Who is required to report to immigration within 24 hours?

On 6/19/2019 at 7:42 PM, rkidlad said:

Not knowing you had to do it makes it  quite difficult. 

I don't read ThaiVISA so how could I possibly know about these silly rules?

No signs up anywhere, no warnings when I get my 90 day non O from the consulate or enter/leave Thailand.

So how would I know?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

I applied and was granted an Extension today at CW, but most definitely it was only issued following the completion of a form TM30 and as I had not reported a form TM30 since 2014, I was Fined 800 baht, had to provide copies of the chanote (I am a condo owner), the yellow book was not required and I had to provide a handwritten drawing of my condo location. It was also stressed that when I return into the Kingdom in future, I should submit a TM30 within 24 hours.
What is your Extension for?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

43 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

What is your Extension for?

Extension type doesn't come into it.

You just have to do it.

The only difference might be that your local IO may only require it done once or might require it every time you leave and return or only if you change address.

Asking your local office what they require is the only way to know.

Edited by overherebc

Extension type doesn't come into it.
You just have to do it.
The only difference might be that your local IO may only require it done once or might require it every time you leave and return or only if you change address.
Asking your local office what they require is the only way to know.
I disagree. There is lots of evidence that CW are applying the law differently for different types of Extensions. It would be useful which Extension was being applied for in this case.

35 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I disagree. There is lots of evidence that CW are applying the law differently for different types of Extensions. It would be useful which Extension was being applied for in this case.

That might be the case today.

My interpretation is that no matter where you stay/live someone has to do a TM30.

The Thai landlord, yourself as as the possessor, the hotel you spend the weekend at, your friend's wife if you go to visit them for a couple of days and then when you get home again by you or your wife if more than 24 hours at your friends place.

Individual offices may change their interpretation but that's their rules, not the law as written.

Edited by overherebc

That might be the case today.

My interpretation is that no matter where you stay/live someone has to do a TM30.

The Thai landlord, yourself as as the possessor, the hotel you spend the weekend at, your friend's wife if you go to visit them for a couple of days and then when you get home again by you or your wife if more than 24 hours at your friends place.

Individual offices may change their interpretation but that's their rules, not the law as written.

I agree. How the law is being enforced is changing daily. Hence my interest in someone posting that at CW they were not asked for a TM30 for their Extension. This seems to be happening to people on Work extensions, rather than Retirement or Marriage.

Up to Cassde if he wants to provide this detail.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I agree. How the law is being enforced is changing daily. Hence my interest in someone posting that at CW they were not asked for a TM30 for their Extension. This seems to be happening to people on Work extensions, rather than Retirement or Marriage.

Theres a number of articles (with a few disclaimers to be honest) popping up around the online press (the origin seems to be an article on BKP) that a number of "situations" will not require a TM30 at CW.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Uptooyoo said:

I've read on other threads that one needs to report to immigration within 24 hours upon return to one's home residence, even from an overnight stay at a local hotel. Is this true???

That depends upon the immigration office you report to. Only a few are wanting it done after trips within the country.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That depends upon the immigration office you report to. Only a few are wanting it done after trips within the country.

Ubonjoe - Can you, or anyone else who reads this, confirm whether Immigration 1 Chaengwattana wants you to file one again for travel within the country?   I can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere.   (I'm trying to get an answer from CW, but not luck getting through yet.  FYI- I am on a Non-O, just extended 1 year this past Tuesday, filed TM30 before getting extension of stay)  

Edited by TwoShipps
incorrect grammar

Just returned from the UK and went to Kap Choeng to register my arrival and place of residence within the 24 hour rule. The officers told me that I must carry my passport with me at all times . If I do not have it with me I will be arrested and taken to the local police station until p/p & visa are shown . They also said that there had been several arrests recently resulting in deportation and fines for overstay . In their office was a large wall chart covering this month , the last and the next showing the amount of arrests etc .

I spoke to them and said that I had read about this subject in the TVF where higher Bangkok authorities had said that copies of your p/p would suffice i.e. the main front page with your picture plus the latest visa stamp . Secondly I said that a copy on your phone was also endorsed giving the same info . The Kap Choeng officers agreed with that or conceded that but dismissed the Thai driving licence which carries your p/p number .  Their have been visits to local bars where I live and arrests made because of visa issues . 

Seems like a real clamp down and tightening up on visa rules is happening .   

14 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's crazy to risk losing your passport on a night out.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Exactly and I did say that a UK p/p was a valuable document that could put the owner at risk from thieves and attacks if it were made mandatory to carry it on your person at all times .

• Like 1

THE PERSON who owns the condo or the person who is managing the condo for the owner.......
Correct. Although if the renter needs to visit Immigration for any kind of Extension the report will need to be on file or the Extension may not be processed. If the owner has not, or will not, report, Bangkok allow renters to file a TM30 with just their passport and a copy of the lease.

• Like 1

So, I was told years back at Jomtien that I must also go myself and fill in the document Notification of Address  as, on a tourist visa 60 days, when I want an extension, I will need the slip of paper stapled to passport. So, my condo management does it all online and gives me the copy, then I also must go myself. I do this every year as I stay 3 months and need my extension. 

I think if you don’t want/ need an extension, you don’t have to bother with reporting yourself, and only condo management will be enough.