Mystery surrounds death of Englishman found in north-east rubber plantation

webfact

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

right ... just seems suspicious ... rich american ,  thai gf .. no credit cards found ...

what do you think ?

I think that you are talking crap as usual but that is only my opinion.

Edited by billd766

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, hottrader77 said:

1 hour ago, hottrader77 said:

it will comeback suicide as it usually does on this type of case , his wife not knowing what happened for 4 days sounds fishy maybe she was in on it , also it says he was found in a rubber plantation , then it says he was found on his bed fully clothed something fishy here probably money !! check his bank account bet its been looted 

BANGKOK: -- Police have said that they are at a loss to explain the death of a Coventry man found in a house in a rubber plantation in Bung Kan province.

Mr Checketts was found by his estranged wife Somkhit Patirupa, 45. She said they had been married for years but split up five years ago with her husband deciding to stay alone in the house.

Read the post please before commenting on it!

Edited by sambum

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

I am 72, living in rural Khampaeng Phet, a non smoker and no credit cards.

I quit smoking in 1970 and got rid of all my credit cards back in 2005.

The difference between the guy who died and me is that I am still alive, still married and still living with my wife and son.

Please tell me if my story seems fishy and try to explain why you think so.

My story is even fishier.  I am 76, have never smoked and am a non-drinker.  I too have no credit cards, am living with my Thai wife and last time I looked I too was still alive.  All very fishy!

Seriously, how sad that this poor guy died alone and was not discovered for several days.

14 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

he had so much money he couldn't afford a new passport / visa for more then 2 years

Money may have nothing to do with not having a current passport.

He may have chosen, like some who post here, to flout the laws of Thailand and not bother with a visa, so didn't renew his PP?

To suggest it was a money issue is drawing a long bow indeed.

He was no chicken, and the number of things that can go wrong with us increases exponentially with age, so 'natural causes' is entirely possible.

The TV sleuths can relax on the Chesterfield in front of the fire, Calabash in one hand, brandy balloon in the other.

Edited by F4UCorsair

11 hours ago, sambum said:

Do you even bother to read the posts properly before you start with your conspiracy theories? 

"Mystery surrounds death of Englishman found in north-east rubber plantation"

BANGKOK: -- Police have said that they are at a loss to explain the death of a  Coventry man found in a house in a rubber plantation in Bung Kan province.

Rich? American? 

What Thai girlfriend? I see no mention of a girlfriend in the article. And from another post you seemed to have found a boyfriend for the missing fictitious girlfriend:-

"his thai gf and bf cannot be contacted ...

american ... rich  ??"  

Or are you just being deliberately inflammatory in your comments? In which case it is against Forum rules:-

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.. 

sorry i mistook that article for the other one on an american ... hence being incorrect.

Seems there have been several unfortunate deaths lately it's difficult to keep up with them. Please don't get flustered or stressed on the article, life goes on.

9 hours ago, sambum said:

"Were"? I presume you mean "Where"? I got it "suddenly" from the fact that she "suddenly" decides to phone him after they've been split up for 5 years - I would have thought it a bit unusual If I'd been split up from my wife for 5 years and she DID phone me!

And how do you know if/when my imagination has run wild before? 

:cheesy:  you guys make my day ...

17 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

seems it is almost always the estranged wife or girlfriend who leads to the body being found.  wonder if the estranged wife in this case will want the guys house  now it has a ghost in it.

Yeah cos thats generally the only person that knows some of these lonely old buggers living out in the sticks.. Who else is gonna come looking for em?

where were his credit cards  ?  
this smells fishy ....  he was 60 and a non smoker ??  something not correct here

UK banks do not send credit cards to Thailand as it's deemed an unsafe location. If he hadn't been back to U.K, it would be difficult getting a renewed card. I don't have one for that exact reason.
Is that fishy????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, billd766 said:

The difference between the guy who died and me is that I am still alive, still married and still living with my wife and son.

But is your passport up to date? ?

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

sorry i mistook that article for the other one on an american ... hence being incorrect.

Seems there have been several unfortunate deaths lately it's difficult to keep up with them. Please don't get flustered or stressed on the article, life goes on.

It seems that there are an increasing number of suspicious deaths lately, but that may be down to a an increase in social media awareness sites, e.g. this Forum,  but in this particular case I think it may well be just a death.from natural causes, but that won't stop all the speculation surrounding every death that is reported on here!

I also think that the police reporting in this case is as it should be i.e. nothing suspicious.

22 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

You are paranoid, who says he ever had credit cards.

he was 60 and a non smoker ??  something not correct here. Why, ever heard of a hart disease, cancer, .....? 

His passport expired more than 2 years ago so that means no visa for at least 2 years. That is fishy.

The man himself, sounds like a bit of a loner, expired passport , no visa , overstaying deliberately is not normal.

Probably died of natural causes. RIP>

There would only be one motive for a fishy death and that would be money, we don't know anything about that , he might have had none , he survived however undetected by authorities, sounds like he kept to himself.

But is your passport up to date? [emoji4]

I still have my last 2 expired U.K. passports close at hand (along with the current one). Maybe they just didn't find the newest one possibly ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, ThailandLOS said:

British sexpat dies in his sleep in his own bed - where's the story?

Only thing I find sensational is that he was allowed to stay in the house after divorcing his Thai wife.

Two things that I find sensational in your post is,

1   That you call him a British sexpat. Did you personally know him and all about his life?

2   Why shouldn't he stay in the house after the divorce? If his ex wife was happy with that and he was happy with that, what is YOUR problem with that?

Is where he stayed anything to do with you?

4 hours ago, Artisi said:

But is your passport up to date? ?

Yes it is for another 7 years and my retirement extension is current until 23 August.

If you were to look in my bedroom you would find 5 or 6 old expired passports too.

17 hours ago, sambum said:

Yes - to me the strangest thing about this case is the fact that they had been apart for 5 years and suddenly she tries to phone him?

Maybe she phoned him every week or so -  they were married at some stage and maybe they kept in touch for some reason, like friendship, consideration etc. 

16 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Maybe she phoned him every week or so -  they were married at some stage and maybe they kept in touch for some reason, like friendship, consideration etc. 

No that can t be it, it has be fishy/suspicious you know those Thais...no one ever stays in touch with their ex its unheard of..they coudnt of had an amicable relationship...dont you read TVF no one here dies of natural causes thats only in the west..every 50, 60, 70 year old that dies was murdered  by their Thai girlfriend/wife :saai:

1 hour ago, starky said:

No that can t be it, it has be fishy/suspicious you know those Thais...no one ever stays in touch with their ex its unheard of..they coudnt of had an amicable relationship...dont you read TVF no one here dies of natural causes thats only in the west..every 50, 60, 70 year old that dies was murdered  by their Thai girlfriend/wife :saai:

Fell of the balcony with the assistance of GF or wife's "brother "

Edited by Artisi

19 hours ago, sambum said:

Yes - to me the strangest thing about this case is the fact that they had been apart for 5 years and suddenly she tries to phone him?

Probably wondering where the monthly stipend was...

On Monday, May 01, 2017 at 2:56 PM, AlexRich said:

What you're observing is the evelotionary process at work, Thai's becoming increasingly more cunning at hiding their dastardly deeds! 

I preferred the good good old days when a farang bound his feet and arms before leaping six foot onto the noose ... he thought he could fool the "Boys in Brown" ... not a chance! They know every "suicide" trick in the book! 

Even 2 fatal shots to the right hand side of the head with the weapon located a short distance away to the left hand side. 

Yep, can't fool the BIB. 

Edited by Artisi

16 hours ago, ThailandLOS said:

British sexpat dies in his sleep in his own bed - where's the story?

Only thing I find sensational is that he was allowed to stay in the house after divorcing his Thai wife.

Where do you get the sexpat slur from?

On 5/1/2017 at 0:45 PM, billd766 said:

Don't take too much notice of the replies here,I gave that up a long time ago---- I am nearly 81,my last credit card expired in 2007and had no wish to renew it here,I gave up smoking nearly 40yrs ago,but like you I am still alive (and well and happy here) and still living with my Thai wife of 10yrs,so perhaps there is something fishy about me too.

3 hours ago, Artisi said:

Maybe!

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Even 2 fatal shots to the right hand side of the head with the weapon located a short distance away to the left hand side. 

Yep, can't fool the BIB. 

Would be amusing (or perhaps not, given the topic) to list the most bizarre Thailand "farang suicide" verdicts from the BIB.