Thai father in copycat "Facebook live" murder/suicide apologizes to society

Father in copycat "Facebook live" murder/suicide apologizes to society

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A Thai father who came home from work in Bangkok after finding out his wife had left him went on Facebook to say he was going to hang his daughter and kill himself.

He had got the idea from a case that hit the news in Phuket last week when a man carried out his threat on Facebook "live", reported Sanook.

But in the latest case the husband and father was just trying to get back at his wife who had run off with another man.

The Petchabun man told police he had no intention of carrying out his threat and really loves his daughter and his wife.

Wang Pong district chief Chakrin Inim told reporters that the man's name was Wichai. Due to poverty in the family he had gone to work in Bangkok and sent money home. But when he heard that his wife had run off with another man he went home and found his daughter Kingkarn alone.

So in a stressful state he made a video that appeared to show the wife leaving home and him preparing to hang his daughter and kill himself. He then posted it on Facebook.

Police in Wang Pong called Wanchai in yesterday to talk to him. No charges were made.

Wanchai apologized to society and said he did it because he loves his daughter and his wife and wanted her to come back.

The daughter was now reportedly in the care of Wanchai's elder sister Somthawin, 41. Wanchai promised to care for his daughter in the future.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-02

18 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

That is the face of Desperate Poverty  I feel very sad for this guy and his family

Yes, when you see how poor some families are, it makes you realise how lucky you are, but how awful you feel at the same time. 

There's not a lot that offends me, but corruption by any ruling elite really makes me furious. Just a shame many people the world over don't realise how abhorrent and detrimental it is to society. Been brainwashed into thinking it's other poor people's fault. 

5 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, when you see how poor some families are, it makes you realise how lucky you are, but how awful you feel at the same time. 

There's not a lot that offends me, but corruption by any ruling elite really makes me furious. Just a shame many people the world over don't realise how abhorrent and detrimental it is to society. Been brainwashed into thinking it's other poor people's fault. 

The current regime is partly at fault here  not the poor people  I had no idea how gullible Thai people are  The cloke of totalitarianism is starting to surround them and they do nothing but accept it  It truly is sad for Thailand

Edited by realenglish1

52 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

That is the face of Desperate Poverty  I feel very sad for this guy and his family

Lesser advertisements from the two mobile phone giants probably would help.

1 hour ago, Crash999 said:

Poor girl. An absent dad and now an absent mom too as she ran off with another guy leaving her daughter alone. 

Thai woman running away with lover/kik seems to be happening all the time now, what is the reason for this trend?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

But when he heard that his wife had run off with another man he went home and found his daughter Kingkarn alone.

So in a stressful state he made a video that appeared to show the wife leaving home and him preparing to hang his daughter and kill himself. He then posted it on Facebook.

So he made a video showing his wife leaving home and got home to find she had left?

Which is it?

Can't be both.

Maybe the correct time for a Psychiatric evaluation before something really bad happen...??...

1 hour ago, bander said:

Thai woman running away with lover/kik seems to be happening all the time now, what is the reason for this trend?

The old saying is "The grass looks greener"

but I'm sure there are many others that would fit the scenario.

Try not to generalise a whole population because of the actions of a few, there is nothing standard about this.

I'm merely pointing out the truth, sorry if you don't like it..

Open your eyes to Thai 'families', i'd hazard a guess at about 60-70% ( I'm being generous ) are dysfunctional.

The norm is mum does a shoot from butt <deleted> nowhere to party somewhere and try to land farang, father normally not in the picture ( if known to mother ) and child goes from Yai to auntie to family friend and then normally back to Yai. Mum comes home at songkran but sends 1000 baht every other month.

Or something like that.

I've been here 20 years, lived all over the country and this is what I've seen, it's not a new phenomenon.

3 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

Yea. Those living in desperate poverty with smartphones doing live streams on Facebook really breaks my heart. 

There is a lot of dysfunctional families in Thailand but let's not forget there is the same in America; UK; and Australia.  the problem is that people have become more selfish and unable to sacrifice much for the good of the family . They want immediate gratification and refuse to see that they have a responsibility to their children; their spouse and society in general.

I also blame social media for refusing to regulate itself. There has to be a limit on what can be posted. Facebook Live is not a societal advance but a forum for bringing out the worst in people. It either needs to be shut down or forced to comply with regulation.

I'm merely pointing out the truth, sorry if you don't like it..

Open your eyes to Thai 'families', i'd hazard a guess at about 60-70% ( I'm being generous ) are dysfunctional.

The norm is mum does a shoot from butt nowhere to party somewhere and try to land farang, father normally not in the picture ( if known to mother ) and child goes from Yai to auntie to family friend and then normally back to Yai. Mum comes home at songkran but sends 1000 baht every other month.

Or something like that.

I've been here 20 years, lived all over the country and this is what I've seen, it's not a new phenomenon.

Been here 20 years and still have a closed mind, you must hang in the wrong circles if that is all you have seen in that time. Sure there are many families in those circumstances but you figure of 60-70% would be overly exaggerated, but your opinion is respected even without facts :)

7 hours ago, Crash999 said:

Poor girl. An absent dad and now an absent mom too as she ran off with another guy leaving her daughter alone. 

Yeah - he's "absent" because he's trying to provide for his family. This is extremely common in SE Asia ... geez, half the mothers in the Philippines seem to be working overseas because they have no other option. So let's not condemn the guy for that bit.

4 hours ago, dcnx said:

Yea. Those living in desperate poverty with smartphones doing live streams on Facebook really breaks my heart. 

Don't assume the guy is walking around with an iPhone 7. You can now get low end smartphones for close to 1000 baht. Expensive for a poor person, but not out of reach. And a smart phone would allow the father to keep in video contact with his daughter. You could be more cautious with your assumptions.... 

Amazing the quick judgements by those blessed or gifted.

Not everyone is born with intelligence or talent that makes their life easier. Not everyone is born into a family who can provide well for them and give them a head start in life. Many (the vast majority) have no advantage and must make the best of what they have. To think that there will not be a number of these folks who fail is optimistic at best. It is hubris to sit in judgement.

Many Thai families struggle in poverty. The parents are not well equipped for life. We see this a lot. However, many manage to get by without the mom resorting to chasing after a Farang sugar daddy, or the father losing his wits and doing something crazy, such as in this case. So many. You just don't read about them or hear about them. I have met many Thai women, who have been left to care for their children on their own, who work endless hours for a small wage, and sacrifice their entire life for their children. Thank God for these people, or the world would be a much more terrible place than it already is. Let's hope the man in this case was truly just misguided and had no real bad intentions, and that someone in the family can step in to ensure this for the sake of his daughter.

This has happens a few times here. I remember another case just as FB was being launched so it did not make FB. So sad people say and do this. To this day I cannot think why someone would do this to a child, even now it sends shivers down my spine when I think of the first case I can remember

Maybe should have given 2nd thought to having a baby and/or a wife that would

seemingly pick up and leave him by the flash of a iphone--scoopy-or 1000bt

We all make life choices--read a book or a comic book--study--or watch lakorn....:wai: