Four killed as pickup rams into rescue workers assisting injured biker

18 hours ago, hobobo said:

Six workers = four workers killed, two injured, plus the motorcyclist = three injured...

A 500 baht fine and a week in a temple perhpas?  Oh, unless he was a foreigner, a Burmese or a mushroom picker.  (Yes we do get a bit cynical after a while.  LOS does that to you after a few hundred stories like this.)  Really very sad for the loss of lives of rescue workers and other helpers.  Can't get my head around it.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/7/2017 at 3:29 PM, colinneil said:

Tragic absolutely tragic, people going out to help others and get killed by a possible speeding driver.

Hope the pickup driver was giving the breath bag.

One thing that amazes me here, is they never seem to put up warning signals far enough back from accidents for other motorists to see.

Oh but they do. A couple of branches off a nearby tree. For the hyper alert and going slow enough to see them. Its an old Thai tradition.

Edited by Maggusoil
to finihs the sentence

The lives of so many people contributing to the community lost - just because someone forgot to set up warning signs/slow down signals 50-100 metres ahead of the accident scene.  I agree with the poster who pointed out so many dipsticks want to promote their presence with fake security red-white-blue flashing light frames on their vehicles (why? Hell knows!) that many people aren't alerted when the genuine emergency service lights are used as warnings on roadways in similar situations.  Decent fines could be  slapped on the dopey wannabes (with bold stand-out official stickers on a windscreen requiring the offender to attend a police station and prove he/she has removed the fake lights by a specified date) before the vehicle can be used on public roads again.

Yes, I know....

4 hours ago, sandemara said:

The lives of so many people contributing to the community lost - just because someone forgot to set up warning signs/slow down signals 50-100 metres ahead of the accident scene.  I agree with the poster who pointed out so many dipsticks want to promote their presence with fake security red-white-blue flashing light frames on their vehicles (why? Hell knows!) that many people aren't alerted when the genuine emergency service lights are used as warnings on roadways in similar situations.  Decent fines could be  slapped on the dopey wannabes (with bold stand-out official stickers on a windscreen requiring the offender to attend a police station and prove he/she has removed the fake lights by a specified date) before the vehicle can be used on public roads again.

Yes, I know....

Then why bother

• 2 weeks later...

If road workers in thailand  or their bosses can't figure out on their own how to improve  their approach to safety, is there anything preventing them  from viewing videos on how Western countries go about  such a procedure.    Are they hampered by the idea others may have a good suggestion?

• 1 month later...