World Bank top official praises Prime Minister Prayut

webfact

World Bank top official praises Prime Minister Prayut

BANGKOK: -- The World Bank Country Director for Southeast Asia praised Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha for his commitment to eliminate obstacles for the private sector. 

Mr. Ulrich Zachau, the World Bank Country Director for Southeast Asia, and his entourage met Gen. Prayut on Monday at Government House in Bangkok.

During the meeting, Mr. Zachau said the Thai government was committed to improve its services, facilitate investment, and encourage foreign investors to do business in Thailand.

He also met Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak and expressed his appreciation for working closely with the World Bank. 

Mr. Zachau added that the Thai government should create a website that contains relevant business information for foreigners who are interested to invest in the country, and that the government should continue to create a better understanding with foreign investors regarding its economic policy and services.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-05-16

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha deserves praise for his  efforts in bringing Thailand back to stability and his work on economic development. :wai:

now come the keyboard whinges who stay here but don't like the way it's run .... why stay here if your not happy .. :whistling:

The Wold Bank is a part of that ineffective global gravy train called the United Nations. The World Bank's primary object is to reduce poverty so their visit to Thailand might be with some merit. 

I doubt much will come out of this meeting which looks like being an overindulgence of backslapping, gladhanding and mutual admiration. 

Mr. Zachau says the government should continue to create a better understanding with foreign investors regarding its economic policy and services.

I am sure that Australian gold mining company that had their gold mine stolen from them now has a better understanding of the junta's economic policy for foreign investors.

22 minutes ago, steven100 said:

now come the keyboard whinges who stay here but don't like the way it's run .... why stay here if your not happy .. :whistling:

Cheap cigarettes obviously!

34 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha deserves praise for his  efforts in bringing Thailand back to stability and his work on economic development. :wai:

I hear Utopia is better than Thailand. Everything is perfect. 

You know you can live somewhere and not like every single detail. Especially the details where the people you love are unhappy with the situation. Local family and friends, etc. But I guess most people are happy. They'd be criticising the govenement and clicking like on scathing pieces about them if they weren't, right? ?

42 minutes ago, steven100 said:

You and your tongue in cheek posts, my ribs hurt, thanks.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Zachau added that the Thai government should create a website that contains relevant business information for foreigners who are interested to invest in the country,

But they change their mind so often here, by the time you download the information, get on a plane and come here, everything will be different.

Watching the web pages content being altered will be like watching a football commentary unravel.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Common sense would say the place wasn't ruled by an iron fist when they came here, nor will it be in the future. So, you just wait it out.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Zachau added that the Thai government should create a website that contains relevant business information for foreigners who are interested to invest in the country, and that the government should continue to create a better understanding with foreign investors regarding its economic policy and services.

There is a good reason why there is not a website.  How secure is your investment in a country that does not have rule of law ?  Where problems are swept under the carpet ?  A place where you need a work permit to do the simplest of things .  It is not a friendly place for doing business.  World Bank should be ashamed of itself. 

Mr. Zachau added that the Thai government should create a website that contains relevant business information for foreigners.

Maybe I should do the opposite then, at least it will be found in the serbs and work properly and be fully w3c complaint unlike tat and the rest of them

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

I am glad you agree with everything done under the regime here. Something I can't always do. I also think the world is round and at one time this would have been contrary to the views of those that rule. Doesn't mean I want to leave the country, just makes it more difficult to explain the concept of the earth being a globe.

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I hear Utopia is better than Thailand. Everything is perfect. 

You know you can live somewhere and not like every single detail. Especially the details where the people you love are unhappy with the situation. Local family and friends, etc. But I guess most people are happy. They'd be criticising the govenement and clicking like on scathing pieces about them if they weren't, right? ?

Most people are happy but much of the criticism is both justified and healthy. Of course there will always be misanthropes who would be miserable anywhere. But rather like the old saying " a company's best customers are its critics"...much of what is said here is accurate and generally well-intentioned, and more often than not offered by people with a genuine affection for Thailand and Thais.

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

What?  The WB has its own agenda and will do what needs to be done to achieve its goals.  Have a look at some of the comments made about kleptocrat dictators in Africa. One would think that these people  were angels sent down from the heaven.

Put things in context old boy.

9 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

What?  The WB has its own agenda and will do what needs to be done to achieve its goals.  Have a look at some of the comments made about kleptocrat dictators in Africa. One would think that these people  were angels sent down from the heaven.

When the WB praised Mugabe and Ethopia for respectable economic performance on the back of massive loans, you really have to put things in perspective the value of the praises.   

27 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Khun Prayuth is in charge and he's keeping things in check in my book.

What do you think thailand would be like if the military were not in control ?

one word ....  anarchy ...:whistling:

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayuth is in charge and he's keeping things in check in my book.

What do you think thailand would be like if the military were not in control ?

one word ....  anarchy ...:whistling:

2 bombs just went off in Bangkok with 2 injuries. Few days back Big C was bombed. A while ago, a series of bombs in Hua Hin, Trang and few other locations. I can go on.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The World Bank Country Director for Southeast Asia praised Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha for his commitment

There's no praise for any actual accomplishment.

It's like one can praise Prayut for his alleged commitment to return the country to democracy. But as the saying goes, "the proof of the pudding is in the eating." And the junta chokes every time.

6 hours ago, Cadbury said:

The Wold Bank is a part of that ineffective global gravy train called the United Nations. The World Bank's primary object is to reduce poverty so their visit to Thailand might be with some merit. 

I doubt much will come out of this meeting which looks like being an overindulgence of backslapping, gladhanding and mutual admiration. 

Mr. Zachau says the government should continue to create a better understanding with foreign investors regarding its economic policy and services.

I am sure that Australian gold mining company that had their gold mine stolen from them now has a better understanding of the junta's economic policy for foreign investors.

I hope poster number 3 reads this.