UK Drugs Baron arrested by Thai cops on Samui

webfact

1 hour ago, phycokiller said:

it did hit the streets, its widely available all round the world. if they actually legalized it it wouldnt be cut with all sorts of stuff that is toxic and no doubt causes many of the deaths and people could openly seek help for their addictions, and they wouldnt have to do runners from the police with illegal guns

The cocaine that we're talking about DIDN'T hit the streets - that's the point of the post, but if you want to make a crusade about legalising pure cocaine you're fighting an uphill battle my friend - an impossible dream for you, perhaps. 

I have little sympathy for drug addicts - cliches coming up  "No one forced them to stick a needle in their arms", "Sorry pal - no grass left - why not try some of this?" and when they commit the crimes to fuel their addictions, I am afraid I am not one of the "They don't need punished, they need help" brigade.

However, this is in serious danger of going off topic - which is that a drug dealer got busted before he could make a load of money out of putting what appears to be a substantial amount of Class A drugs on the street, so a job well done in my opinion.

Edited by sambum
Change of wording

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, sambum said:

and when they commit the crimes to fuel their addictions, I am afraid I am not one of the "They don't need punished, they need help" brigade.

It happens all too often unfortunately ........ people you would think are decent people completely change and not for the better :sad:

14 hours ago, sambum said:

The cocaine that we're talking about DIDN'T hit the streets - that's the point of the post, but if you want to make a crusade about legalising pure cocaine you're fighting an uphill battle my friend - an impossible dream for you, perhaps. 

I have little sympathy for drug addicts - cliches coming up  "No one forced them to stick a needle in their arms", "Sorry pal - no grass left - why not try some of this?" and when they commit the crimes to fuel their addictions, I am afraid I am not one of the "They don't need punished, they need help" brigade.

However, this is in serious danger of going off topic - which is that a drug dealer got busted before he could make a load of money out of putting what appears to be a substantial amount of Class A drugs on the street, so a job well done in my opinion.

it not an impossible dream because in essence its already happened.  drugs are bought and sold on the internet these days and sent through the post and its unstoppable, so like it or not thats the reality that has to be dealt with. one street dealer arrested isnt going to do anything except excite a few people on internet forums

2 hours ago, phycokiller said:

it not an impossible dream because in essence its already happened.  drugs are bought and sold on the internet these days and sent through the post and its unstoppable, so like it or not thats the reality that has to be dealt with. one street dealer arrested isnt going to do anything except excite a few people on internet forums

"drugs are bought and sold on the internet" Legally? 

Think I read of one or two cases where people had been arrested for doing just that?

Edited by sambum

"drugs are bought and sold on the internet" Legally? 

Think I read of one or two cases where people had been arrested for doing just that?

not legally but its a billion dollar business, a very small percentage are caught

8 minutes ago, phycokiller said:

not legally but its a billion dollar business, a very small percentage are caught

15 minutes ago, phycokiller said:

You have unwittingly agreed with my point by saying that it is an illegal trade. My point was  "if you want to make a crusade about legalising pure cocaine you're fighting an uphill battle my friend - an impossible dream for you, perhaps". Yet  you are saying that it has already happened? Rubbish, it's an illegal trade, just like lots of others, and any government seeking to legalise an addictive Class A drug like cocaine would be bounced out of office quicker than a rat going up a drainpipe!

(And before you mention it, cannabis smoking is a different ball game!)

29 minutes ago, sambum said:

You have unwittingly agreed with my point by saying that it is an illegal trade. My point was  "if you want to make a crusade about legalising pure cocaine you're fighting an uphill battle my friend - an impossible dream for you, perhaps". Yet  you are saying that it has already happened? Rubbish, it's an illegal trade, just like lots of others, and any government seeking to legalise an addictive Class A drug like cocaine would be bounced out of office quicker than a rat going up a drainpipe!

its illegal but its a law that cant be policed so in effect it might as well be legal and governments are coming round to realizing that their laws dont work and they are better off dealing with addiction. for example in Thailand they are talking seriously about decriminalizing yaba

10 minutes ago, phycokiller said:

its illegal but its a law that cant be policed so in effect it might as well be legal and governments are coming round to realizing that their laws dont work and they are better off dealing with addiction. for example in Thailand they are talking seriously about decriminalizing yaba

They're also  "talking seriously" about getting rid of corruption! :cheesy:

I'm sorry, but I just can't take you seriously any more! :mfr_closed1:

12 hours ago, sambum said:

There are a couple of places where it is legal, and more where it is decriminalized.

On 5/9/2017 at 6:30 PM, Kabula said:

Another low life off to prison and more people saved from his toxic chemicals that ruins many lives.

Now if only Cigarettes and Alcohol could be made Illegal, Millions upon Millions of peoples lives would improve, but I know it won't happen, too much Tax money is being made.

Government controlled and Taxed drugs are ok, no matter how many people die and suffer from them, they are taxed, therefore legal and socially acceptable.

Future Generations will probably look at 2017 Laws that exist to demonize drugs, yet tax Alcohol and tobacco that are responsible for the deaths of Millions and shake their heads in disbelief at how backward we were in the old days.

10 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

There are a couple of places where it is legal, and more where it is decriminalized.

It would be helpful to the topic to "name names" not just generalise.

It would be helpful to the topic to "name names" not just generalise.

Thought it might be useful to highlight the importance of research - the information is readily available with a quick google.

Colombia, Mexico, Peru in the former category. Brazil, Portugal, Switzerland, Uruguay in the latter.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

2 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

Thought it might be useful to highlight the importance of research - the information is readily available with a quick google.

Colombia, Mexico, Peru in the former category. Brazil, Portugal, Switzerland, Uruguay in the latter.

Thanks for the info - my apologies, and I stand corrected!