Khon Kaen woman aims sledgehammer at her BMW - then thinks better of it

Khon Kaen woman aims sledgehammer at her BMW - then thinks better of it!

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- A Khon Kaen woman furious about her unreliable BMW made as if to smash it up for reporters with a sledgehammer yesterday.

But as she wielded the tool she thought better of it - deciding to decorate the hood of her errant steed in flowerpots instead, reported Thai Rath.

Kheetaphat Saengnark, 42, from Samsoon district of the north eastern province bought her BMW X1 back in 2013.

But since then it has been nothing but trouble, she said. She stuck a sign on the door yesterday as she parked it near a BMW dealership that said: "I bought this car new and it has never had an accident. The more you repair it the worse it gets. This vehicle was manufactured incorrectly".

Now the court is set to decide about her claim for compensation on June 19th. She wants 7,270,095 baht back - the cost of the vehicle as well as time wasted and repair charges.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-05

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having gremlins in your car is very frustrating, 

she must have had serious continuing problems 

that are not solved by the dealer, 

exasperating her temper to breaking point,

good luck with your case, 

glad I don't know her  ...  I'll bet she's a hot tempered woman ,   poor farang better sleep with one eye open .... :shock1:

There's a farang sleeping with her and her Thai husband?

She paid well over twice the UK price, do Thais not realise how much they are being ripped off through import tax? There is one born every minute, and buying luxury cars is one sure way of impoverishing yourself. Thailand is Toyota land, great value for money, very reliable, and state-of-the-art service centers are in every town.

17 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

She paid well over twice the UK price, do Thais not realise how much they are being ripped off through import tax? There is one born every minute, and buying luxury cars is one sure way of impoverishing yourself. Thailand is Toyota land, great value for money, very reliable, and state-of-the-art service centers are in every town.

LOL. They are  similarly priced to Denmark, Norway or any other high taxed country. Not everyone is happy driving around in a boring Toyota. BMW has the best warranty and service provided than any other brand available. I had a Toyota, and I had a lot of trouble with it. Including gearbox malfunction. All of my BMW's has been worry free. 

44 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

People who can afford it pay it. Those who can't justify why they won't.

51 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

But a toyota can't show how rich one is. Face trups reason. Japanese cars are a much better buy here. I just couldn't pay 2 or 3 times what a car is really worth. 

30 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

So why did Europe stop bringing in BMW vehicles assembled in Thailand?

Because the steering wheel is on the wrong side? Well, maybe not for the UK..............

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

WOW !! Glad she is not my wife.

Imagine what would happen to her husband if he walked on the wet floor.

:smile: The only thing I have found more frightening than the meat cleaver flying end over end through the kitchen door towards me, is the wife running closely behind it.

3 hours ago, mortenaa said:

LOL. They are  similarly priced to Denmark, Norway or any other high taxed country. Not everyone is happy driving around in a boring Toyota. BMW has the best warranty and service provided than any other brand available. I had a Toyota, and I had a lot of trouble with it. Including gearbox malfunction. All of my BMW's has been worry free. 

Hers wasn't worry free and the service was allegedly not the best !!

7 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

I love the way Thais treat a Mercedes as a hi-so car, not knowing that they are used as humble taxis in Germany :cheesy:

I had on those BMW's and never had a problem. Having said that I always took it to BMW for servicing. If she has used a little garage then that could well be the reason she has had problems.

Alternatively, maybe she has just been unlucky with the one she bought.

7 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Ah free-trade I wonder how much rice is in Germany? Should be 300% higher next week when this story breaks

Catman20 said i think that car new here is only just over 2 million and she wants 7million plus ?

Compensation as built by a Farang maybe.

Are there any garages here who can repair a Merc or BMW the correct way, I bet the BOSS man sends his by private plane to Red Bull F1. Nice word that BULL

Edited by wakeupplease

7 hours ago, mortenaa said:

To buy a car priced at the same level as a luxury pool villa in a poor country is not a wise move. In Denmark and Norway its different as the middle class can afford it.

I have lived in different poor countries and have always bought properties and cars in each  country priced at the  middle class level - to do so you will have more potencial buyers the day you will sell and a reduced risk for  loss.

In Thailand this means a car for not more than 1,5m and a property for not more than 4m.

In 2010 I bought a 2 yr old Honda Accord 2,4 Navi top of the range for nearly half of the price in Europe. I have never had any issues, during the 6 years and 150km of ownership, the Insurance and service was cheap, you find a dealer/service point in every city and last but not least it was pretty easy to sell for a comfortable price...;)

But in cases where money is not any issue what so ever - why not a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley including a well sized sledge hammer...;)

Edited by ttrd

8 hours ago, fruitman said:

Toyota's are more reliable cars, if she can get her money back she should buy a Japanese car.

Buy a Toyota??? Do you know who she is? Do you KNOW who SHE IS?

24 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

Buy a Toyota??? Do you know who she is? Do you KNOW who SHE IS?

I doubt she is that important - are we not facing a 2013 X1...??...;)