Disney to open theme park in Thailand?

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A lot of the rollercoaster rides at Disney have height restrictions so either Thais will  not be allowed on them or Disney will have to build a normal sized ride and a 3/4 sized version of each.

Edited by Bantex

19 hours ago, ddavidovsky said:

Interesting to speculate where this might be. Japan's is on Tokyo Bay, close to Tokyo, where there is a lot of reclaimed land, and is near other resort areas, and with rail access. Hong Kong's is also on reclaimed land.

I imagine Disney is asking Thailand whether there is any square-mile reclamation project they can use, as they won't want any bad press about obliterating villages. They'll also want it as close to Bangkok as possible, but there's nothing but mud and mangroves there. I'll be surprised if this gets going, if only because there's no suitable spot for it..

Or they could demolish the dump that Pattaya is, no?

Brigante7.

1.  I'll believe it when Disney confirms it.  Wouldn't be the first time that Thais started spouting their mouths off about something only to find out that the other party seems to remember the conversation far differently.  

2.  Disney has all kinds of properties.  Obviously the most well known are the Disneyland and DisneyWorld style mega-theme parks but they have resorts, cruises, and other Disney branded ventures.  I can't see Disney building a mega-theme park in Thailand when the one in Hong Kong is so close and many Thais travel there already.  My guess would be that Disney wants to buy an island or a huge stretch of beach and build a private resort.    

Pattaya is far more family orientated than people imagine. It would fit in with government plans for the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC). Access from planned new road and rail links as well as the expanded airport at Utapao.

9 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

Would be nice to see how they will implement the necessary health and safety standards in a nation unused to such niceties. Think I will wait a year or two before risking my kids lives on any of the rides.

Depends on who the operator is Disney or Thailand. If you wait a year or two you might miss the first round of maintenance

22 hours ago, tso310 said:

Don't be stupid it will only be 4x.

It cost about $100 US Dollars (3500 baht for a day pass to Disney land in California and $75 in Hong Kong so do you ever think that Thais would pay about 10,000 baht for a family of four for all day including meals .? Also one would think that Disney would be smarter then to invest in LOS.

Edited by sanukjim

1 hour ago, sanukjim said:

It cost about $100 US Dollars (3500 baht for a day pass to Disney land in California and $75 in Hong Kong so do you ever think that Thais would pay about 10,000 baht for a family of four for all day including meals .? Also one would think that Disney would be smarter then to invest in LOS.

You no understand. Disney will only own 49%. Thai owners charge Thai family much less, cheap, cheap.

Foreigner, expat, tourist, all same. Have plenty can pay.