Mae Hong Song district official who accused ex-governor of involvement in child-prostitution ring faces transfer

webfact

Mae Hong Song district official who accused ex-governor of involvement in child-prostitution ring faces transfer
By The Nation

bfae8f4045a3bb5fcec31d3c110d94ad.jpeg

Boonyarit Nippawanij, a deputy district chief of Mae Sa Riang in Mae Hong Son, faces transfer himself.

MAE HONG SON: -- The acting governor of Mae Hong Son province has sought the transfer of a local deputy district chief who has been pushing hard for a transparent probe against former governor Suebsak Iamwichan. 

Boonyarit Nippawanij, a deputy district chief of Mae Sa Riang in Mae Hong Son, had recently told media that an alleged victim had identified Suebsak as a child-prostitute customer. In the wake of the scandal, Suebsak had been removed from the Mae Hong Son governor’s post. He has denied any wrongdoing. 

Suebsak’s successor, acting governor Permsak Chaweewan, has now asked relevant authorities to transfer Boonyarit too. The acting governor has claimed that several local groups are unhappy with Boonyarit’s recent moves and hence he should be transferred in the interests of his own safety.

Boonyarit said even if he was transferred, he would continue to fight guilty officials.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30314785

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-10

why is there a photo of Manuel Noriega in this story?

anyway, a brave man to stand up against a entire system...

Weird to think there could be a school full of 14 year old girls all raped by high ranking officials.

and all the girls who are older women now who never told their stories.

Seems they are not interested in truth.

They prefer to muzzle those who come forward in the interest of the people.

They should congratulate him for making ill behaviour of the "big guys" public.

Truth is not appreciated here.

I know someone else who should be transferred, but for doing the wrong thing  (not for his protection)

and probably protecting criminals

Is the new governor involved, too?

Edited by sweatalot

Anyone remembers the Ying Gai case last year, where she forced girls into prostitution last year?

This was the guy who help in the investigation in Mae Hong Son last year. 

Such a shame, good guys cant even do their jobs.

I hope this guy is transferred to a place where he wants to go.  I have been to Mae Hong Son and although it looks nic enough scenery

wise, I seen the corruption first hand when I was there. It was disgusting and I have no plans to visit this city again.

It felt tainted, after what I witnessed.  I like the white temple near Chiang Rai better and felt that it is a place where I will return

again.

Geezer

What are the real messages sent to ordinary Thai citizens as a result of media coverage of this scandalous aspect of the privileged high life  officials still enjoy at the expense of taxpayers?  The final outcome will underline how important it is for the little fish - low-ranked nobodies - should keep their eyes down and mouths shut if they want to avoid a good head-kicking. Another wonderful example of the dynamics of Thai democracy at work.