Nineteen vehicle pile-up in Ang Thong causes huge tailback

webfact

Nineteen vehicle pile-up in Ang Thong causes huge tailback

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily Newss

ANG THONG: -- A pile-up in in rainy conditions on the Asia Highway in Ang Thong involved 19 vehicles and caused a 5 kilometer tailback.

The accident in the Ban It sub-district happened around 12.30 pm on Saturday.

Police said there were no deaths or injuries in the pile-up that happened in difficult and rainy traffic conditions.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-15

"Difficult and rainy traffic conditions" my a$$. If they had the brains to leave a safe distance from each other instead of stucking themselves at the other cars' behind these things wouldn't happen.

SSDD..

All Thais drive too close to the vehicle in front, and even when you leave a safety gap, some idiot will take it. I keep telling my wife to leave a gap, because when accident happen in front, everybody driving too close drives into it.  They make no allowances for rain.  All Thais on the road are a accident waiting to happen.  And don't get me started on seat belts and the non safety restraint of children in vehicles.  

It's nice to read of NO REPORTED DEATHS.

Accidents very similar to the one reported, happen everywhere, all over the world.

But?! Seeing as Thailand is ranked as number two in the world for the most dangerous roads and number one in the world for the most motorbike deaths, I can't help but wonder what instigated the pile up? Human error? Apart from the obvious rain.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, Cuchulainn said:

^

That would be scary!! Imagine "black ice" here? The mortuaries couldn''t cope!

Wet roads after  a hot spell is just the same as black ice, thats why all the stupid accidents, some of  the Thais have not worked it out yet.

Edited by Thongkorn