Leash it, or lose it.

Shot

Next time your unleashed dog runs in front of me, I won’t slow down or honk the horn; I’ll just run over it.

Next time your unleashed dog charges me at the beach; it will get a very pointy stick in the throat.

I am sick and tired of stupid dog owners with unleashed dogs.

Leash it, or lose it.

I would suggest confront the owner. For if you kill or injure his dog I am sure he will confront you. So go straight to you and him and leave the dog out of it.Till at least the owner has been straigthened out or you get an attitude adjustment.

5 hours ago, stereolab said:

Are these available locally? I brought 2 Dazers with me, but local dogs seemed unaffected. Really need something for when I am cycling.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If the local dogs are unaffected they are more than likely deaf or your battery is dead. As a last result you can bounce it off the dogs head. If your on a bike carry a long stick and pretend your in a horse race flogging from side to side. Hit your legs as well to give them the incentive to peddle faster. You could also use the Custers Last Stand defense get of the bike and face them head on with a stick. I hear those rabies shots are a B***h. Stand your ground. 

1 hour ago, johng said:

It's cheaper with less jail time to give the dog owner a good beating instead of their mutt.

If it is a lone Thai, you most likely won't have a problem, just make sure that none of his friends are around. Oh! and make sure you can handle

the dog is necessary.

It saddens me that I read such nastiness concerning dogs. As for Shot, misspelled I think, his pointed stick would soon be anally administered by any dog owners whose animal was assaulted by him.  Driving over a dog deliberately? Really. If you are caught, you would probably be hospitalised, and then hopefully deported. Dogs have a much right to use the beach as anyone and they rarely attack unless threatened, or you are entering their domain. I have 26 dogs at my home, who are my friends, plus several others outside whom are fed and cared for by my wife. I am not that fond of a lot of the arrogant farang  flotsam that resides in Thailand, I am fond of Thais and dogs/cats/horses.

10 minutes ago, Panda13 said:

Some dogs just aren't afraid of people who are armed. I used train dogs to Shutzhund level, you pull a gun or a pointy stick on one and it will tear your head off and take a dump down your neck.images.jpg

Well thanks for that non sequitur. The problem in Thailand is exactly the opposite: the total lack of dog training and irresponsible owners. I doubt very much that the OP had working police/military dogs in mind when he opened the topic.

It is relevant . Not all dogs are trained just for police/military use. Lots are trained for private security, from car yards to outlaw motorcycle clubhouses. People from all walks of life want a protection dog for all sorts of reasons. They're not just for Christmas, they're for life. Their owners might have retired to Thailand and live near a beach and brought the dog with them.
But hey, swing away. The dog might not be your biggest problem. I bet the owner is going to understand.

There are dog cruelty laws here in Thailand. Up to two years in prison and 40,000 Baht fine, plus a possible beating by the locals. If you want to live where dogs are leashed, I suggest you move back to farangland as there are no leash laws in Phuket. 

Frankly I am surprised this troll topic has lasted this long.

Suggesting cruelty to animals and or making threats of same will not be tolerated.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

//CLOSED