Facebook down for users in Thailand

webfact

Facebook down for users in Thailand

BY STAFF WRITER

facebook-logo-650x336.jpg

Facebook is currently inaccessible for users in Thailand.

The site went offline at around 8.25am.

Users trying to access the site from a desktop were met with an error message.

FB.png

Full story: http://tech.thaivisa.com/facebook-down-for-users-in-thailand/21496/ 

tt.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Tech 2017-05-09

1 hour ago, Prbkk said:

What a pity. I was looking forward to the groaning,weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth. Muchly.

Actually, I think it would be very good for Thailand if it was blocked, along with LINE. I don't believe the junta would be able to handle the public reaction and it could mark the beginning of the end for the current regime and the puppet master. 

UPDATE: Facebook back online after global outage

BY JONATHAN FAIRFIELD 

facebook-logo-600x336.jpg

Facebook suffered major technical issues on Tuesday which resulted in the platform being inaccessible to millions of users around the world.

Users in Thailand who were among the first to report problems in accessing the site from both desktop and the Facebook app were met with an error message that looked like this:

FB1.png

The website Downdetector, which monitors user generated web data to establish if a website is down, confirmed that Facebook was experiencing problems.

However, it wasn’t only in Thailand where users were unable to access the popular social media platform.

The problem also affected users throughout the Asia Pacific region, including Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia and India.

Full story: http://tech.thaivisa.com/update-facebook-back-online-after-global-outage/21515/

tt.jpg

37 minutes ago, webfact said:

UPDATE: Facebook back online after global outage

BY JONATHAN FAIRFIELD 

facebook-logo-600x336.jpg

Facebook suffered major technical issues on Tuesday which resulted in the platform being inaccessible to millions of users around the world.

Users in Thailand who were among the first to report problems in accessing the site from both desktop and the Facebook app were met with an error message that looked like this:

FB1.png

The website Downdetector, which monitors user generated web data to establish if a website is down, confirmed that Facebook was experiencing problems.

However, it wasn’t only in Thailand where users were unable to access the popular social media platform.

The problem also affected users throughout the Asia Pacific region, including Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia and India.

Full story: http://tech.thaivisa.com/update-facebook-back-online-after-global-outage/21515/

tt.jpg

Globally down, upon request of influential leading authorities of a certain Southeast Asian country, that must not be named :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• 5 weeks later...

Happens a lot in most country's when the server gets too many calls for service, not a problem try again in a few mins

The one to worry about is one that says you are not allowed to view this website, I am told there are many signs like this on websites in this neck of the woods, I wonder if that is true?. (joke)