Monk in robes crashes his mate's souped up car just on eve of leaving the monkhood

webfact

Monk in robes crashes his mate's souped up car just on eve of leaving the monkhood

2am.jpg

Picture: Daily News

SUPHANBURI: -- A monk in robes borrowed his mate's car and took it for a spin on the roads near his Suphanburi temple.

Unfortunately no sooner had he got out of the temple and put the orange motor into top gear, he hit a tree and was trapped inside with another friend.

It all happened yesterday - just one day before Phra Thapanat Chaiyasut, 31, was to leave the monkhood.

Sam Chuk police and medics rushed to the scene of the accident yesterday and founf the monk and Bunrit Pheungcharoen, 19, trapped in the car that was severely damaged.

The monk broke his arm and had a leg injury. His passenger was unconscious and immediately taken to hospital, reported Daily News.

Police discovered that Phra Thapanat had been visited by a friend and had asked to borrow his car. He raced out of the temple at high speed and almost immediately lost control crashing into a tree.

It was not reported if there were any amulets in the car.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-26

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

It was not reported if there were any amulets in the car.

I would imagine there were no amulets in the car, as well as no brain cells in there either.

Edited by Thaiwrath

Those short time monks are not the real deal, they're there from ulterior

and selfish motives, some even become monks to escape consequences

being a civilian, so it's not surprising to see those guys being involved

in many unholy activities.....

Someone showed me this pic on their phone yesterday. I rhetorically asked "What's a monk doing driving a sports car?"

"He was doing a speed test" they earnestly replied. 

Oh, well, that's okay then. Nothing to see here. 

How long  was he a monk?3 days to keep mum happy.Waste of money but hey,the wat gets it's cut.What an abuse of Buddism.What a sad thing  modern Thai Buddism has turned out to be.A complete perversion of what it was and should be.And most Thais are brainwashed from birth about the wrong way to go.

I have to wonder what percentage of the guys wearing saffron robes in the temples nowadays are genuine long-term followers of Buddha?  

Many seem to be there on a very temporary basis to satisfy tradition, or to escape the real world with all its problems, or just to make money.

The non-genuine monks do the reputation of all the others no good at all and do a great disservice to Buddhism, which, exercised properly, seems to me to be a great way to live one's life.   Unfortunately, there does not seem to be much evidence of true Buddhism

in Thailand just now.

1 hour ago, louse1953 said:

How long  was he a monk?3 days to keep mum happy.Waste of money but hey,the wat gets it's cut.What an abuse of Buddism.What a sad thing  modern Thai Buddism has turned out to be.A complete perversion of what it was and should be.And most Thais are brainwashed from birth about the wrong way to go.

I can remember in a village where a young lad was entering the Monkhood. The parents must have shelled out over a 100,000 bahts for a "entering" party.  Sure were a lot of happy drunks there.