Swede held in girlfriend’s condo-fall death

Rimmer

Swede held in girlfriend’s condo-fall death

PATTAYA:--A Swedish man was charged with fatal recklessness in the death of his girlfriend after she fell eight stories from a Pattaya condominium.

Marcus Sten Tapio Karhapaa, 34, maintained that 23-year-old Thanawat Jittiwut, 24, slipped on a wet balcony and fell during an argument at their Pratamnak Hill home. If convicted, he faces 10 years in prison.

The Kampaeng Phet native initially survived the fall, but was pronounced dead at Pattaya Hospital.

Police said the couple had been together for four years, but had been arguing over Karhapaa allegedly having an affair with another woman. Investigators said their condo showed obviously signs of a heated fight.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/swede-held-girlfriends-condo-fall-death-171979

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-04-28

10 minutes ago, kmj said:

Or just maybe he's guilty...

Are you suggesting that the RTP, investigated this case, spoke to him and then decided to charge him ?

No bribes ? No mysterious someone else involved ? No cover ups ?

Controversial 

I personally know of an young American man who was drugged and thrown off the balcony of his high rise apartment in Bangkok by his Thai bar girl wife and her drug dealer boyfriend.  The Thai police had no interest in pursuing her.  But when it's a Thai who goes over the balcony, it's a different story.  I'd be interested to know how many Thais have ever been convicted of killing farangs in this way.  Probably close to zero.

If you saw photo or read post it mentions she was found on pavement with bed clothes (sheet/blanket) with her. How many people would go out on a balcony with a blanket? Is it cold out there? More like they fought inside he  picked her up off the bed and thru her off the balcony.

4 hours ago, DoctorG said:

One would hope that they had more evidence than a messed up apartment.

Physics probably; how does a 5'2" woman slip and fall over a four foot high balcony wall?  I too wonder how a slip and fall would put you over a retaining wall.

Edited by IAMHERE
spelling

13 minutes ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Wots a Farrari?

I'm sure you know he meant Ferrari  is an Italian sports car manufacturer based in Maranello. Founded by Enzo Ferrari in 1939 as Auto Avio Costruzioni, the company built its first car in 1940.

Very fast sports car driven by a lot of Hi-so's who never are charged for killing people in traffic accidents

21 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

I'm sure you know he meant Ferrari  is an Italian sports car manufacturer based in Maranello. Founded by Enzo Ferrari in 1939 as Auto Avio Costruzioni, the company built its first car in 1940.

Very fast sports car driven by a lot of Hi-so's who never are charged for killing people in traffic accidents

Really? Well u learn something everyday on TVF. ?

With signs of a struggle and a known full blown argument underway, you need to investigate this fall. Was she pushed or did she trip and fall on her own accord? Without a credible witness, I would think this would be difficult to prove either way. But without proof you just can't let him walk away without an investigation either. 

Other factors would have to be taken into consideration. How high is the railing? Is it possible for someone to trip and fall over the edge, or would they need to be lifted and pushed? If she was half naked and in the bed, what is she doing on the balcony? What type of character was her Boyfriend? Was he known to be violence in the past and on drugs or alcohol? Has there been other incidents in which she was in an argument with him and he hurt her, or threaten her life? 

To commit murder you would need a motive, and I think they would be hard pressed to find that here. Did he just lose his temper and push her, causing her to fall over the railing? Perhaps? But accidences like this causing death is still Criminal Negligence and carries a long jail term of up to +10 years. Or did she just lose her balance and trip and fall over the edge?

I guess we will never know for sure what really happened, but my money is on he pushed her. Not that he meant for her to go over the railing or tried to kill her. It is that it is just pretty difficult for a person who is sober to just fall over the railing on a balcony. If it was so easy it would happen every day.     

3 hours ago, sweatalot said:

how many Thai women have been held after their farang partner fell from the balcony?

None, because only farang men get so drunk that they can't even remain on the balcony!

Prediction:  The man will confer with his lawyer and with her family and her lawyer and some other broker or arbitration guy, military and or police.  He will admit it was an accident as they struggled and fought and she slipped out the window.  He will pay an official fine to the officials, and he will give a few million baht to her family.  He may do a month or two in jail while these arrangements are worked out.

You can never be sure......A friend and i were once sitting out on the balcony of our hotel in Pattaya having a beer or ten and there was an almighty rucus got up in the room next door, then a young Thai lady shouts "<deleted> you" and ran out and dived over the balcony, yes dived as if she was diving into a swimming pool!!! we were only three floors up and she was only knocked out, but i got the impression that the spite she had in her she would have done the same 20 floors up....completely nuts!!!, so yeah, ...you can never be sure!!!

19 hours ago, Tony125 said:

If you saw photo or read post it mentions she was found on pavement with bed clothes (sheet/blanket) with her. How many people would go out on a balcony with a blanket? Is it cold out there? More like they fought inside he  picked her up off the bed and thru her off the balcony.

Or she was getting the dry washing in from the balcony and slipped,who knows,if like his girlfriend he doesn't say anything we shall never know the truth.

19 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

With signs of a struggle and a known full blown argument underway, you need to investigate this fall. Was she pushed or did she trip and fall on her own accord? Without a credible witness, I would think this would be difficult to prove either way. But without proof you just can't let him walk away without an investigation either. 

Other factors would have to be taken into consideration. How high is the railing? Is it possible for someone to trip and fall over the edge, or would they need to be lifted and pushed? If she was half naked and in the bed, what is she doing on the balcony? What type of character was her Boyfriend? Was he known to be violence in the past and on drugs or alcohol? Has there been other incidents in which she was in an argument with him and he hurt her, or threaten her life? 

To commit murder you would need a motive, and I think they would be hard pressed to find that here. Did he just lose his temper and push her, causing her to fall over the railing? Perhaps? But accidences like this causing death is still Criminal Negligence and carries a long jail term of up to +10 years. Or did she just lose her balance and trip and fall over the edge?

I guess we will never know for sure what really happened, but my money is on he pushed her. Not that he meant for her to go over the railing or tried to kill her. It is that it is just pretty difficult for a person who is sober to just fall over the railing on a balcony. If it was so easy it would happen every day.     

Oh God, Sherlock Holmes is back.