Hi guys, 

we are looking at building on our plot of land in Phuket and like the idea of a small cheap modular style home like this http://revolutionprecrafted.com/project/instrumental-home-by-marmol-radziner-interiors-by-kravitz-design/

I came across some in Thailand (that where manufactured in Thailand) about 6 months ago but I just can't seem to find them anymore. Does anyone know of anything similar to the link I've posted above that's done in Thailand? 

haven't seen similar in Thailand,  most here are the standard block and tile or thai knockdowns.  Your modular type is more upmarket European style or similar to modular container houses.  Google ' thai wooden houses ' for knockdowns then click on one of the pics and it will bring up dozens of houses ....  

Check FB....There was something very similar awhile back....

Flat roofed houses are not a good thing in hot weather - cheaper to build though....

Geodesic dome would be a better way to go....

6 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Check FB....There was something very similar awhile back....

Flat roofed houses are not a good thing in hot weather - cheaper to build though....

Geodesic dome would be a better way to go....

Yeah mate FB was where I saw them as well, but have had no luck finding them again. 

Why should you buy a modul, prefab house ? they are developed for large production elements, like beams, floorplates, columns and even, in the years after the 2nd world war, with complete facades. Bad quality but the latge production makes the price affordable. But, in Thailand ? for only one house ? try to find the items in the location, like sunset, a nice view, road,, etc. to give you a design thema. Prefab house ... bah !