Thailand seeks help from Interpol to locate Red Bull heir “Boss”

webfact

16 minutes ago, JustNo said:

'Very close to the United States ' maybe to close for my liking, but everything else sounds real pleasant though. However every country has it's downfalls, curious to know what Panama's are ..

There really is very little sure some corruption but not like Thailand  I lived there for 2 years a long time ago and found it  nice

Electricity will be a little more . Raw food about the same as Thailand  

To tell you the truth I cannot find too much that is why I am really considering moving there . There are a lot of english speaking people and even if you do not find one who speaks english Spanish is not as hard as Thai to learn since it is latin route .

I guess there are a lot of things you can say you do or do not like but there are real benefits to being there Here in Thailand the government does what ti can to keep you on the fringe  They do not let you own a house and if you are a retiree you must bring money from outside the country to purchase and can only export the same amount of money So if there is capital gain in the future you cannot export the money 

Oh yes you  are also allowed to own real estate there and even get a loan for the property  A free standing house or Condo anywhere in the country

Remember The panama canal was built with american Money There is a strong presence still there in the canal area. Panamanians Like westerners They are the ones that gave them their country and are allies of Panama

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

There really is very little sure some corruption but not like Thailand  I lived there for 2 years a long time ago and found it  nice

Electricity will be a little more . Raw food about the same as Thailand  

To tell you the truth I cannot find too much that is why I am really considering moving there . There are a lot of english speaking people and even if you do not find one who speaks english Spanish is not as hard as Thai to learn since it is latin route .

I guess there are a lot of things you can say you do or do not like but there are real benefits to being there Here in Thailand the government does what ti can to keep you on the fringe  They do not let you own a house and if you are a retiree you must bring money from outside the country to purchase and can only export the same amount of money So if there is capital gain in the future you cannot export the money 

Oh yes you  are also allowed to own real estate there and even get a loan for the property  A free standing house or Condo anywhere in the country

Remember The panama canal was built with american Money There is a strong presence still there in the canal area. Panamanians Like westerners They are the ones that gave them their country and are allies of Panama

Is the red bull heir there? If so would you move in with him? lol Only on TV would this type of thread become an alternative retirement destination for poor people.

On May 1, 2017 at 6:05 AM, candide said:

My guess is that they all knew he was there. His arrival surely did not go unnoticed by the authorities. He probably arrived at the airport, took the VIP way, passed immigration without waiting, had a car waiting for him right in front of the arrival gate, etc...

You think he travels commercial?

1 hour ago, Prbkk said:

There is a lot to be said for a legal system that punishes those who offer/pay a "consideration" as well as those accepting it.

Very few people appreciate corruption unless it is working directly in their favor. Although when that happens most common men find a way to embrace it.

On 5/1/2017 at 2:12 PM, colinneil said:

Why seek help from Interpol??

Surely just use the D.S.I. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Oops silly me, they couldnt find him even if he was standing behind them.

I'm surprised a Thai official can find the zipper to his pants, and zip it down - in time to take a leak.

It reminds me of the time Thaksin's wife left Thailand, via Don Muang airport, two weeks after her husband was deposed.  She had about 35 of the largest suitcases money can buy, all packed to the gills.  Did anyone check her bags?  ha ha ha, of course not.

In civilized countries, they strive for justice to be blind.  In Thailand (and China / Burma / N.Korea) the authorities don't even pretend that justice is blind or objective.  That concept is scoffed at.

Edited by boomerangutang

24 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

I'm surprised a Thai official can find the zipper to his pants, and zip it down - in time to take a leak.

Than I find it hard that anybody would complain when such officials don't rule in one's favor. 

10 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Interesting they need Interpol's help when he was reportedly in BANGKOK last week! More clowns than a circus involved in this.

You realize that Interpol is nothing more than an alert system right? Interpol has zero agents.

3 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

You realize that Interpol is nothing more than an alert system right? Interpol has zero agents.

They couldn't arrest him last week because the warrant hadn't been issued, right? They had to give him a bit of notice, right?

What Thai police doesn't realize is that every hi-so person worth at least 2M USD has a second passport. He'll just use that. If they really want to catch him, then issue an international arrest warrant and Interpol will get involved.

4 hours ago, candide said:

Maybe not, you are right. But even with a private plane, his arrival could not be unnoticed by authorities.

According to today's news, he left Bangkok 2/3 days before the warrant was issued. He took his private jet  & flew to Singapore. There now BIB , just pick up the phone or send an email? Too difficult?  

It is "interesting" that any arrest was not immediately forthcoming for killing the policeman, now the statue of limitations has taken effect (or so we are told) the authorities now start to move against him (successful or otherwise) but it will be only for lesser crimes. How convenient is all this? :whistling:

Easy to throw a "commoner" mushroom picker or fish feeder into jail rather than throw someone into jail for causing culpable death! The powerful/rich/connected seem always to be protected :post-4641-1156693976: 

8 minutes ago, balo said:

Singapore ? Too close to home, next destination is Panama. 

Question  If he was in Thailand how did he get through Immigration without being noticed Are the Immigration officials so blind here they cannot see hey this is the guy they are Chasing Maybe hard to see if a brown envelope is shoved in your face

Maybe they should start with there own Customs for letting the guy out of the Country, But in reality the Government should have held him in custody. They are now only bolting the door becasue of the public outcry. again Thailand has made its self the laughing stock of the World,

I don't understand how "Face" works.It seems so important within Thai culture, and is stressed in social commentary regularly. Yet, all  this inaction dancing around outlandish reasons why this cop-killer can 't be forced to front at a court and justify his behaviour.  I can't help feeling the authorities' persistent behaviour is pouring shit all over the faces of the dead officer's family, as well as those all other members of the force and Thai citizens who happen to be ordinary, and poor and thus underprivileged.  Are you the "enemy" in the eyes of the elite if you're not well-connected? Is it open season on the impoverished all-year round?  What are the chances for ordinary Thais of ever being able to escape the poverty trap in Thai society when your hopes and prospects are overshadowed by regular lessons like the sorry saga of Boss Red Bull (and countless other examples) occurring as reminders to "know your place"?

What, Boss has gone MIA? Wow now theres a surprise...! 

Two young lads from Myanmar arrested (within a few days) held in custody - charged with Rape & Murder, sentenced to death on seemingly very flimsy evidence

A young Australian lad enjoying a holiday with his girl, terrible accident with Jet Skis, lad is arrested, then bailed (Passport confiscated) charge manslaughter

Young Thai hi-so, Drunk and high as a kite, runs down Policeaman in his Ferrari, drags poor officer 200 meters up the road then carries on home, gets the Butler to say he was driving..., gets found out for that, no arrest, no custody? no confiscation of Passport up to now no conviction - Thailand is a Joke

But a great place if you have money, lots of money!