Football Quiz.

3 minus 2

On 12/9/2019 at 9:52 PM, wilai said:

Spot on.....Wonder if he is still of that opinion after Saturday's game? Especially given that he was the nearest City player to the incident????

"...Sterling, who was close to the incident but did not intervene. It is quite possible, indeed highly probable, that Sterling did not even see the event.

Fred himself admitted after the game it was only when he watched back the video that he thought he had been racially abused. It is also worth remembering, at these moments, that Sterling is a 25-year-old young man paid to kick balls and not a one-man taskforce who must stand up to the world at every opportunity."

Can't say i saw any of the alleged racist attack at the time either; did you?

^ Sorry. As I don't stay up to watch Citeh (or Man U for that matter), I didn't see it 'at the time' But he was certainly looking at the incident on the video shown on Sky news the following day. I'm sure you'll be able to see footage when doing your regular 'trawls of the media????

5 hours ago, wilai said:

^ Sorry. As I don't stay up to watch Citeh (or Man U for that matter), I didn't see it 'at the time' But he was certainly looking at the incident on the video shown on Sky news the following day. I'm sure you'll be able to see footage when doing your regular 'trawls of the media????

Don't have time to 'trawl', some of us have to work.????

On 12/5/2019 at 10:03 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Here's another to be going on with.

The very first televised match of football by the BBC was between Arsenal and WHO at Highbury on 16 September 1937?

As nobody attempted to answer here you go. It was Arsenal vs Arsenal Reserves.

Here's another for you:

With the death of former Aston Villa manager Ron Saunders, who is now the only surviving Englishman to have led a team to the league title?

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

As nobody attempted to answer here you go. It was Arsenal vs Arsenal Reserves.

Here's another for you:

With the death of former Aston Villa manager Ron Saunders, who is now the only surviving Englishman to have led a team to the league title?

Howard Wilkinson at Leeds.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2019 at 10:08 AM, wilai said:

Two parts to this one:

a) Who, last night, became the 7th player to win the World Club Championship with two different clubs?

b) Can you name the other six?

No takers so here are the answers:

a. Shaqiri

b. Ronaldo, Danilo, Thiago, Kroos, Pato and Dida

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, wilai said:

Following their victory at Spurs' new ground, LFC have now won at 57 out of 59 Premier League stadiums since the Premiership began. Can anyone name the two where they are yet to win?

Barnsley? Swindon Town?