Video: Bikers go online to ask the court of social media to make up their mind!

webfact

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The video shows a pick-up coming onto a main road in Kanchanaburi. 

21 hours ago, webfact said:

near the Wan Saraphee intersection in the eastern Thai province

When did Kanchanaburi move east from west?

On 2017-5-12 at 3:01 PM, onthesoi said:

Video is grainy but it looks like the truck only made contact with one bike which then side swiped the other two, if the bikes had been riding safely only 1 bike would have been taken out, dunno what the thai highway code says but rules of the road seem to be when something bigger pulls out in front of you then slow down and give it room to enter the road which is probably what the truck was expecting, defensive motorbike driving keeps you alive in Thailand ....all at fault in my book.

Like I stated, they were too close to each other, but are you suggesting that hitting just one would be OK?

Sounds like you may be willing to lube up and bend over for anyone and everything that has the potential to harm you. Are you advocating that the law is unimportant? The question is who is in the wrong 'in the eyes of the law.' What the law permits may not be always wise, but judgement is made against the law.

Without cases like this to publicly sent a message that committing four errors in sequence and causing bodily harm and damage to assets is not permitted, there will be no improvement. You seem to suggest that everyone just accept that standards are poor and hope for the best or give up one's rights to those who would steal them on pain of injury or death.

23 hours ago, teatree said:

The bikes had nowhere to go?  I'm pretty sure the motorcycles here are fitted with brakes.

What right does the driver have to use fear of death/injury to force others to change direction or to brake? You seem to suggest that when a car pulls out in front of a bike, the bike should just brake because any accident would be their fault. I don't know if you ride a bike, but I have over 100,000 k.m. on Thai roads on a bike and many times that in cars. When a vehicle pulls out and I have a lane to avoid it, I use the lane. I do not slow to a crawl just in case the moron in a cage compounds the error of pulling out in front of me by squeezing me into the central reservation.