Booed in Berlin for praising father, IvankaTrump says fine-tuning role

webfact

11 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Here's a little something about the Chinese company that has the exclusive contract to make Ivanka's clothing:

Ivanka Trump’s Clothing Line Is Made in a Chinese Factory Where Workers Earn $1 an Hour

“Workers at a factory in China used by the company that makes clothing for Ivanka Trump’s fashion line and other brands worked nearly 60 hours a week to earn wages of little more than $62 a week, according to a factory audit released Monday,” the Post reports. “The factory’s 80 workers knit clothes for the contractor, G-III Apparel Group, which has held the exclusive license to make the Ivanka Trump brand’s $158 dresses, $79 blouses and other clothes since 2012.”

The October 2016 inspection of the G-III factory—carried out by an industry self-monitoring collective, the Fair Labor Association, which includes companies like Nike—found two-dozen violations of international labor standards as determined by the United Nations’ International Labor Organization."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/04/25/ivanka_trump_s_clothing_line_made_by_chinese_factory_workers_earning_1_an.html

Put it in context.

Better comment on Walmart's manufacturing in China, only one of thousands of American companies doing so, costing 400,000 American jobs.   I'm sure Ivanka Trump's business doesn't do that!!!

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/09/news/companies/walmart-jobs-china-imports/

Edited by F4UCorsair

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Put it in context.

Better comment on Walmart's manufacturing in China, only one of thousands of American companies doing so, costing 400,000 American jobs.   I'm sure Ivanka Trump's business doesn't do that!!!

Then again Walmart isn't officially part of an administration complaining about cheap chinese labor. Although, maybe, like Ivanka it does pretend to care about families. Life must be great for the families of those chinese workers.

8 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Put it in context.

The difference is that Ivanka and the Trump family are benefitting from the same practices of foreign labor they claim to abhor due to the lost American jobs.

8 minutes ago, vaultdweller0013 said:

The difference is that Ivanka and the Trump family are benefitting from the same practices of foreign labor they claim to abhor due to the lost American jobs.

So the Trumps are also costing 400,000 American jobs.   Hypocrisy is nought compared with 400,000 jobs.

5 hours ago, alanrchase said:

The article is from Reuters not TV or the Bangkok Post. The article is also not about Donald Trump it is about Ivanka Trump. Are you suggesting no foreign news should be published in newspapers?

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You have been down on Trump fr.o.m. the begining.Like the man says:Give him a chanse.

14 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Then again Walmart isn't officially part of an administration complaining about cheap chinese labor. Although, maybe, like Ivanka it does pretend to care about families. Life must be great for the families of those chinese workers.

You know whether the Chinese workers are being underpaid?   Or paid less than they should be?   A great number have jobs as a consequence of Walmart's involvement in Chinese manufacturing.  I would prefer that Americans do the work, but we're told constantly that it is a global economy, not an American economy, or British, or European.

Would American workers work for less?   I doubt it, nor should they, but the world has never been different, with manufacturing being done by huge, and multinationals in the country with cheapest labor.

2 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

You know whether the Chinese workers are being underpaid?   Or paid less than they should be?   A great number have jobs as a consequence of Walmart's involvement in Chinese manufacturing.  I would prefer that Americans do the work, but we're told constantly that it is a global economy, not an American economy, or British, or European.

Would American workers work for less?   I doubt it, nor should they, but the world has never been different, with manufacturing being done by huge, and multinationals in the country with cheapest labor.

Donald Trump claims to disagree with you.  

Had you read the article I linked to, this company is a bad one even for China.

1 minute ago, bumling said:

You have been down on Trump fr.o.m. the begining.Like the man says:Give him a chanse.

That's not going to happen bumling because the left can't come to grips with Clinton losing.   If the left had turned out in greater numbers she may well have won, but that didn't happen, so we now have to put up with constant bitching, unless of course, he's impeached, AND found guilty, and there are plenty saying he will be.  Let's wait and see.

I read a few days back that he has the 15th lowest approval rating of all presidents, after 100 days in office, so that leaves 30 others.  He's exactly a third on the scale.

3 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

That's not going to happen bumling because the left can't come to grips with Clinton losing.   If the left had turned out in greater numbers she may well have won, but that didn't happen, so we now have to put up with constant bitching, unless of course, he's impeached, AND found guilty, and there are plenty saying he will be.  Let's wait and see.

I read a few days back that he has the 15th lowest approval rating of all presidents, after 100 days in office, so that leaves 30 others.  He's exactly a third on the scale.

I don't know about that 15th or thirteenth but he is the lowest in all the polls ever done.Probably not too much polling going on in the 18 and 19 th centuries or the first part of the 20th.

But congratulations on your Trumpian misinterpreting of the data.

Edited by ilostmypassword

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

I don't know about that 15th or thirteenth but he is the lowest in all the polls ever done.Probably not too much polling going on in the 18 and 19 th centuries or the first part of the 20th.

I just knew there would be a 'logical' explanation.

There must have been polling going on otherwise there would be NO figures to compare with, so it would be 15 out of 15, or 15 out of 21, back to when polling did start???  You missed that minor point.

No point in continuing now that the thread swampers are here.  Enjoy arguing among yourselves.

Edited by F4UCorsair

14 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

In terms of modern history starting with Nixon, Trump has the lowest favorable rating in the first 100 days.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/president-trumps-first-100-days/100-days-how-trump-s-rotten-approval-ratings-compare-past-n750096

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/04/trump-approval-ratings-100-days-record-low

Some of the other low-rated presidents have gone on to improve the ratings. So maybe Trump can too as he learns more on how to govern. The problem for Trump now is that a low rating may weaken Republican legislative support for Trump's political agenda who must answer to their own constituencies that might not line up with Trump's constituency.

3 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Ivanka comes with no useful skill sets for the role she purports to play and accomplished nothing in Trump's first 100 days to alter or moderate his political objectives.

She needs to fine-tune herself out of the White House.

It does show just how far removed from reality they are. Maybe they thought this would be some kind of charm offensive in the manner of Jackie Kennedy and Charles de Gaulle c1962. Instead it's just creepy in regard to this girl and her Machiavellian husband. The adult sons are even worse but aren't getting a guernsey, fortunately.

Edited by Prbkk

6 hours ago, elephant45 said:

Why is Thai Visa, Bangkok Post etc so down on Trump. He's not your president. Could you imagine  US Newspapers putting down the General Prayut every day, day after day? Ridiculous, give the guy a chance to do his job. I voted for someone else but they lost,  fair and square.

It's very simple really.  he is POTUS and as such he has to be held to account for his views and actions that affect the outside world.  The reason the vast majority of the world's press and the world's people are so down on him is because he is a lying, racist, homophobic bully and as such has no right to be in the position he is in. In a democratic world the people have a voice and when it comes to Trump they are using it.

Trump does have his supporters but they are a mere drop in the worlds ocean and are struggling to keep defending his lunacy.

1 hour ago, F4UCorsair said:

So the Trumps are also costing 400,000 American jobs.   Hypocrisy is nought compared with 400,000 jobs.

It is your hypocrisy that is stunning. Trump won over his voter base by saying he was bringing jobs back to America and going to punish those companies that did not. Yet here we are, with his daughter (and HIMSELF) with businesses in China, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, paying their workers a pittance, while claiming everyone else is bad for doing so. AND YOU DEFEND HIM!!

And where do we start with this?

59 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

I would prefer that Americans do the work, but we're told constantly that it is a global economy, not an American economy, or British, or European.

That is NOT what Trump won on is it? It is NOT what he claims will make America great - again!

So why support a man whose argument is the antithesis of this?

By the way, stop mentioning Clinton in your posts, it is both pathetic and boring. Trump's performance (or lack of it) is NOTHING to do with Clinton. If Trump started serving 'crap' filled sandwiches in his restaurants you would come up with a good defence for him doing so (and probably say how delicious they are yourself).

When you argue your campaign on work for US citizens, Jobs for Americans, punishing companies who take their work overseas - and then do it ALL yourself with no remorse, apology or change in operations then you deserve everything that is coming - Impeachment - Jail!

1 hour ago, F4UCorsair said:

costing 400,000 American jobs

Not my president, not my first daughter-of-president, and I won't say anything about the merits or truth of what she says.

And I am also not picking on you, corsair, it's just that this myth of the gazillion american jobs doesn't sound right. It's not that if China is making products and exporting them to the US and employs 400,000 people to do so, then by cutting that import to zero will magically create 400,000 american jobs.

The more likely reality is that if China is making, say, trousers that cost 10$ each, americans will buy 1,000,000 of them. If americans made the same trousers, they would cost probably 100$ each, and americans would buy maybe 10 or 100 times less so that only relatively few new "american jobs" would be created.

Besides, global economy works usually both ways: I help you with your exports and you help me with my imports. Making it harder to import will have ripercussions on exports.

3 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Oud clearly also imparts on it's host a sense of Ego. -  Bigly. No wonder you support the Donald.

I don't know where you got that from….oud = ego…lol…..its regal…but in very small doses…most cant handle it.

Truth is, none of these world leaders know how to speak Trump…..it's a special kind of language, deliberately

vague and meandering….until its time to do business. They are still struggling to speak it. Many business leads

talk this way….its a deliberate strategy to keep people guessing.

1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

I don't know where you got that from….oud = ego…lol…..its regal…but in very small doses…most cant handle it.

Truth is, none of these world leaders know how to speak Trump…..it's a special kind of language, deliberately

vague and meandering….until its time to do business. They are still struggling to speak it. Many business leads

Ego was determined from your egotistical response concerning Oud. Suddenly you are an Alpha male that 'even you only wear it sparingly'. Save us please, do you wear pheromones as well to pull in the women?

Trump is not deliberately vague or meandering, he IS vague and meandering. Running a country like he runs his business will never work. Trump never works with a contractor twice, he hooks them in uses their money and resources and then screws them over big time - hence the 4000 class actions currently against him. You cannot do your business with your allies like that now can you? Or do you think it is ok? Forget it don't reply, I know your answer.

8 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

And not at all an indication of his ignorance. Which explains the great success he had at negotiating an end to Obamacare. Genius!

26 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

None of the world leaders know how to speak Trump?  Why don't you read your post again and ask yourself  "Do I really believe this rubbish?"

well gentlemen there seems to be precious little anyone can say to change your minds….so lets reconvene after 4 years and break it down.

Meanwhile you will just have to content yourself with busting a vessel or two on here everyday.

Be well.

21 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

well gentlemen there seems to be precious little anyone can say to change your minds….so lets reconvene after 4 years and break it down.

Meanwhile you will just have to content yourself with busting a vessel or two on here everyday.

Be well.

On the contrary I believe we are all open to being proven wrong and any evidence of that would be truly welcomed.  After all it looks like the USA, through Trump, is losing all it's credibility and that is a truly terrible thing.  Don't just withdraw unless of course you realise that you are flogging a dead horse, in which case I totally understand and wish you all the very best.

29 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Don't just withdraw unless of course you realise that you are flogging a dead horse, in which case I totally understand and wish you all the very best.

Withdraw? Sorry sir…..Im excalibur deep on this one….no retreat.

This topic is about ivanka trump getting booed….I thought it was boorish and ungentlemanly behaviour…she hasn't grabbed anyone or said anything outrageous….while the Donald usually does….and when he does he is mostly being human, as in telling the truth.

5 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

This topic is about ivanka trump getting booed….I thought it was boorish and ungentlemanly behaviour…she hasn't grabbed anyone or said anything outrageous….while the Donald usually does….and when he does he is mostly being human, as in telling the truth.

As in telling the truth?????????

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/04/25/fact-checking-president-trumps-pinocchio-laden-associated-press-interview/?utm_term=.b8216b9d3f87

Edited by ilostmypassword

22 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Glad to hear it.  No point in us all singing from the same hymn sheet!

I think sending his daughter was a good move even though it did backfire a bit.  Hopefully she will become the go-between for Merkel and Trump as they obviously are going to rub each other up the wrong way if left to speaking to each other directly.  After all it would be difficult for Angela to ask Ivanka to request her father sticks it up his  a*se!