Historian denies involvement in removal of 1932 revolution peg

rooster59

Historian denies involvement in removal of 1932 revolution peg

By Kasamakorn Chanwanpen
The Nation

228d181b628d472e20567ef1f72fe238.jpeg

Thepmontri Limpaphayorm, a historian suspected by many pro-democracy activists as being responsible for the mysterious disappearance of the 1932 Revolution peg.

Thepmontri Limpaphayorm, a historian suspected by many pro-democracy activists as being responsible for the mysterious disappearance of the 1932 Revolution peg, has denied knowing anything about the removal of the historical item, insisting he only learned about the incident from the news.

The public learned on Friday evening that the People’s Party “Memorial Peg”, or Mhud Khana Ratsadon, had been replaced with a new metal plate which contained no message about the revolution that ended the absolute monarchy and brought democracy to the country.

Since then, it had been widely speculated that some ultra-royalist group, possibly led by Thepmontri, might be responsible.

The accusers referred to the historian’s Facebook post in October which featured a photograph of the peg with a message looking for its owner and telling the person to take away out by the end of the year if he or she wanted to keep it.

Otherwise, Thepmontri threatened in the post that he and his friend would take it out or destroy it.

In addition, Thepmontri on Thursday also posted on Facebook that he had learned some good news on Songkran but failed to explain what it was. It gave rise to suspicion that he was behind the replacement of the historical peg.

However, the historian stressed under the same post that the pro-democracy activists had been confused and he had not known anything about the missing peg until he heard it on the news.

After many people commented on the post asking about the peg, Thepmontri later announced on his Facebook: “The good news is that I’m getting one new piece of work and that I’m getting married later this year.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30312346

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-16

I would be looking at Prayuth.  He may not be able to restore absolute monarchy but he has created absolute power.  This tablet couldn't have been removed and replaced with a new one that had to be commissioned without any knowing.  Prayuth has always preached about his desire to return the country to the old ways.  Just my opinion.

This picture, claimed taken on the night of 5th April shows a tent with a black and green roof set up over where the plaque is - can't think of any organisation here that uses green and black a lot!

IMG_0612.JPG

Edited by Orac

10 minutes ago, Orac said:

This picture, claimed taken on the night of 5th April shows a tent with a black and green roof set up over where the plaque is - can't think of any organisation here that uses green and black a lot!

IMG_0612.JPG

But nobody knows anything.

1 hour ago, Orac said:

IMG_0612.JPG

Not trying to take the piss mate but that looks like green and blue to me. Not only that its a pretty standard looking tarpaulin nothing even vaguely military about it IMO

Not trying to take the piss mate but that looks like green and blue to me. Not only that its a pretty standard looking tarpaulin nothing even vaguely military about it IMO

You could be right. Must be going colour blind!

Well, aside from the discussion regarding the colours of the tent, the photo was purportedly taken on the evening of April 5th looking at the Rama V monument, at the Royal Plaza. Since April 6th was Chakri day and it is a national holiday, is it not possible it was set up by the military for the occasion?

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2016/11/02/ultra-royalists-threaten-destroy-1932-revolution-plaque/

Well, aside from the discussion regarding the colours of the tent, the photo was purportedly taken on the evening of April 5th looking at the Rama V monument, at the Royal Plaza. Since April 6th was Chakri day and it is a national holiday, is it not possible it was set up by the military for the occasion?

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2016/11/02/ultra-royalists-threaten-destroy-1932-revolution-plaque/

C9eULzlXgAA5KlX.jpg.08078f83cec31cefb31aa945aaf105d8.jpg

Saw this on twitter. Another angle.

But nobody knows anything.

Nobody knows anything, my arse........

Reminds me of years ago when I left my Thai GF in my Saladaeng apartment, when I went out to work.  Came back a few hours later to find the apartment totally stripped of all furnishings, including my exercise treadmill that required 4 men to lift it.

The condo management said 'We saw nothing.....!' :shock1:

They can do what they want but in the end democracy will win. It may take many years but the flame of freedom inside all of us cannot be dosed by oppresion, laws , guns or injustice. These transgressions against the people only flame the fire more. Due to Buddhism the flame here may burn slower but it burns. The only question is which people and institutions will be on the right side of history. 

2 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

The question is who will steal such a national icon, in a very open area which should be covered by CCTV ? Maybe someone that knows their backside is covered.

But think about it they had to measure it first to get the fake the correct size. So they had to remove it twice 

Edited by SOUTHERNSTAR