, so I assume it will work if I send it to someone else. I don't know if reinstalling Firefox was the answer or just a coincidence. I still can't preview attachments which I'm pretty sure I could do before, but at least it's working.

It seems Gmail is working again. I uninstalled Firefox and reloaded it and then tried sending an attachment to myself, which worked, so I assume it will work if I send it to someone else. I don't know if reinstalling Firefox was the answer or just a coincidence. I still can't preview attachments which I'm pretty sure I could do before, but at least it's working.

Firefox have started to unsupport various things that some people find essential such as Silverlight. There is an alternative version of FF that still supports it but that will only last a year or so. Might be worth investigating?

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer