Court to rule on gruesome murder case against Spanish man

webfact

59 minutes ago, SiamBeast said:

Tattoos have nothing to do with the case, but how often do you see perfect law-abiding citizens who work respectable jobs covered in tattoos like that?

My hairdresser and barber has tattoos from head to toe and works in a fancy salon in Central Embassy. Cut and shave will cost you around 2,000 baht. 

I consider this an honest and respectable job. Not like he is issuing traffic tickets or something. 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, JerryinTH said:

My hairdresser and barber has tattoos from head to toe and works in a fancy salon in Central Embassy. Cut and shave will cost you around 2,000 baht. 

I consider this an honest and respectable job. Not like he is issuing traffic tickets or something. 

Exception confirm the rule.

"Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing."  For Pete's sake.  What a disgusting individual.   The tattoos do not exactly detract  from the distinct impression that he is probably not really a very nice chap anyway, with or without the ink.    He looks happy to be having his life's

3 hours ago, mercman24 said:

your first 6 words said it all about your judgmental attitude.l

If he ever gets out are you volunteering to let him come and stay with you and your family?   I didn't think so.

3 hours ago, SiamBeast said:

I don't want to judge anyone, but coming to court covered in tattoos when you're the defendent in a criminal case is probably a bad idea.

Yeah... the orange, one-piece, county jail jumpsuit would handily cover them up and everyone would think he was simply a plumber.

must admit ....it's scary....he doesnt look like a killer...... i mean the picture make him look good.....innocent or not...... psychopath or not..... you can never trust anyone for real.... all the people who around you ..could decide ..for a reason or no reason to end you savagely .......

So be careful and watch your back ..... 

Chok dee all :)

13 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Ratchadapisek Criminal Court in Bangkok ruled that there was strong scientific evidence to convict Artur Segarra Princep for the murder of fellow Spanish national David Bernat, although police and prosecutors did not produce any definitive witnesses to implicate him.

No witnesses, so it is one piece of circumstantial DNA, a money transfer and the testimony of a cleaning lady who worked in his Condo complex. I suspect this will be going to the Appeal Court. To be satisfied of guilt beyond all reasonable doubt, I would have liked to have seen something a bit more concrete.

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Probably because he knows that the entire proceedings are a farce. If you have ever seen Thai trials you will understand.

The "Forgive them, they don't know what they are doing" line kind of supports that.

I don't know if he did it or not, but I would not trust any judgment from the courts here. Look at the Koh Tao boys as a perfect example.

when you know that fact...and also the fact about thai police corruption ..you will certainly behave correctly ....... 

1 hour ago, SiamBeast said:

it's hard to plead innocent to murder when you look like most criminals who are already in jail

Maybe you mean hardened criminals.

Can you cite statistics on this ? :)

Edited by AGLV0121

1 minute ago, AGLV0121 said:

Can you cite statistics on this ? :)

No statistics but my buddy, a criminal defense lawyer in Houston got his 'guilty as sin' client off a murder charge when the deputies working the courthouse didn't allow the defendant time to change from his orange coveralls into the 3-piece suit before entering court. Instant objection and call for a mistrial, upheld by the judge who roundly tore the sheriffs deputies a new ringpiece before discharging the murderer.

29 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

got his 'guilty as sin' client off a murder charge

Nothing surprising after OJ's trial :-/

By statistics, I referred to ratios of criminals Vs tattoo bearers, Everybody's got one these days.

9 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

Amazing that they can deal with a capital murder case in less than a year but still four years or more after the Red Bull heir incident he still walks and travels freely.

The Red Bull guy has a lot of money and influence, the Spanish guy has neither. thats the difference.

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

A lot

Maybe he should have had a manicure and some teeth whitening treatment as well. What a load of rubbish. It makes no difference what the guy looks like as justice is meant to be blind and without prejudice, it`s whether he is guilty as changed what this case is all about.

But in my opinion he is as guilty as sin. Can`t imagine the torment his victim must have went through. If they do execute him, I hope it`s as slow and painful as his victim suffered.

6 hours ago, SiamBeast said:

I don't want to judge anyone, but coming to court covered in tattoos when you're the defendent in a criminal case is probably a bad idea.

I think he is well past the "impressing the court" stage. You heard the phrase "wants 15 minutes of fame" well this guy is greedy he wants more.