Cover-up fears: no arrests yet over Mae Hong Son underage prostitutes case

webfact

People told to get bail money ready..... or money to buy themselves an alibi? 
Better make it an extra large envelope this could be going to the highest levels.
But hey, don't expect any big names to fall, wouldn't want the system to fail in any way because so many officials will be locked up!!
Thailand rotten to the core, corruption, child prostitution you name it the BIB or government officials are in on it !!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just when I thought that the special court initiated by Premier and supported by the junta will make a difference in dealing with corruption among officials in high position; my suspicion confirmed that Thailand is still Thailand where the powerful, influential and those who are correctly aligned will never ever be prosecuted. 

Just when I thought that the special court initiated by Premier and supported by the junta will make a difference in dealing with corruption among officials in high position; my suspicion confirmed that Thailand is still Thailand where the powerful, influential and those who are correctly aligned will never ever be prosecuted. 

Mate, I am presently dealing with the Army's Anti-corruption Dept who are asking me for bribe money to do their job.
Need I say more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

The PM said that every culprit will be prosecuted, when is that going to happen????

Too many big names involved, it will just be another massive cover up.

yup, business as usual, especially since the biggie brown shirts have dirt on the biggie greens, and vice versa...

and so on and so on, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseum... :saai:

28 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

exactly- as i've stated elsewhere, the big browns have dirt on the big greens and vice versa;

one of my police friends in a province a couple hours north of Bkk was even recently arrested in connection with a similar incident,

he won't face any consequences either...

6 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Up to 90 per cent of the high-ranking officers who visited or transferred to Mae Hong Son used to buy our services

No farangs in on this one then?

Farang documentaries are the worst ignator in this scheme because some senior Thai official (not to be named) said the idea of enjoying child prostitution only came to him after he saw a report of a U.S. social organization taking care of such very young victims

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Six police among suspects interviewed; reports of moves to protect ‘big names’

In the real world here did people really expect a different outcome. Full damage control is now in effect. This whole deal must be barking up the bum of some really big boys. 

9 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

exactly- as i've stated elsewhere, the big browns have dirt on the big greens and vice versa;

one of my police friends in a province a couple hours north of Bkk was even recently arrested in connection with a similar incident,

he won't face any consequences either...

Having "friends" like that here is kind of gives you a third ear to the ground. 

31 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Mate, I am presently dealing with the Army's Anti-corruption Dept who are asking me for bribe money to do their job.
Need I say more?

Yes it would be interesting if you did but we understand. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

One of the prostitutes, whose name cannot be revealed, said that in the recent years sex tours to Mae Hong Son had become very popular among the high-ranking officials who usually visit the province during winter for work and travel.

Could we classify the work part as irrelevant??

44 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Need I say more?

Army's Anti-Corruption Dept is a misnomer just like the Democratic Party. Big corruption cases splashed all over the media for days about the park, certain related high ranking general and the lavish oversea trip were conveniently ignored. Some here still believe that the junta is doing well in corruption reform. Delusional. 

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Army's Anti-Corruption Dept is a misnomer just like the Democratic Party. Big corruption cases splashed all over the media for days about the park, certain related high ranking general and the lavish oversea trip were conveniently ignored. Some here still believe that the junta is doing well in corruption reform. Delusional. 

There will be yet more believers if the junta gets to suppress the press and monitor social media and threaten posters with yea ole computer crimes act. 

40 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

yup, business as usual, especially since the biggie brown shirts have dirt on the biggie greens, and vice versa...

and so on and so on, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseum... :saai:

Is there much difference between nausea and ad nauseum. I think I am experiencing both on this topic but not quite sure. 

6 hours ago, Thechook said:

Have to get the important and connected people out of the way first, then get the warrants and round up the little people and fall guys.

They are like dogs chasing their tails on this one. The list must be so long from what some posters are saying of sex holiday's there. Its been apparently ongoing for a long time with many high rankers involved. I think they are trying to buy time to save the butts of the really big boys. There will be lots of guys taking one for the team on this one. 

"The source added that if the investigation team pursued the case thoroughly and honestly, there would be so many suspects arrested at the top level that the bureaucratic work of Mae Hong Son would face disruption."

Jut four little words in the paragraph give clear advise of how the matter should not be pursued, gives all an out.  The rug and broom have just got bigger.:wai:

Children have no legal of mental capacity to agree to sex...most likely they were  never even allowed to say "NO" .

The damage done to these kids is both profound and life long. Every defendant found guilty should be punished accordingy to the lives they have ruined. 

6 hours ago, tomwct said:

So the higher ups in Bangkok plan sex tours to Mae Hong Son That's what we did during Vietnam. Nothing has changed. I thought

the PM wanted to clean up Thailand's Image has the Sex Capital of the World. I guess they forgot to tell the Governor and School Director that this is a No No! Amazing Thailand.

They only want to clean up the Farang Sex Capital of the World image which is only the tip of the iceberg.

The seedier side of the Thai-on-Thai Sex Trade and Trafficking will be buried at any cost, although a few of the less politically protected will need to fall on their swords to divert the attention of the public - or - they just wait until the Statute of Limitation has elapsed, shrug, and go about business as usual.  

"The source added that if the investigation team pursued the case thoroughly and honestly, there would be so many suspects arrested at the top level that the bureaucratic work of Mae Hong Son would face disruption."

Jut four little words in the paragraph give clear advise of how the matter should not be pursued, gives all an out.  The rug and broom have just got bigger.:wai:

So disruption is worse than a region run by corrupt peado's in places of power!

Thainess at its best!

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

The PM said that every culprit will be prosecuted, when is that going to happen????

Too many big names involved, it will just be another massive cover up.

Is this just another opportunity for current authorities to emphasise a long-established truism of  modern Thai society:: sex slavery and abuse of women from the peasant herd is an easy way to promote "happiness"among the privileged and powerful? Is there any other way to interpret the unfolding of this sorry saga?

Just such a sick society where so many high ranking officials are obviously involved and yet those in power whilst talking a lot do bug all to physically set an example. Why? Because of the disgusting phenomenon if Thai face and a patronage system that protects anyone with money. Makes me thoroughly sick.

4 hours ago, Oishii said:

These people have committed rape of minors.  They should be in prison, not out on bail.

"First the trial and then the sentence," said the King.

"No, no, sentence first, then trial," shrieked the Queen.

Has anyone here said this 'Its a job for NCPP' that look into these types of matters. The police are investigating themselves? Like putting an alcoholic as night watchman at a brewery. You always know a little is taken off the top but don't want to prove it because he is your brother-in-law.