Internet loves Buakaw’s humble, rural-style garage

webfact

Internet loves Buakaw’s humble, rural-style garage (PHOTOS)

By Coconuts Bangkok 

bk.jpg

Photo: Buakaw Banchamek/ Facebook

BANGKOK: -- Despite his Muay Thai superstar status, Buakaw Banchamek is admired for his humble country lifestyle.  

So when the celebrity athlete bought a THB7 million Porsche, it made sense that he would just park the luxury ride outside his little hut in his hometown in Surin province.

Photos of Buakaw and his humble garage went viral during the Songkran holiday, and many netizens admired him for publicizing the Isaan lifestyle and never letting fame change who he is.

Full story:  https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/internet-loves-buakaws-humble-rural-style-garage-photos/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-04-19

Whats humble about a 7million baht Porsche ?

What's humble is he'll be dead broke in 5 years.

Just like all those idiots from the NFL that woke up one day to realize it wasnt an endless stream.

He'll be teaching Muay Thai at 100 Baht an hour soon enough...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Dagnabbit said:

Just like all those idiots from the NFL that woke up one day to realize it wasnt an endless stream.

Do I detectl a bit of the green eyed monster syndrome in the above post :partytime2:

Do I detectl a bit of the green eyed monster syndrome in the above post :partytime2:

Not at all.

I am well enough off myself. I just find it amusing when these sports 'stars' piss their money up the wall in a short lived show of status.

57 minutes ago, Dagnabbit said:

Not at all.

I am well enough off myself. I just find it amusing when these sports 'stars' piss their money up the wall in a short lived show of status.

You only live once, enjoy it while it lasts, could be dead tomorrow and I'm sure a few other cliches apply particularly for Thais. I'm not sure Buakaw put a lot of thought into his combined super/pension plan and if it does all go well... 

Mai ba lai :)

5 hours ago, starky said:

You only live once, enjoy it while it lasts, could be dead tomorrow and I'm sure a few other cliches apply particularly for Thais. I'm not sure Buakaw put a lot of thought into his combined super/pension plan and if it does all go well... 

Mai ba lai :)

Not for the Thais it  isnt, they  live repeatedly, a  fallacy but the reality is your atoms  may be used again in something else in fact certainly  will be at some point,  no need for Peoples invented  nonsense at what they dont understand, science continually  pushes  back the religious crap to where it  belongs,  into the waste  bin of  human ideas.

True  to Thai style  though the colour, needs a  dash of  lime green or  pink.:sick:

Edited by kannot

3 minutes ago, kannot said:

Not for the Thais it  isnt, they  live repeatedly, a  fallacy but the reality is your atoms  may be used again in something else in fact certainly  will be at some point,  no need for Peoples invented  nonsense at what they dont understand, science continually  pushes  back the religious crap to where it  belongs,  into the waste  bin of  human ideas

Bit off topic but you are correct :)

13 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I recently gave away my Ferrari to a passer by, because my garage was getting overcrowded with my Lamborghinis.

Yes, I could have built a second garage, but that would not have been in line with my humble lifestyle.

A True Thai   Buddhist if ever I saw one :thumbsup::smile:

3 hours ago, kannot said:

Not for the Thais it  isnt, they  live repeatedly, a  fallacy but the reality is your atoms  may be used again in something else in fact certainly  will be at some point,  no need for Peoples invented  nonsense at what they dont understand, science continually  pushes  back the religious crap to where it  belongs,  into the waste  bin of  human ideas.

True  to Thai style  though the colour, needs a  dash of  lime green or  pink.:sick:

Yes, his karma is totally buggered now. I mean a yellow Porsche? What on earth was he thinking???!!!

(bet it was cheap tho')

3 hours ago, oldhippy said:

I recently gave away my Ferrari to a passer by, because my garage was getting overcrowded with my Lamborghinis.

Yes, I could have built a second garage, but that would not have been in line with my humble lifestyle.

Such a magnanimous gesture, well done!

May I ask what temple you are the abbot of? 

I think the guy is right on.  He can keep his simple Isaan  life of little cost. But at the moment can splurge on a fancy car. Why not? If in a few years if he is a broke ex fighter he still has the lifestyle he knows and charishs,plus a old Porsche to remind him and bring back memories of his glory years. If he is happy where he is and who he is,why should he change. Fighting just got him out into the world and he left it at that. I respect him more than all the Thai want to be high so and demand respect for driving a new Toyota. A man who gives himself one simple reward and pleasure  but otherwise is the same man gets my vote any day. Money did not take away his roots.

On 23/04/2017 at 10:34 PM, Dagnabbit said:

Big name ex fighters can tour western nations and charge good money for seminars.

He could also own 3 or 4 houses that his family lives in. Who knows.

On 4/24/2017 at 7:50 AM, lovelomsak said:

I think the guy is right on.  He can keep his simple Isaan  life of little cost. But at the moment can splurge on a fancy car. Why not? If in a few years if he is a broke ex fighter he still has the lifestyle he knows and charishs,plus a old Porsche to remind him and bring back memories of his glory years. If he is happy where he is and who he is,why should he change. Fighting just got him out into the world and he left it at that. I respect him more than all the Thai want to be high so and demand respect for driving a new Toyota. A man who gives himself one simple reward and pleasure  but otherwise is the same man gets my vote any day. Money did not take away his roots.

didnt get him any taste though

On 4/23/2017 at 7:34 PM, Dagnabbit said:

Edited by alfieconn

On 4/23/2017 at 7:34 PM, Dagnabbit said:

There is an ex champ running a gym at the Hard Rock Hotel in Pattaya. It beats rice farming, I imagine. Most Thais would love to earn 100 Baht an hour.

On 4/24/2017 at 4:14 AM, oldhippy said:

you have a garage ?

i just leave all of mine outside :)

just joshin .. dave2

car sports lamborghini 27 oct 12 2012_10270004.jpg

sports car red ferrari 15 aug 15 20150815_122458 (36).jpg