Thailand swelters in heatwave with storms expected

webfact

Nation swelters in heatwave with storms expected 
By The Nation

6b4eb587e898b36fcc8f79d1d62e4c34.jpeg

File photo : People in Songkhla province on Sunday enjoy strolling at the beach as the mercury climbed up.

BANGKOK: -- The heatwave enveloping the country saw temperatures in the North rise to high as 41 degrees and 40 degrees in the North and the Northeast respectively on Sunday.

In the capital, the mercury peaked at 39 degrees, according to the Meteorological Department. 

It warned the public to brace for continued severe weather conditions, with increasing thundershowers and gusty winds expected in the North, the Northeast, the Central regional, the East and the South during the next few days.

In Sakhon Nakhon province’s Muang district, the body of day labourer Wisanukorn Onsritha, 39, was found in a hammock under a tree near Soi Chumchon Khamsa-ard 4 on Sunday evening. 

He had suffered a heart attack. 

His aunt, who was only identified as Boonkerd, 59, told police that Wisanukorn, who had separated from his wife in Trat province and returned to hometown a year ago, would sit in the area along with other day laborers to wait for jobs. 

His fellow workers told police they returned to the spot at noon on Sunday following a goods-delivery job and Wisanukorn, who looked exhausted, went to sleep in the hammock under the tree. 

As no more jobs came their way in the afternoon, they went home and left Wisanukorn to sleep there until someone tried to wake him up in the evening and found that he was dead. 

The medical examiner said he died of a heart attack about four hours before his body was discovered.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30313175

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-24

39 minutes ago, 8OA8 said:

Yes but 39 yrs old seems a bit too soon

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Yes, indeed it is. It's also a bit disconcerting given that he probably would have been used to working in the heat. Perhaps he overdid himself or had some underlying medical problems.

Two stories here. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Nation swelters in heatwave with storms expected

Huge storm hit Kalasin today. Yai says she's never seen anything like it this time of year. Been living there all her life.

the body of day labourer Wisanukorn Onsritha, 39, was found in a hammock under a tree near Soi Chumchon Khamsa-ard 4 on Sunday evening. He had suffered a heart attack. 

All the post so far are in relation to the man who died yet the headline is Nation swelters in heatwave with storms expected . We may see more deaths in relation to the storm systems. Odd or not very good piece of journalism here. Two separate yet related stories with the majority of the story about someone who died. Maybe a different headline or separate stories. 

As for the temperatures it's been above what they say. 

RIP Mate

Its only 12c here, very pleasant, but if it gets colder I will go and put on another coat. When summer arrives (arriving now) we can sit all day in the Garden and BBQ, you know this old country ain't so bad after all and as for 40c after you shed the TShirts and Shorts, you cannot shed the Skin so off to the Mall to spend the cash is the only way to stay cool.

Had the old man's conversation between a few of us today on the lines of 'is it our age or is it getting hotter every year?'

General opinion was yes it's getting hotter.

For me when I arrived back in 19 canteen I usually wore jeans/slacks and a shirt, now it's 99% shorts and shirt.

So for 'us' old gits it does feel as though it's a lot hotter than 15/20 years ago.

Edited by overherebc

Big storm in Wichien Buri today. 5 house had part of their roofs blown away. Saw several trees badly damaged and debris everywhere. In our own back garden our metal framed vegetable patch awning completely demolished.

Will have to rebuild the frame tomorrow. Power was out from about 3.30 until 7.30.

Good luck to you cold blooded expats from the cold parts of the world. You must all be sweating it everyday

with the heat turned up all over Thailand. The high 30s to the low 40s is just too hot even for the locals.

Hope the rains come and cool off your areas soon. Today we had snow and the temp was -1C this AM and

only 7C for our high temp, I even put on my parka for my morning outing, Ah Springtime in Canada, no bugs

or mosquitoes yet.

Geezer

7 hours ago, CockneyGit said:

Knocking 40+ degrees here in Kanchanaburi. Roasting..!!

12c here with a bit of rain in the morning, so took the day off to do the Garden looks so lush green and the apple blossom on the tree at the bottom of the garden looks amazing. Do you know with all the work I carried out i did not sweet at all, lovely to sit back and see it all start to come together for the summer. But I guess you would think the old country is not up to your standards as we do not have those bloody insects that try to take a bite out of you any chance they get.

Maybe we will do some roasting on Sunday and eat outside as long as its not 40c

Edited by wakeupplease

Up here in Loei Province, Isaan, it has been spot on, morning and night, thunder storms, heavy rain and strong winds.  Almost set my watch by it, 5.30am to around 7.00am and 5.00pm to around 6.00pm both days.  Temperatures during both days 39c, of a night a lot cooler at 25c. Thank goodness for the rain as it will help the garden and save me money by not having to water every day.:wai: