Dog lover turns dog hater as pitbull turns on his family

webfact

4 hours ago, Prbkk said:

That is true but this guy shares some responsibility: the dog was protecting the daughter, with fierce loyalty. Clearly the dog has bonded primarily with an individual rather than all family members. There is shared fault here.

Including fault on the fathers' part to allow a little girl to be feeding a dog and especially feeding a pitbull.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Never met a Chihuahua that wasn't psychotic and constantly yapping, especially when confronted with a stranger.

Wish that people would use them for the purpose that they were bred for. 

You mean this: The Chihuahua dog breed‘s charms include his small size, outsize personality, and variety in coat types and colors. He’s all dog, fully capable of competing in dog sports such as agility and obedience, and is among the top 10 watchdogs recommended by experts. He loves nothing more than being with his people and requires a minimum of grooming and exercise.

1 minute ago, silent said:

You mean this: The Chihuahua dog breed‘s charms include his small size, outsize personality, and variety in coat types and colors. He’s all dog, fully capable of competing in dog sports such as agility and obedience, and is among the top 10 watchdogs recommended by experts. He loves nothing more than being with his people and requires a minimum of grooming and exercise.

No, I didn't mean that at all. Unless "outsize personality" is code for attacking (ha-ha) strangers and constantly yapping.

Here's a clue........you'll need a knife and fork for their original purpose.

27 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Never met a Chihuahua that wasn't psychotic and constantly yapping, especially when confronted with a stranger.

I've got a Chihuahua, and a "small brown Thai dog". Neither of them yapp constantly, although they do like to shout at the guys who deliver the drinking water!

They are clean, well behaved and quiet little dogs. We have a largish garden where they can play happily without bothering anyone.

I suppose that having clear boundaries and rules for behaviour help. We do have, and Snowball and Cookie enforce them rigorously!

3 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

No, I didn't mean that at all. Unless "outsize personality" is code for attacking (ha-ha) strangers and constantly yapping.

That's only the short haired variety :). The long hairs cause hairballs

If someone thinks that hot weather makes a dog attack people then I don't know what to say. Obviously they are not qualified to be owners of a dog, whatever breed it is. To own a dog is a commitment and takes effort to learn how to live with them, teach them and integrate them into the whole family. If you can do this, then they can be a very rewarding member of the family.

I own a Thai Bangkeaw breed.

Every dog has the potential for good or bad behavior.  An owner that does not know what they are doing will end up like this has.  There are quite a few breeds of large dog that can do damage and will do so if they are not trained and cared for properly.  I believe that most people intuitively know this yet they get a large aggressive dog as their first pet then go on to encourage it to be aggressive and never give the animal the exercise or training it requires.  Pitbull, German Shepherd, Malinois, Bouvier etc need to be with owners who have experience handling dogs and are willing to commit the time to exercise and train them.  My point, there is nothing wrong with the dog, it's 100% the fault of the owner.

3 hours ago, pentap said:

Why the hell do people keep such volatile animals as pets?

It's beyond me?

Today or yesterday, a very young girl was viciously attacked in the city of Liverpool, UK, by a dog or dogs in her own home, and seriously injured.

No matter where, all dogs are dangerous or potentially dangerous animals. Fact!

I'm a lover of animals but let's face it, dogs are not real pets. They are work animals and are dirty too., pus make a lot of noise, mess and are very Territorial, especially the smaller of the breed, and normally fight in packs. They should be kept outdoors, on a chain within a safe confined.

Too many of the bloody things are stray and roam in packs. Too many youngsters are attacked by these creatures including adults.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

31 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

You just had to come along and make sense oh where oh where is my Tylenol. We live in a status symbol world. I will see your Pit Bull and raise you 2 and that's no bull and you can take it to the bank.

Excuse me if I disagree - Pentap wasn't making any sense at all.

Dogs are no more "volatile" than humans and I'd add that humans can be equally "dangerous or potentially dangerous animals.  Fact!" :laugh:

Its not even worth getting into the rest of his post....

44 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

I wouldn't advocate owning an animal that could potentially "lose it" and maul someone to death because of an argument/confrontation with a family member..... someone shouts at you and gets mauled by your "family pet", you end up in court trying to work out how much your house is worth and negotiating compensation whilst wishing you'd never owned the monstrosity in the first place.

It's natural instinct will be to protect the owner (like most dogs - not just pitbulls) but if it's trained properly it's not just going to 'lose it' and maul someone to death. Unfortunately, 99% of dogs I've seen here receive no training at all and are just shouted at or left to roam free. Again, not the dogs fault. 

Clearly you don't like the breed and have little knowledge of them, so it's a good job that you'll never own one. But it would be better to educate yourself before you start declaring that knowledgeable, responsible people shouldn't own them. In the right hands they are funny, loyal, playful dogs - their general toughness and lack of fear actually makes them very stable personalities unlike some of smaller, fearful, snappy breeds.

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

40 minutes ago, silent said:

I too am at a loss as to KarenBravo's meaning behind "Wish that people would use them for the purpose that they were bred for."?

For some reason the poster blames the dogs, rather than the owners who allow their dogs to get away with such bad behaviour.

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I too am at a loss as to KarenBravo's meaning behind "Wish that people would use them for the purpose that they were bred for."?

See post #33, then, if you still don't understand, use Google.

Edited by KarenBravo

46 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

For some reason the poster blames the dogs, rather than the owners who allow their dogs to get away with such bad behaviour.

1 minute ago, KarenBravo said:

See post #33, then, if you still don't understand, use Google.

Now it makes sense - you think the dogs you don't like should be either culled (as per another thread) or eaten.

I'm very sorry that you're clearly lacking in either empathy or understanding, whilst realising that its all too common - as proven in various threads. :sad:

I have nothing against well trained dogs that are kept on a leash whilst in public spaces.

You really need to re-read my posts. I believe that stray dogs should be culled, not dogs I "don't like".

Anyone who has been in Phuket for any length of time will know that the sterilization program has failed miserably, with more strays than ever before. These strays carry disease, crap everywhere and harass pet dogs that are on a leash being taken for a walk. Worse are the accidents they cause when they dash out into the road. A single human life isn't worth all the lives of all the dogs on Phuket. Culling used to work in Phuket when they did it in times past, especially when they did one every year.

I don't dislike dogs, I'm neutral about them. At least they don't kill too much of the indigenous wild-life.....not like cats (I really dislike them).

Seems dog-owners are just like parents. They expect everyone else to see what a lovely baby/dog they have and expect everyone to feel the same way.

Edited by KarenBravo

5 hours ago, pentap said:

Why the hell do people keep such volatile animals as pets?

It's beyond me?

Today or yesterday, a very young girl was viciously attacked in the city of Liverpool, UK, by a dog or dogs in her own home, and seriously injured.

No matter where, all dogs are dangerous or potentially dangerous animals. Fact!

I'm a lover of animals but let's face it, dogs are not real pets. They are work animals and are dirty too., pus make a lot of noise, mess and are very Territorial, especially the smaller of the breed, and normally fight in packs. They should be kept outdoors, on a chain within a safe confined.

Too many of the bloody things are stray and roam in packs. Too many youngsters are attacked by these creatures including adults.
Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Don't disagree with comments, stray problem here, etc.  But I would suggest keeping a dog chained to a tree, which I've seen here quite a bit, is not a good strategy.

Edited by 55Jay

19 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

I have nothing against well trained dogs that are kept on a leash whilst in public spaces.

You really need to re-read my posts. I believe that stray dogs should be culled, not dogs I "don't like".

Anyone who has been in Phuket for any length of time will know that the sterilization program has failed miserably, with more strays than ever before. These strays carry disease, crap everywhere and harass pet dogs that are on a leash being taken for a walk. Worse are the accidents they cause when they dash out into the road. A single human life isn't worth all the lives of all the dogs on Phuket. Culling used to work in Phuket when they did it in times past, especially when they did one every year.

I don't dislike dogs, I'm neutral about them. At least they don't kill too much of the indigenous wild-life.....not like cats (I really dislike them).

Seems dog-owners are just like parents. They expect everyone else to see what a lovely baby/dog they have and expect everyone to feel the same way.

Well so far we know you think soi dogs should be killed and Chihuahuas' eaten - but its nothing to do with dogs you don't like....

Take your argument about soi dogs on Phuket to the relevant thread on that forum.

We will have to agree to disagree that "A single human life isn't worth all the lives of all the dogs on Phuket".  Which brings me back to lack of empathy and understanding.

I 'get' your point of view (even though its beyond my understanding or empathy levels).  You're far from alone in believing that humans aren't animals at all - we're superior beings and anything that annoys us should be eradicated.

Errrm....stating that I believe human life is more valuable than canine lives is empathy. With humans, not dogs.

As you don't agree with that statement, I presume that you WOULD  sacrifice a human being for the lives of dogs; and you call that empathy?

My statement about the eating of Chihuahuas was tongue-in-cheek, or, did that fly over your head? Even if I meant it literally, I wouldn't be alone (what about the original breeders in Mexico?).

Think about it....if they didn't breed these dogs for eating, they wouldn't exist at all.

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

It's natural instinct will be to protect the owner (like most dogs - not just pitbulls) but if it's trained properly it's not just going to 'lose it' and maul someone to death. Unfortunately, 99% of dogs I've seen here receive no training at all and are just shouted at or left to roam free. Again, not the dogs fault. 

Clearly you don't like the breed and have little knowledge of them, so it's a good job that you'll never own one. But it would be better to educate yourself before you start declaring that knowledgeable, responsible people shouldn't own them. In the right hands they are funny, loyal, playful dogs - their general toughness and lack of fear actually makes them very stable personalities unlike some of smaller, fearful, snappy breeds.

Whatever, but a dog that can be so dangerous if it "falls in the wrong hands" should be banned anyway, I feel the same about assault rifles being sold in Walmart too.

5 hours ago, vogie said:

With a name like Euro things were always going to be bad, should have called it Rexit.

555 ; the name of this one is..........................Hitler :cheesy:; belongs to some people in our family 

21428537192_9f487282b9_b.jpg

Edited by Assurancetourix

11 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Well so far we know you think soi dogs should be killed and Chihuahuas' eaten - but its nothing to do with dogs you don't like....

Take your argument about soi dogs on Phuket to the relevant thread on that forum.

We will have to agree to disagree that "A single human life isn't worth all the lives of all the dogs on Phuket".  Which brings me back to lack of empathy and understanding.

I 'get' your point of view (even though its beyond my understanding or empathy levels).  You're far from alone in believing that humans aren't animals at all - we're superior beings and anything that annoys us should be eradicated.

2 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Errrm....stating that I believe human life is more valuable than canine lives is empathy. With humans, not dogs.

As you don't agree with that statement, I presume that you WOULD  sacrifice a human being for the lives of dogs; and you call that empathy?

My statement about the eating of Chihuahuas was tongue-in-cheek, or, did that fly over your head? Even if I meant it literally, I wouldn't be alone (what about the original breeders in Mexico?).

Think about it....if they didn't breed these dogs for eating, they wouldn't exist at all.

I understand as the majority of the human race believe that humans aren't animals, we're superior beings and therefore everything that annoys us or gets in our way, needs to be eradicated or at least controlled.

Not worth commenting on your twisting my post/strawman argument that I'd "sacrifice a human being for the lives of dogs"...  Can't begin to tell you how much I hate differences of opinion being twisted this way, but yes - if someone was about to kill my dog, I'd attack them and do anything to stop them.

Just now, KarenBravo said:

Yada, yada, yada.

I'm bored now.......

Always a good ploy when unable to answer....

But to be fair, I get bored too - although mostly when the points raised are not worthy of a response, as per your last comment on the thread about soi dogs on the Phuket News forum.

Edited by dick dasterdly

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

Always a good ploy when unable to answer....

But to be fair, I get bored too - although mostly when the points raised are not worthy of a response, as per your last comment on the thread about soi dogs on the Phuket News forum.

You want an answer?

Twisting your words? No....just using logic.

If you don't agree with my statement that that all the lives of all the dogs in Phuket are not worth a single human life, then logically you WOULD sacrifice a human life for all the lives of all the dogs in Phuket. Do you follow that?

A position that I find puzzling (to put it politely).

Now.......I'm sure other posters are tired and bored with this conversation between us (just like me). Beer o'clock now, off for a cold one with maybe steak and chips.

7 hours ago, Prbkk said:

That is true but this guy shares some responsibility: the dog was protecting the daughter, with fierce loyalty. Clearly the dog has bonded primarily with an individual rather than all family members. There is shared fault here.

The OP says the girl fed the dog from when they first had him as a pup. She was the one who probably gave him the most fuss and attention too.

The nature of dogs is to protect their family and home environment. The OP doesn't say how bad the argument was, but if very heated, the dog possible felt the girl was threatened and he would try to protect her.

The father should have decided on spaying the dog if not breeding too.

If you are going to buy any pet, do some research on the animal, breed, first and take responsibility.

25 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

555 ; the name of this one is..........................Hitler :cheesy:; belongs to some people in our family 

21428537192_9f487282b9_b.jpg

Haha, So he fled to Thailand not South America. Cunning desguise.

28 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Whatever, but a dog that can be so dangerous if it "falls in the wrong hands" should be banned anyway, I feel the same about assault rifles being sold in Walmart too.

The problem with that approach, i.e. ban everything that someone bad might use, is it doesn't work. Bad people will be, well, bad. And depriving all the other people who aren't bad of things is totally unfair.

But we could ban vehicles. That would stop those ISIS nutters using them. And knives. Yeah, ban everything!

Oh, and who decides what's and who's bad btw? You?