Two women injured as motorbike hits pickup head-on on Patong Hill

webfact

Both survived. Only one hospitalized.

They seem to get a second chance.

(from a Phuket Gazette report in another thread)

Women? Well close to.

The crash victims were both ladyboys riding from Patong toward Phuket Town, Kathu Police officers told Phuket Gazette reporters.

Kusoldharm Foundation rescue workers transported them to Patong Hospital. The more severely injured of the two was later transferred to Vachira Phuket Hospital, where she remains in the Intensive Care Unit.

On 5/15/2017 at 5:09 PM, YaiJung said:

There is a video(dash cam from the pickup truck) and graphic photos in the Thai news.  The ladies clearly were in the wrong lane and hit the pickup head-on.  There was nothing the pickup driver could of done to avoid it.  Luckily he had a dash cam. 

they can come in pretty handy; when you need one, you REALLY need one

16 hours ago, Bulldozer Dawn said:

Freeze the clip at 17 seconds, both the girls are laughing like its a day out at the beach...

555,I really don't think they would be laughing at that point, more like screaming in panic IMO.

On 5/16/2017 at 3:33 AM, smedly said:

yes and the truck was obviously on the wrong side of the road as I have said already

and for the person that made the smart comment..............you are obviously not from Phuket....why should that make a difference, I have been to Phuket and all over Thailand

If it was up to me based on the horrendous track record and horrendous death toll on Phuket roads I would impose an absolute  strict 30kph speed limit on the whole Island with extreme penalties for those that  don't conform.....there are just too many people losing their lives on the island, it has got to be the worst in Thailand by a country mile

30kmph all day every where no exceptions strictly enforced  .......countless lives saved and an added 10mins to anyones journey 

Yes, you said that already, and you were wrong already.  Have a look at the video and come back to apologize please.

yes and the truck was obviously on the wrong side of the road as I have said already

and for the person that made the smart comment..............you are obviously not from Phuket....why should that make a difference, I have been to Phuket and all over Thailand

If it was up to me based on the horrendous track record and horrendous death toll on Phuket roads I would impose an absolute  strict 30kph speed limit on the whole Island with extreme penalties for those that  don't conform.....there are just too many people losing their lives on the island, it has got to be the worst in Thailand by a country mile

30kmph all day every where no exceptions strictly enforced  .......countless lives saved and an added 10mins to anyones journey 

Complete BS- BOTH videos clearly show the pickup was on the correct side of the rode- the motorbike shot across the road into oncoming traffic. The motorbike driver is CLEARLY to blame.

30kph blanket limit all over the island- <snip>

Edited by Jai Dee
flame comment deleted

I used to wonder why the the taxis would always beep 3 times as we passed the corner on that hill.Then one day i was told it was because so many people had died there in accidents!

Topic closed pending moderation.

/Edit: Topic re-opened for discussion.

Several troll comments and flames have been removed from the thread.

Members are reminded to keep the discussion civil and not personal.

The two men on the bike are apparently recovering well in hospital. Fortunately they are out of danger. The bike rider may be charged.

"Mr Nattharikar has not been charged yet as he is still recovering in hospital, but will most likely be charged with reckless driving"
Read more at http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-ladyboys-safe-after-patong-hill-motorbike-pickup-slam-62187.php#UfzYxJ3DGUiSgvox.99

What side of the road did you drive on when you were "All over Thailand"?

You obviously have no idea re that stretch of road/lane set up, look at the video and learn something.

On 5/17/2017 at 6:45 AM, KC 71 said:

I used to wonder why the the taxis would always beep 3 times as we passed the corner on that hill.Then one day i was told it was because so many people had died there in accidents!

Thats rubbish! People don't beep at this point, they beep three times about 300 meters up the road at the peak of patong hill outside the Chinese temple, they do this both ways towards Patong and towards Kathu (the direction these two ladies were heading, travelling way too fast for that corner and not paying attention) 

• 3 weeks later...
Thats rubbish! People don't beep at this point, they beep three times about 300 meters up the road at the peak of patong hill outside the Chinese temple, they do this both ways towards Patong and towards Kathu (the direction these two ladies were heading, travelling way too fast for that corner and not paying attention) 

I was meaning the dangerous bend with loads of small sala's at the side of the road ,not the Chinese temple. Thats much further away.
A local told me ,but i haven't been back since 2004 so they might have changed the road layout since then.

Screen shot, not video.

Wrong.jpg