Jump to content

What entry stamp will I get? 9 days or 30 days?


Recommended Posts

Hi,

When I left Bangkok on April 18th my Visa got not transferred into my new passport but a stamp and note only. I didn't want it to be transferred because it will expire anyway in 2 weeks so whats the point.

So my Non-Immi 0 Thai Wife Visa will expire on May 14th but arriving in Bangkok on May 5th do I get 30 days entry stamp or only 9 days with this notification in my passport? (see pictures)

I am a bit confused right now.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Lammbock

IMG_5605.JPG.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lammbock said:

This is/was not a 1 year visa but a 90 days Multi entry only. So the Visa expire on May 14th.

My worry is that I will get only 9 days of stay in Thailand.

Aha, you mean a re-entry permit.  Just don't show them it or put any number in the visa part of the arrival card and you'll get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Lammbock said:

This is/was not a 1 year visa but a 90 days Multi entry only. So the Visa expire on May 14th.

My worry is that I will get only 9 days of stay in Thailand.

Not sure what you actually have.

Do you have one year extension you got at immigration? If you have a re-entry permit you will get 9 days. You could then apply for a new extension during those 9 days.

If you ask for and get a 30 day visa exempt entry you will have to to start all over again if you have an extension.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did you have a multi entry non immigrant O visa from a Thai Consulate that expires on the 14th?  If you did and have that passport to show you can get a new 90 day entry.  If not only visa exempt entry of 30 days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Did you have a multi entry non immigrant O visa from a Thai Consulate that expires on the 14th?  If you did and have that passport to show you can get a new 90 day entry.  If not only visa exempt entry of 30 days.

I think it must be an extension as he came on 9 April and was admitted until 14 May. This is not a "standard" number of days. If I am right and there is no re-entry permit, by leaving on 18 April he cancelled the lot. Thus he will get 30 days when he returns of 5th May.

Edited by Briggsy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

I think it must be an extension as he came on 9 April and was admitted until 14 May. This is not a "standard" number of days. If I am right and there is no re-entry permit, by leaving on 18 April he cancelled the lot. Thus he will get 30 days when he returns of 5th May.

Think you are right and expect that explains the "R" after "NON" rather than being "O" which is what he says he has.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suggest you enter the country using the re-entry permit and either try to apply for the one year extension based upon marriage or a 60 day extension to visit your wife to keep your non-o visa entry valid so you apply for the extension later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Visa Agent told me that for the 1 year extension I have to show 400,000 Baht in an account for 2 month. But I can show only 1 month.

So I will ask them to get me a 60 days extension?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lammbock said:

he Visa Agent told me that for the 1 year extension I have to show 400,000 Baht in an account for 2 month. But I can show only 1 month.

So I will ask them to get me a 60 days extension?

You can get the 60 day extension to visit your wife. There no financial requirement to get it. Then you could apply for the one year extension when the 400k baht in the bank for 2 months.

In another topic I mentioned to you that you could get a income letter from your embassy using you income from working outside the country to meet 40k baht income requirement. Have you looked into doing that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ubonjoe, The income letter is not an option for me. I deposited the 400,000k last month and now have to past the time.

Are you sure I can get a 60 day extension on my current Visa? Can you link me to any information on the Web in how to apply etc?

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

you are confused, you do not have a valid visa, you have a re-entry permit valid until 14th May, issued against a yearly extension of stay based on being married.

as ubonjoe posted enter Thailand using the re-entry permit get a permission to stay stamp until 14th may, then if required obtain a 60 day visit thai wife extension at local immigration. (1,900 baht)

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Lammbock said:

ubonjoe, The income letter is not an option for me. I deposited the 400,000k last month and now have to past the time.

Are you sure I can get a 60 day extension on my current Visa? Can you link me to any information on the Web in how to apply etc?

Thanks.

Not sure why you think the income letter is not an option. Just use the 400k baht for something else.

You can apply for the 60 day extension with any type of entry. It can even be done for a visa exempt entry.

Your wife will need to be with you when you apply for the 60 day extension. You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card. You will also need proof of residence.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Visa Agent just told me that because My Re-Entry permit AND my Non-O Visa are both expire on May 14th I can not get a extension of stay but 7 days only.

Is that true?

What you mean by proof of residence? Documents from the Landlord?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Lammbock said:

The Visa Agent just told me that because My Re-Entry permit AND my Non-O Visa are both expire on May 14th I can not get a extension of stay but 7 days only.

Is that true?

What you mean by proof of residence? Documents from the Landlord?

I think you need to fire your agent. Wrong info from them. Probably not aware you can get the 60 day extension.

Same proof of residence you used to apply for the visa you have. Rental agreement and etc.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Uh oh.

 

If I'm reading this correctly, now the OP no longer has the basis to apply for a one year extension. He'll need to do the administrative upgrade to a non-O, or go outside Thailand to get one from an embassy/consulate.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is correct.

I need to wait one more month than I can proof the 400,000 baht deposit for two month on my account. 

But that's not an issue now that I have a 30 day entry stamp. Just have to wait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lammbock said:

That is correct.

I need to wait one more month than I can proof the 400,000 baht deposit for two month on my account. 

But that's not an issue now that I have a 30 day entry stamp. Just have to wait.

I do not think you understand all the requirements.

 

You should have followed the advice of @ubonjoe. By using a tourist entry to enter Thailand, you no longer have the basis for an application for a one-year extension of stay (though you can get the 60-day one). Maybe, your agent deliberately led you astray to create more work for him. Your next step, before you can get a one-year extension of stay, is one way or another to be in Thailand on a non immigrant entry. This can be done via conversion of the tourist entry or leaving Thailand and getting a single entry Non O visa from a nearby consulate. Towards the end of the 90 days that non immigrant entry will give you, you can then apply for the on-year extension.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For a 90 day visa or 1 year extension both require a deposit of 400,000 baht.  That's what the agent said.

But I could not do that and now that 90 day visa is expired. So have to start the complete process again. This time the 400k are secured in the account.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Lammbock said:

For a 90 day visa or 1 year extension both require a deposit of 400,000 baht. 

For the visa application the funds only needs  to be in the bank on the date your apply for it. Only for the extension application does it have to be in the bank for 2 months.

Not sure why you did not use the re-entry permit and then apply for the 60 day extension I suggested. That would of saved you having to apply for another visa.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A visa does not require financials - only if converting to O visa entry at immigration would that be true (and there would not be any time in bank requirement) - to obtain visa at Embassy would require proof of marriage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...