Video: Bikers go online to ask the court of social media to make up their mind!

webfact

Video: Bikers go online to ask the court of social media to make up their mind!

2pm.jpg

Picture Thai Rath

KANCHANABURI: -- A group of Yamaha bikers have posted accident footage on Facebook asking members of the public to make up their mind about an accident that injured 5 people.

The video shows a pick-up coming onto a main road in Kanchanaburi. Soon a collision occurs that sends three bikes cartwheeling in a heap into the central reservation.

Three riders and two passengers ended up in the hospital after the accident near the Wan Saraphee intersection in the eastern Thai province on Tuesday afternoon.

All three were riding Yamaha R 15 bikes that are 150cc vehicles.

The footage was posted by one of the riders called Waraphong Khunsrijaturong. He was in no doubt who was to blame when Thai Rath caught up with him.

He blames the pick-up driver but he told Thai Rath that the driver has refused to accept that he was in the wrong and has further refused to pay any of the group's hospital bills. Hence the request for moral support from netizens.

The matter is now going to a real court for a decision as to who was to blame.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-12

ok I will have a stab at this one

The driver of the truck was blindfolded .......................................or might have had his/her face buried in a social media app or might have been "blind" dunk, one thing I am 100% sure about - he/she might have been sitting in the driver seat but was not attempting to drive.

I say huge fine and maybe even jail

The driver of the car is obviously unaware that you are supposed to keep your eyes on the road while driving.

Possibly too busy rearranging the statues on the dashboard, but he is at fault for sure.

Truck driver cut up the bikers BUT the lead biker had ample time to adjust/slow down/swerve etc.

For a country that has so many motorcycles, the lack of knowledge about how to control a bike is staggering.  I have seen motorbike taxi riders who clearly have no idea about how to use counter steering.

There could be more to this. I wonder if these bikes didn't cross the vacant land between the two roads. It seems as if they are trying to cross the road (to the right) from the left hand side to the right side. If they crossed from the road on the left over the vacant land on to the right hand road they could have blind sided the vehicle driver. It also seems as if they were going very slowly at they are pointed to the right side of the road which let me to believe that both parties are wrong. The bikers crossed the road illegally and the driver didn't look.

Looks like the car is entering the main road.. and the bikes were already on the main road.. (the video is not real clear).. If that is the case then the car is even more so in the wrong. This car driver is 100% guilty. 

First question, is the road dual carriageway? If so the car is going against the flow and it appears that the bikers were veering over to the right to pass him/her. Unfortunately the car did the same thing. But in my opinion, in the wrong whatever.

Pick up is to blame! Bloody idiot..

Last week I was almost wiped out by a pickup, over taking, as usual, driving like a maniac. I was narrowing missed but the bike be hide me was hit. I'm not sure if the rider survived?

For years ago, I was run of high way 24 near Prasat, Buri Ram, by a pickup. Hit and run. As always.

My bike was totalled, I ended up in hospital and the Police did nothing! All talk and no action!

All costs, I had to foot, plus the insurance would not pay up, and wait for it, the insurance would not pay because I was a foreigner in control of a Thai registered bike! Have you ever heard such BS!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Sadly, this is just another case of a blind left turn in Thailand.  For some reason, Thais never look to the right before turning left or crossing the road.  The only time I ever had an accident was for the very same reason.  Fortunately, I hit the brakes in time to minimize any damage!  Everybody walked away with no injuries.

Most Thais just rely on karma when they make a left turn!

Please don't get mad, it is just my opinion!!!:smile:

35 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

Don't know, I can't see the stupidity for all the dust. 150cc? Even my pushbike has more power.

Stupidity yes, but what has power got to do with it ? even a Honda Click can do 110kph

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Looks like the car is entering the main road.. and the bikes were already on the main road.. (the video is not real clear).. If that is the case then the car is even more so in the wrong. This car driver is 100% guilty. 

He came onto the main road but not into the inside lane as he should have done- headed straight for the Somchai (fast) lane.

Pick up driver entered a road without giving way to the right. The motorcycle riders attempted to change lanes to avoid collision. But the pickup driver was going straight to the far lane, hence the accident. The bikes had nowhere to go.

In a normal country the pickup driver would be in the wrong 100%. But here in Thailand no one gives way to motorcycles especially if they are in a motor vehicle. Just another inconsiderate <deleted>, without any consideration to other road users. Normal Thai attitude I am afraid, mine is bigger than yours.

5 hours ago, teatree said:

Truck driver cut up the bikers BUT the lead biker had ample time to adjust/slow down/swerve etc.

For a country that has so many motorcycles, the lack of knowledge about how to control a bike is staggering.  I have seen motorbike taxi riders who clearly have no idea about how to use counter steering.

Just how do you come to that judgement? The bikes were riding too tightly for sure. It is not possible to see if the lead bike was partially blocked the the bike to its right. The bikes did move right as the driver waltzed in to the outside lane and cut them up. He pushed further and further right as they moved to avoid them.

5 hours ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

There could be more to this. I wonder if these bikes didn't cross the vacant land between the two roads. It seems as if they are trying to cross the road (to the right) from the left hand side to the right side. If they crossed from the road on the left over the vacant land on to the right hand road they could have blind sided the vehicle driver. It also seems as if they were going very slowly at they are pointed to the right side of the road which let me to believe that both parties are wrong. The bikers crossed the road illegally and the driver didn't look.

What on earth are you talking about? Keep wandering, and while you are at it, keep your ifs, they make no sense and are irrelevant. The riders were on the road in the inside lane moving right to avoid a car that pulled out in front of them and then continued to move right until they had no where to go.

Riding in too tight a pack is foolish, but it is not justification for the driver shadowing them across the road and cutting off their legitimate path.

35 minutes ago, DualSportBiker said:

Just how do you come to that judgement? The bikes were riding too tightly for sure. It is not possible to see if the lead bike was partially blocked the the bike to its right. The bikes did move right as the driver waltzed in to the outside lane and cut them up. He pushed further and further right as they moved to avoid them.

What on earth are you talking about? Keep wandering, and while you are at it, keep your ifs, they make no sense and are irrelevant. The riders were on the road in the inside lane moving right to avoid a car that pulled out in front of them and then continued to move right until they had no where to go.

Riding in too tight a pack is foolish, but it is not justification for the driver shadowing them across the road and cutting off their legitimate path.

Video is grainy but it looks like the truck only made contact with one bike which then side swiped the other two, if the bikes had been riding safely only 1 bike would have been taken out, dunno what the thai highway code says but rules of the road seem to be when something bigger pulls out in front of you then slow down and give it room to enter the road which is probably what the truck was expecting, defensive motorbike driving keeps you alive in Thailand ....all at fault in my book.

This is fishy. Video doesnt tell the whole story.

I came across 3guys in kanchanaburi on there baby r15s the other day with passengers also and they all suddenly went from the left lane in front of me to u turn with no signals. Whats wrong with thai boys on pretend big bikes And whats with the girls on the back. How one can decide to turn and then all follow blindly is terrifyingly DUM!. Thais dont trust in themselves do they? But they believe in Thainess. Im so dam confused. Ive been racing cars and bikes since i was 8yrs old and never once folloed anyone blindly. Here its the way it is and if you dont follow you seem somewhat of an idiot that thinks for themselves. Anyone ridden big bikes in a group of thais might know what im talking about. 

I think there is more here in this story. The video doesnt explain anything.

1 hour ago, bsdthai said:

This is fishy. Video doesnt tell the whole story.

I came across 3guys in kanchanaburi on there baby r15s the other day with passengers also and they all suddenly went from the left lane in front of me to u turn with no signals. Whats wrong with thai boys on pretend big bikes And whats with the girls on the back. How one can decide to turn and then all follow blindly is terrifyingly DUM!. Thais dont trust in themselves do they? But they believe in Thainess. Im so dam confused. Ive been racing cars and bikes since i was 8yrs old and never once folloed anyone blindly. Here its the way it is and if you dont follow you seem somewhat of an idiot that thinks for themselves. Anyone ridden big bikes in a group of thais might know what im talking about. 

I think there is more here in this story. The video doesnt explain anything.

''The video doesnt explain anything''.....you weren't driving that pickup were you? the video is perfectly clear.

9 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Not many posts in, but already the "If you were as good a rider as me"  brigade are giving detailed commentary on how they would have avoided the homicidal driver. 

If you can't control a motorbike then don't ride one on the road. 

Nothing to do with "If you were as good a rider as me" more like 'If you could ride to a very basic level'.

4 hours ago, DualSportBiker said:

They had enough time to brake.  If they had been riding defensively they would not be in hospital now.

5 hours ago, Titan1962 said:

Pick up driver entered a road without giving way to the right. The motorcycle riders attempted to change lanes to avoid collision. But the pickup driver was going straight to the far lane, hence the accident. The bikes had nowhere to go.

In a normal country the pickup driver would be in the wrong 100%. But here in Thailand no one gives way to motorcycles especially if they are in a motor vehicle. Just another inconsiderate <deleted>, without any consideration to other road users. Normal Thai attitude I am afraid, mine is bigger than yours.

The bikes had nowhere to go?  I'm pretty sure the motorcycles here are fitted with brakes.