Police nab a woman alleged to have duped 90 million baht from gold investors

rooster59

Police nab a woman alleged to have duped 90 million baht from gold investors

2104006.jpg

An alleged trickster who reportedly cheated about 90 million baht in gold trading from dozens of gullible investors has been arrested by police.

The suspect, 32-year old Ms Ratchuda Thongyam, who lives in Tambon Khu Khod in Lam Lukka district of Pathum Thani, was presented to the media at a press conference held by the Central Investigation Bureau on Friday. She is facing public fraud charge.

Pol Maj-Gen Supaseth Chokechai, commander of technology crime division, said that police had received complaints from about 60 victims who claimed that they put their investments, estimated at about 90 million baht, with Ms Ratchuda who claimed in her Facebook page that she could acquire gold from gold shops at prices far below market prices.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-nab-woman-alleged-duped-90-million-baht-gold-investors/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-04-22

Never fails, somebody advertises i can get gold for you at below market prices.

Gullible/ greedy fools say, i want some of that heres my money.

Never think for 1 moment it might be a scam, never check anything, just grab and get nothing.

<<<<derogatory generalization removed>>>>.

Edited by metisdead

9 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Never fails, somebody advertises i can get gold for you at below market prices.

Gullible/ greedy fools say, i want some of that heres my money.

Never think for 1 moment it might be a scam, never check anything, just grab and get nothing.

<<<<derogatory generalization removed>>>>.

Why are you so cynical Colin?

I have a supply of Magic Beans for sale. Pm me your a/c details & I guarantee a surprise for you.

:laugh:

I have very little sympathy for anyone stupid enough to have fallen for this con. Gold has a fixed price, you can't just pick it up on the cheap.

Fair play to the BIB. That's two serious con artists nicked inside a week.

At least they got the scammer and hopefully will fleece her of all her ill gained

monies and returned them to the people, gullible or not, human nature is

to trust others and some times blindly, but doesn't mean they should be taken

advantage of...

If the scammer is clever enough to come up with this scheme, then I guess she's cleaver enough to have stashed the money somewhere safely. When she gets out of gaol, she'll probably never have to work again. 

2 hours ago, Minnie the Minx said:

Are they gold magic beans? Fools and their money are soon parted. :smile:

Naah, even better, I have magic water for sale, just dip cut paper into the water and it changes to a 1,000Baht note, guaranteed every time. Just transfer 100,000Baht to me and make your fortune. 90% discount air tickets available also. 

Edited by scorecard

16 minutes ago, Dizer said:

One word.. ignorance.. there has been more people who have fallen for ponzi and pyramid schemes in the West than any where else..makes me wonder about your intellect.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ponzi_schemes

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That link implies that greedy and stupid people the world over have fallen for ponzi schemes not just the West. 

It doesn't state anywhere I've read on it that more have fallen for them in the west. 

Does make clear are a lot of schemes and gullible people out there. 

I liked the Russian one though, where it actually may have been a legitimate proposition at the time, due to the chaos after the collapse of the ussr. 

Mind it is wikipedia, so could just be BS. 

Edited by Bluespunk

2 hours ago, djayz said:

If the scammer is clever enough to come up with this scheme, then I guess she's cleaver enough to have stashed the money somewhere safely. When she gets out of gaol, she'll probably never have to work again. 

90 mil? If she was clever she wouldn't be in Thailand nor would the 90.

1 hour ago, realenglish1 said:

Scams like that do not work in the west Tells me the intellect of the Duped ones 

Bernie Madof, remember? Many of the folks he scammed are high profile movie stars, celebrities, etc., etc.