What would you do to improve Thailand?

SiamBeast

There are inspectors that check up on food hygiene at street stalls. However, there is a lot of stalls, and not many inspectors. 

As for the people who tell 'whinges' to go home, that is just silly and also whinging in itself. All communities/countries need outside influences to further develop. Little things are what Thai need to start with and gradually move forward. I feel a whole systemic change would not go down well (even if it is what the country needs). Thai are all for development, just not change that will impact their lives or force them to work a little bit harder, so gradual change I think is needed so they do not even realise their lives are changing. 

A lot of Thai people are uneducated, so if you kick the 'whinges' out then the place will remain a death trap, and that development the locals crave will never be able to be achieved. Just from me 'whinging', I call it acting on ideas, my community has changed quite a bit for the safer. 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would stop the bosses in the Immigration offices, banks and other establishments from making up there own rules. I would have the top people in the head offices make the rules and the bosses of the IOs and banks etc abide by them, and maybe then we would all know where we stand.

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Strictly enforce the road traffic laws.....might be a good start.

Yes, and do not allow lone policemen to hand out fines or charge you with anything.

Policemen should at least be in pairs.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, and do not allow lone policemen to hand out fines or charge you with anything.

Policemen should at least be in pairs.

And have working body or helmet cams.

37 minutes ago, steven100 said:

agree 100%  ....   send the whinges home ,   they sit on their keyboards moaning and groaning but hey ... they chose to live here.

so guess what moaners .... get use to it.  :wai:       or leave.

What you dont seem to understand, Steve, is that where we come from we are allowed to have opinions and criticise (and even have valid elections).  It is something generally known as "free speech", which is not allowed in Thailand......apparently even by you.  You want us to merely praise everything in Thailand or go home.

I'd like to see the residency system made easier. You'd have to prove your willingness to become 'thai' by taking a test, written and spoken, as the do in the uk but I'm sure some people, like myself, would be willing to work for that if you could get permanent residency without the reporting.

19 minutes ago, tigermoth said:

I thought many of the proposals by SiamBeast were quite interesting and positive. An additional comments is that Thai Visa stop publishing the inane answers of many of the replys, (most). Many friends of mine have given up on Thai Visa because of the stupid comments published. Has the editor's education ever gone beyond kindergarten??

"Many friends of mine have given up on Thai Visa because of the stupid comments published".

Are you sure that is the real reason? What would be the point of having a forum if posters are not allowed to have an opinion?

What is a stupid reply to someone may not be stupid to someone else. Besides, there is no more "stupid" comments on

Thaivisa than on any other forum.

10 hours ago, SiamBeast said:

- Creating a new "online freelancer" visa type that allows the holder to stay indefinitely provided that a minimum income of THB 60,000 / month is met and originates from abroad

...and pay taxes.

Adding a tax penalty of 5% for people over 35 years old without children

Are you completely insane?

There are 7 billion people on the planet which is at least 6 billion too many. Those without children should be praised and rewarded. Those with children, particularly the stupid ones which is most of them, should be penalised and vilified for the inconsiderate and selfish morons that they are.

- Forcing every establishment with a parking lot of at least 10 places to install at least one hybrid vehicle charging station

LOL... can you also configure a 'charging station' for my buffalo cart?

55 minutes ago, steven100 said:

agree 100%  ....   send the whinges home ,   they sit on their keyboards moaning and groaning but hey ... they chose to live here.

so guess what moaners .... get use to it.  :wai:       or leave.

Steve, I am very sorry to see you have taken out a membership of the "if you don't like it, go home" brigade.

I usually enjoy your posts, and have a laugh to myself at them.

Maybe I have just caught you at a time when you are plastered. Well your the one who is always saying that.:biggrin:

Goal: Keeping sexpats out while allowing visitors who bring something to the country to stay. Welcoming foreign investors to help economic development of the country, while keeping a welcoming environment for tourists who visit the country and leave.

Since when has "You pay barfine my sister me?" not been a cornerstone of rural economic development?

5 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

There are 7 billion people on the planet which is at least 6 billion too many. Those without children should be praised and rewarded. Those with children, particularly the stupid ones which is most of them, should be penalised and vilified for the inconsiderate and selfish morons that they are.

IMO, this is the post of the month for May.:clap2:

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Steve, I am very sorry to see you have taken out a membership of the "if you don't like it, go home" brigade.

I usually enjoy your posts, and have a laugh to myself at them.

Maybe I have just caught you at a time when you are plastered. Well your the one who is always saying that.:biggrin:

sorry,  ok I won't become a full member of the brigade. I'm not plastered yet but getting there ... been down to my 7-11 and got 6 bottles ...  I've had 2 bottles already ..  :burp:     

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

sorry,  ok I won't become a full member of the brigade. I'm not plastered yet but getting there ... been down to my 7-11 and got 6 bottles ...  I've had 2 bottles already ..  :burp:     

Word of advice, if you haven't reached escape velocity by noon, switch to Bacardi Breezers.

14 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Adding a tax penalty of 5% for people over 35 years old without children

14 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Countries that have low births, whether by choice, as in Singapore, or by legislation as in China, pay a price in the end. A top heavy population, with more reliant aged persons than young contributing people is, quite simply unsustainable.

Maintaining the status quo is the ideal policy. The only effective way to reduce a population is to cull the aged. And - well, let's not go there eh!

1 minute ago, uffe123 said:

As long as the military is in power this country is beyond help. They know it all and if you criticize  it you go to jail.

\

Let us not loose sight. The question is hypothetical!

2 minutes ago, uffe123 said:

As long as the military is in power this country is beyond help. They know it all and if you criticize  it you go to jail.

the present military regime provided more law and order than any civilian government before.

I would like Thailand to have more self-innovation instead of looking at other countries and follow their lead.

thai problems deserve a thai solution.

also Makes me sad that thailand doesn't have a single company that is well known on the international level. google, Samsung, xiomi, apple, sony Toyota, BMW, tesla... (where is a thai company finally going to make a name for itself!??!?!)

2 minutes ago, speckio said:

I would like Thailand to have more self-innovation instead of looking at other countries and follow their lead.

thai problems deserve a thai solution.

also Makes me sad that thailand doesn't have a single company that is well known on the international level. google, Samsung, xiomi, apple, sony Toyota, BMW, tesla... (where is a thai company finally going to make a name for itself!??!?!)

Red Bull, Thai air, Bangkok Bank, 

35 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

it is absolutely ridiculous to penalize people who choose not to have children!!

i couldnt agree with kittenkong more..   I would have used much harsher language than "insane" but i am going to try and keep things civil.

2 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

Start teaching critical thinking in the classrooms. Require all students to take swimming leasons free of charge.

reduce wine prices, abolish bar fines, redirect traffic to the right side, deport whiners and whingers, issue work permits generously to foreign working ladies, sentence all jet ski owners and criminal ladyboys to 10 years hard labour, minimise sunshine, increase cloudcover and number of rainy days...