Do you think life is fair or not

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

Probably enjoy a long, healthy life as well? Looking at the other headline news from Metro, looks like a rag, not sure if I'd believe everything I read there.

Edited by giddyup

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

and who was it that started this toing and froing?

YOU! you came back with how you were not interested in being educated as to who he was. But had someone told you on the screen,  then you would have known more now than then.Are you against learning about historic characters and what effect they had on their countries. Do you live in oblivion of how the world was changed by people that danced on the global stage? You say that you are only interested in American and Irish History. I lived in the southern states for years,  and the places i went, all had markers depicting what happened there, what battles were fought, whose Southern Battalions fought what Northern Battalions. I lived in Georgia, and the city, Atlanta still has the old town (that Sherman didn't burn, and the modern that was built after he did)

What about Cuba? Are you familiar with Fidel Castro? The invasion of the Spanish into South America. Are you aware that Columbus did not find the USA.It was a guy called Amerigo Fitsputi (Spelling) Columbus only found the Islands, and he was never permitted to visit the mainland.

I dont know if you have kids, but please, please, dont deny them learning history, just because you are not interested in it. I hope this answers your question.

4 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

So much of this post made me join in laughing!

Your dogs only take over 60% of the bed??  I'm so envious as I'm frequently (half) woken up by being in a contorted position/hanging half out of the bed/a dog nudging me to lift up the 'cover' for them to get underneath/wanting to go out for a pee!

Additionally I couldn't agree more about watching a film when the political broadcast cuts in (guaranteed to annoy) especially as the programme provider knows this is going to happen.  But instead of organising films around it (or even re-starting at the point where the film was interrupted) , they have chosen to let viewers miss that 20 mins of the film!

Anyway (back on topic :laugh:) - we all know life isn't fair, and so there is no reason to believe in a kind, loving god.

This is why, i  surreptitiously sneak off, once in a blue moon to the city for a game of pool and a few beers with expats who speak my language. I get to stay in hotel room, where i can fall into bed with no other company, doggy or otherwise. I can sleep in the 'star fish position, and smoke a couple of cigs, drink my half bottle of   whisky that i have bought in the seven. Have an undisturbed shower, without dogs scratching at the door, or listening to my 'current' wife screeching out her version of "Riving da lida voca" I enjoy the ride back to the village in a bus that is painted like gypsies caravan and is pre WW2, and the driver must be all of 80.

Life can be fair.:wai:

12 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

YOU! you came back with how you were not interested in being educated as to who he was. But had someone told you on the screen,  then you would have known more now than then.Are you against learning about historic characters and what effect they had on their countries. Do you live in oblivion of how the world was changed by people that danced on the global stage? You say that you are only interested in American and Irish History. I lived in the southern states for years,  and the places i went, all had markers depicting what happened there, what battles were fought, whose Southern Battalions fought what Northern Battalions. I lived in Georgia, and the city, Atlanta still has the old town (that Sherman didn't burn, and the modern that was built after he did)

What about Cuba? Are you familiar with Fidel Castro? The invasion of the Spanish into South America. Are you aware that Columbus did not find the USA.It was a guy called Amerigo Fitsputi (Spelling) Columbus only found the Islands, and he was never permitted to visit the mainland.

I dont know if you have kids, but please, please, dont deny them learning history, just because you are not interested in it. I hope this answers your question.

Good post, I read it through with interest, I was answering it when my computer went blank, I don't feel like doing all that printing again in case there is a repeat, which has happened a few times in Thaivisa, but as I said, good post.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Good post, I read it through with interest, I was answering it when my computer went blank, I don't feel like doing all that printing again in case there is a repeat, which has happened a few times in Thaivisa, but as I said, good post.

Thank you, and i hope we can converse again on other things. I have always read your posts over time. I always felt that they were a contribution, to the topic of the time.

Regards KKD:jap:

On 5/11/2017 at 3:25 PM, giddyup said:

Not a troll, your reply was given from a position of privilege with no thought as to how tough some people have it. We weren't just discussing Thailand, the subject is "Do you think life is fair or not"? So how does a child born into poverty with no education make their life better?

Used to be they joined the army, but nowadays you have to be qualified to be allowed to be a government killer, so probably crime.

2 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

Actually a documentary was done around the world including one of the filthiest slums in Calcutta, since you brought it up, and it was found that the people there were among the happiest people on earth.  

http://www.thehappiestmanintheworld.com/happy-documentary/

From life long observation poor people that have somewhere to live and enough food are happier than rich people.

Thais were far happier before Thailand became wealthy. The smile disappeared then.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

From life long observation poor people that have somewhere to live and enough food are happier than rich people.

Thais were far happier before Thailand became wealthy. The smile disappeared then.

Well said. Probably coz getting and staying happy is their priority, instead of getting more stuff to show people how happy they must be. 

1 hour ago, Bikeman93 said:

I thought life was fair until today when I found Chang beer has gone from 6.5 to 5% alcohol. Now I have become an atheist.

Was 6.4% then 6% then 5.5% update it's now 5.2%. :biggrin:

22 hours ago, kannot said:

when people "believe" something without a shred of evidence such as Geoffrey the peanut,   base their whole life around it, will  kill you for it, you realise without any evidence what a ferked up world it is.

Id  say the last person who needs counselling is me and the first is anyone who believes something without evidence ,making the majority of the world in need of counselling for the stupidity of "belief" based on "nothing"

lol. Did  I say I  believe in anything  without evidence.

Incidentally I  do not  believe  in any  religion.

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Fully. Used to live on the mainland in a small village and it changed me.

16 hours ago, Farang hunter said:

Life is not perfect but it is wonderful 

Amen to that. It is, indeed, what you make it

My life now, is nothing like i imagined it would be, when i was 12 years old, and even more so when i was 20

I have greeted happiness and sadness as old friends

When i walk out on to the patio in the mornings here, i can hear my mum saying " Thailand? That's thousands of miles away. Are you sure David? They are heathens over there" and she's been dead for 25 years. Now my life has reached a Mobius loop. Fair? Yes and no. But at least it's consistent. I don't want to change it.

If i was to sit and contemplate the fairness and unfairness of my life, i would be a very sad case indeed. I like waiting to see what it has instore for me next

• 1 month later...