Arrest warrants denied in the Mae Hong Son forced prostitution ring scandal

snoop1130

Arrest warrants denied in the Mae Hong Son forced prostitution ring scandal

By The Nation

8dbacee99c31ec26dacb56d078b0eec9-sld.jpeg

A police application for arrest warrants for two policemen and one teacher in the Mae Hong Son forced prostitution ring scandal, was dismissed on Wednesday because a court said they were civil servants with known addresses and were not a flight risk.

They allegedly paid for sex services from the Mae Hong Son forced prostitution ring.

Denying the warrants, Mae Hong Son provincial court asked the police investigator to issue summonses for the three men instead, a source at the Royal Thai Police head office said.

The application for the arrest warrants was filed on Wednesday morning for a police corporal in Provincial Police Region 5, a police lieutenant colonel in the Border Patrol Police Bureau and a public school teacher.

Arrest warrant applications were filed for three other local policemen on April 29, relating to the same case. The court also dismissed the application and recommended the issuance of summonses on the same grounds.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30314130

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-5-3

2 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

...a court said they were civil servants with known addresses and were not a flight risk.

So? Where are they now?

If the Red Bull Killer was allegedly happy at home in Thailand until the 25th April, there's no telling where these far less prolific figures could be now.

And so the merry dance of justice begins. If they don't show up to court, who's going to arrest them? The police? The same police who were part of the ring? This is farcical.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I hope that if and when these people don't respond to the summonses, this judge will be asked again why he didn't issue the warrants.

I note though that as a judge he is of higher rank than those being arrested, which is the sort of station in life that I had expected to see warrants issued for.

I can't help wonder if he knows more about what has been going on and if maybe he is protecting people.

57 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

A police application for arrest warrants for two policemen and one teacher in the Mae Hong Son forced prostitution ring scandal, was dismissed on Wednesday because a court said they were civil servants with known addresses and were not a flight risk.

Call this a Justice system?

Don't make me puke.

Edited by Bluespunk

8 minutes ago, inzman said:

But the old couple picking mushrooms were jailed immediately. Pays to be a cop. 

especially  if  you can lay down under a Ferrari

Wow, this place is really a joke.

How many civil servants before have faced criminal charges and then jumped bail and/or simply disappeared out of the country because their passports hadn't been seized and no court orders prevented them. They all had known addresses too, but that certainly didn't stop them from hitting the road.

One ex-Prime Minister comes to mind. A few former government ministers. One big provincial boss. And the list goes on... In those rare instances where civil servants do actually end up facing serious criminal charges, that's exactly what they have often done.

40 minutes ago, Moonmoon said:

They have to let them run, if not how many more and higher up would get implicated? 

Ah, but if they sell their ATM cards then nothing can help them.....

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

So? Where are they now?

If the Red Bull Killer was allegedly happy at home in Thailand until the 25th April, there's no telling where these far less prolific figures could be now.

Also, having dozens of properties, businesses and being an ex-PM of Thailand didn't seem to stop Thaksin fleeing for China. Perhaps someone ought to respectfully remind the court that there are one or five hundred precedents  of civil servants  wanted on criminal charges going AWOL....

15 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"with known addresses and were not a flight risk." !! ??,

if they were looking at 10 years or more in prison, i think they would be.

regards worgeordie

So where are they going to go? you need things like money and visa's to run away abroad,i doubt that a teacher and a policeman have that sort of cash,who say's they will get anything like 10 years, civil servants,especially the police, enjoy a special sort of protection, a slap on the wrist and no more chocolate for two weeks. 

"A police application for arrest warrants for two policemen and one teacher in the Mae Hong Son forced prostitution ring scandal, was dismissed on Wednesday because a court said they were civil servants with known addresses and were not a flight risk."

Perhaps the prostitution ring goes higher than previously thought. Fleeing criminals tell no stories. 

13 hours ago, plachon said:

Also, having dozens of properties, businesses and being an ex-PM of Thailand didn't seem to stop Thaksin fleeing for China. Perhaps someone ought to respectfully remind the court that there are one or five hundred precedents  of civil servants  wanted on criminal charges going AWOL....

He either have to flee into exile or found dead in the cell by ways unimaginable. 

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"with known addresses and were not a flight risk." !! ??,

if they were looking at 10 years or more in prison, i think they would be.

regards worgeordie

Somebody please mention brown envelopes......  The suspense  is killing me.

I am not making any excuses for the justice system here but a thought had come to mind. I wondered how the police managed to find this lot in the first place and thought it possible that someone had 'infiltrated' the ring. Perhaps the court my be protecting the individual(s). Know it's a long shot, but was just wondering.

On 5/3/2017 at 5:51 PM, snoop1130 said:

a court said they were civil servants with known addresses and were not a flight risk.

Old CD had no idea just how apposite was the observation of his character, Mr. Bumble, when he described the law as a ass.