What age gap is acceptable?

CG1 Blue

43 minutes ago, abhaya said:

The only generalization I can comment on is that older unattractive guys usually feel very insecure and jealous about their partners if they are young and gorgeous by comparison.

The one that always gets me are the claims to be able to know what other people feel. It's almost as bad as being worried about what other people think. That and soliciting the opinion of total strangers.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the blazes  can  anyone here know what is best for you? Maybe a Pattaya beer bar bimbo is  well suited for some. Or maybe, a decent hard working independent Issan  gal is good for others, or an educated professional from Hua Hin, or a spoilt brat from one of the corrupt families of Phuket. The only one who will know will be the suitor.

What I do know based upon my own interactions is that the women (and men) who come from  the higher end of the socio demographic segment rarely select foreigners and when they do, that foreigner  is typically, a decent person  with a personality, a similar socio demographic background and a decent job. In plain language, a university professor or physician  or senior executive will not marry some heavily tattooed slob of a beer bar operator or a tubby day trader or a depressing gimp of a retiree, or an IT programmer.  

Wealthy educated and  successful Thai women are not short up on men.  They can pick and choose. Some of the women I  have met along the way, had their stable of toy boys and when they were done, settled on a boring Thai man close to their age who had a good job and education and came form a good family.   Why would any  well off successful youthful well adjusted lady want to take up with the typical older foreigner?

Hmmmmm. IMO DON'T get married. Rent and it will be cheaper in the long run. I thought I had a winner, but she played the long con on me- now I can no longer afford either to live in Thailand or rent a nice one again. Had I not got married I would have been living on a nice Thai beach with a friendly young lady for company.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hmmmmm. IMO DON'T get married. Rent and it will be cheaper in the long run. I thought I had a winner, but she played the long con on me- now I can no longer afford either to live in Thailand or rent a nice one again. Had I not got married I would have been living on a nice Thai beach with a friendly young lady for company.

Yes same here but I was lucky I see what was happening before all my money went so I still have a life here. I will say to any man be careful if marry your wives debts are your debt to

Don't get cynical and jaded here.

The most hilarious part about my hubby he told me straight up the type of girl he didn't want.  Then after that great introduction I told him I don't chase young guys, and he he replied he didn't either. 

Truly love at first sight this was. 

Started great people on here being genuine with regards to age and how they feel. Noticed the I've been robbed and they only want your money brigade are starting to surface now so there goes a decent thread again

8 hours ago, swissie said:

It depends. In the OP's case, looking for a long-term relationship, a 10 to 15 year age difference would be considerd "acceptable" in Thailand.
On the other hand, if I was to be diagnosed with terminal cancer, only young and crisby birds would be on my menu. The more the merrier. As I said, it depends on circumstances.
Cheers.

When you say young and crispy birds do you mean only eating KFC.

???

I'm not as concerned about the age difference as the "stage of life" difference.  

As a 60 year old guy who has no intention (never mind the energy) to start a family that I won't survive to see graduating from high school, it would be unfair to marry a woman who wants kids, and foolish to think she won't have them somehow.  Similar issues with marrying someone who's got a 30 year career in front of her while I'm sitting home eating bon-bons or traveling the world in retirement.  

And after the 7 minutes of sex, what the hell do we talk about for the next week while I'm recovering for the next go-round?

27 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Started great people on here being genuine with regards to age and how they feel. Noticed the I've been robbed and they only want your money brigade are starting to surface now so there goes a decent thread again

TBF , no one has claimed to have been "robbed" , just one person mentioned that he was "conned" and it seems he meant conned relationship wise .

Although the fact of separation will probably mean a reduction in the males fianaces , so, it is quite an important issue to this topic

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

I've seen  65 year old russians and brits with 22 year olds under their wings ....

so age doesn't really matter ....

why is such a young girl staying with such old farangs   ?????

Only one reason. Big financial advantage.

1 hour ago, offset said:

Yes same here but I was lucky I see what was happening before all my money went so I still have a life here. I will say to any man be careful if marry your wives debts are your debt to

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Crossy     9,152

• Crossy
  • Global Moderators
  • 23,964 posts

ID: 37  Posted 50 minutes ago · 

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

$$$$$

There you go sane max. 

35 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm not as concerned about the age difference as the "stage of life" difference.  

As a 60 year old guy who has no intention (never mind the energy) to start a family that I won't survive to see graduating from high school, it would be unfair to marry a woman who wants kids, and foolish to think she won't have them somehow.  Similar issues with marrying someone who's got a 30 year career in front of her while I'm sitting home eating bon-bons or traveling the world in retirement.  

And after the 7 minutes of sex, what the hell do we talk about for the next week while I'm recovering for the next go-round?

Speak for yourself. If you can only manage 7 mins a week. Lol. Although we have no plans to extend the family we are both of the same opinion if it happens it happens.60 nowadays is no age could easily see your child's 25 to 30th birthday.

I believe Monro ( not sure spelling) who is in the last two for President of France.....is 39 while his wife is 64.

You ask what age is "acceptable"? For me personally...." acceptability" has nothing to do with is (that varies from person to person). Compatibility is the important factor.

3 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:
  1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Crossy     9,152

• Crossy
  • Global Moderators
  • 23,964 posts

ID: 37  Posted 50 minutes ago · 

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

$$$$$

There you go sane max. 

Yes, $$$$ is the reason why young girls stay with older felangs

That isnt a con though , its a relationship agreement

10 hours ago, tonray said:

Shouldn't you be at the White House instead of posting on ThaiVisa Donald ?

There is no formula, it is whatever both parties are comfortable and can deal with. Look for happiness not formulas.

My Thai wife is 36 years younger than me and our First Baby is due in three weeks. I never expected I could be so happy at my age. My wife is either a good actor (there may be spot on Thai TV for her-as they seem short of good actors) or she is very happy.The money I used to give her has been greatly reduced due to Brexit and the pregnancy but she is still here (maybe she has nowhere else to go with her been over 8 months pregnant) and has not complained too much. Maybe time will tell but I live for the present.

12 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Speak for yourself. If you can only manage 7 mins a week. Lol. Although we have no plans to extend the family we are both of the same opinion if it happens it happens.60 nowadays is no age could easily see your child's 25 to 30th birthday.

The life style that most older felangs live in Thailand , 60 years old and the bodies almost looking forward to getting creamated

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

Some of the women I  have met along the way, had their stable of toy boys

In the interests of science and as a former, one-time, 6-month gigolo for an incredibly wealthy, and smart divorcee about 20 years my senior with her own private plane and a share in a private Caribbean island, how long did you manage to stay in your stable.

Edited by NanLaew

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, $$$$ is the reason why young girls stay with older felangs

That isnt a con though , its a relationship agreement

How come, I ain't got any money, so your thoughts in my case....?

2 minutes ago, RowdyAlpha said:

10 absolutely max if you are both serious about trying to stay together forever anything more than that make me believe love is not the number 1 intention.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There are many Thai females who have no concept what love means , Thai males also .

Relationships are about looks and providing .

Its their job and as soon as you stop paying them what they think they are worth, they will go and find a job somewhere else

11 hours ago, Pdaz said:

Get the youngest, sexiest one you can. Once she starts to age or get fat trade her in.. You only live once.

"You only live once."

You better hope that's true. Otherwise with your approach to life you might back as a cockroach or politician.

im 47 and i feel uncomfortable being out in public with a girl younger then around 27-ish.

i dated a girl of 23 when i was 43 and it felt strange in public and we  eventually broke it off for this reason.

Some guys say this age gap makes them feel younger, for me it made me feel older.

This was in the USA though. She said it turned her on, but i could not get over it.

Cant see myself getting anyone younger then late 20's now, even in thailand, so need not worry about it. i think nature steps in eventually and creeps things out if the gap becomes too big.