Is immigration open tomorrow May 1

I was told that government offices will be open, but apparently State Enterprises will not.

I have an appointment tomorrow, and they assured me they'll be there.

It might not be busy tomorrow, with many thinking they won't be open.

Edited by TerryLH

Every year someone posts a list of legal holidays on this Thai visa forum.

If you go looking for it you will see the holidays listed.

Labor Day is a Thai government holiday and immigration will be closed this year on Labor day May1st as it is every year.

Labor Day is a Thai government holiday and immigration will be closed this year on Labor day May1st as it is every year.

And yet they say they will be open! I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow.

Today, 1st May, Government Offices are OPEN.

Labour Day is not a holiday for government employees, so says my friend who works at the Ministry of Justice and has gone into work today.

• Like 1

Today, 1st May, Government Offices are OPEN.
Labour Day is not a holiday for government employees, so says my friend who works at the Ministry of Justice and has gone into work today.

As Terry said earlier, probably a great day to go to Immigration as many will be expecting it to be closed! Will be interesting to find out how busy it is.

10:50 AM Monday May 1.

I just called Division 1 in Bangkok and there was an officer who answered and told me the Office is open today.

02-141-7890 was the number I used from the website.

Edited by Ramen087

13 hours ago, offset said:

I see this somewhere else on Thai Visa but i not know if it is correct

1493348934_1-org.jpg

As for post office jomtien soi 5 not correct, As for immigration jomtien soi 5 correct. Just came from there..:)

Just now, thaitero said:

As for post office jomtien soi 5 not correct, As for immigration jomtien soi 5 correct. Just came from there..:)

did they indicate shorter than normal hours??  or is it a full day of work?  did you do a 90 day report or something similar?

Just now, Ramen087 said:

did they indicate shorter than normal hours??  or is it a full day of work?  did you do a 90 day report or something similar?

Sorry, i did not look hours. I just popped in to get extension forms for later use. It looked like today is good day to visit, not so busy

18 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Just come back from Jomtien / Pattaya, did my 90 days and was in/out in less than 1 minute!

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

As Terry said earlier, probably a great day to go to Immigration as many will be expecting it to be closed! Will be interesting to find out how busy it is.

Immigration Officers were in the majority today :-)

Oh yes immigration was definitely open today operating regular hours here in Korat anyway.  I did my 90 day report and it went as smooth as silk because there were only 2 other people there this morning when they opened.  That was the fastest it ever took me to get it done we were in and out of there within 5 minutes, probably because everyone else thought it was closed lol.  I knew they would be open I was just trying to confirm because of the holiday.  Today went really easy.  

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Closed for labor day holiday tomorrow May 1st.

Sent from my SM-T231 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Oh yes immigration was definitely open today operating regular hours here in Korat anyway.  I did my 90 day report and it went as smooth as silk because there were only 2 other people there this morning when they opened.  That was the fastest it ever took me to get it done we were in and out of there within 5 minutes, probably because everyone else thought it was closed lol.  I knew they would be open I was just trying to confirm because of the holiday.  Today went really easy.  

1 hour ago, Cloggie said:

Just come back from Jomtien / Pattaya, did my 90 days and was in/out in less than 1 minute!

Nope they were definitely open today I got my 90 day report done in 5 minutes.  

1 hour ago, Cloggie said:

So apparently not closed this year.  I think every one just assumes that it will be closed on holidays but not every holiday only the major holidays.  

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Closed for labor day holiday tomorrow May 1st.

Sent from my SM-T231 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You were wrong, that is definitely a first from what I have seen.  lol.  

21 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Very Wrong. 

I did my extension of stay today. 

If you look at the public holidays you will see that today is a Public Holiday for non Goverment. Government have their Public Holiday on  10th May

The May 10 public holiday,Wisaka Bucha Day, is for public and private. May   1  (Labour Day) is for the private sector only. govt. employees get the Royal Ploughing Ceremony Day instead. (this year, May 12.

May 1 was always considered a Communist sponsored holiday and never observed in Thailand, as in USA, for that reason.  Thailand has allowed non-official observance but government offices are not provided a holiday - but in most lists of holidays it is marked as a holiday - so very confusing.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

May 1 was always considered a Communist sponsored holiday and never observed in Thailand, as in USA, for that reason.  Thailand has allowed non-official observance but government offices are not provided a holiday - but in most lists of holidays it is marked as a holiday - so very confusing.  

Even more confusing since it is a bank holiday. 

From BOT website. https://www.bot.or.th/English/FinancialInstitutions/FIholiday/Pages/HolidayCalendar.aspx?y=2560

7.   Monday 1st May National Labour Day