Thai police expected to shoot straighter from October

webfact

Thai police expected to shoot straighter from October

4am.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- Thai police will be the main beneficiaries of a refurbishment to a rifle range that is being called the best of its kind in Asia.

Improvements at the crime suppression division's Wang Kanon range should be completed by October.

The facility has received financial backing from the private sector and its design has been suggested by input from Thai national team sharpshooters.

It is hoped that the international standard facility will train police at all levels to use their guns more accurately when needed.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-18

Ill go teach them.   For those in doubt I was a competitive shooter, I went to a range in thailand and made the range master a bet 5 rounds 5 targets 5 seconds and I get to shoot 50 rounds free or I give him 1000 baht for the 5 shots. He lost.

My fastest time from a holster drew 2,1 seconds, 2 targets shoot first target step around a door and shoot second target without hitting the hosteg gun back in holster.

Worlds fastest shot is 2 shots in less time you can blink your eye. Hitting 2 separate targets, the guy is 65 years old and interesting to watch on YouTube.

Policemen in Thailand are trigger happy lot and aim and shoot to kill,

I wouldn't wanna be around when they start shooting a hail of bullets,

so far they're good job at it seeing that no one with a gun shooting

them come out alive....

Ill go teach them.   For those in doubt I was a competitive shooter, I went to a range in thailand and made the range master a bet 5 rounds 5 targets 5 seconds and I get to shoot 50 rounds free or I give him 1000 baht for the 5 shots. He lost.

My fastest time from a holster drew 2,1 seconds, 2 targets shoot first target step around a door and shoot second target without hitting the hosteg gun back in holster.

Worlds fastest shot is 2 shots in less time you can blink your eye. Hitting 2 separate targets, the guy is 65 years old and interesting to watch on YouTube.

I'm impressed! I can take it out and pee in 1.3 seconds flat! :clap2:

Is that what is known as "taking the piss"?

:):)

6 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Now all we need to do is teach them honesty, integrity and how to actually do police work and we will be headed in the right direction.

That's on the books as well, due for completion December 2050, still looking for private sector funds to bolster the Baht 20 allocated by the government for training. 

Will this be like the education system where no one ever fails?

If, sorry "when", you graduate from this school of straight shooters, do you get yet another medal to pin on your puffed up chest?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai police will be the main beneficiaries of a refurbishment to a rifle range that is being called the best of its kind in Asia.

I would say that if the police really will "shoot straighter" then the main beneficiaries would be the innocent, by-standing members of the public.

4 hours ago, USPatriot said:

Oh wow you are my hero.

Wish I could shoot fast and accurately.

My life would be complete.

I'm so so inclined to press the like button but worried I may injure my trigger finger in the excitement of it all.

19 minutes ago, Fulwell53 said:

Oh wow you are my hero.

Wish I could shoot fast and accurately.

My life would be complete.

I'm so so inclined to press the like button but worried I may injure my trigger finger in the excitement of it all.

Haha thanks for writing what I was thinking.  Some call it a fast shooter, others call it premature ejaculation!

I got a better idea what to teach the police instead of shooting everyone  How about you teach them to enforce the traffic rules and book people Honestly i am so sick and tired when i drive here seeing people break the rules They know the rules but they do not care because they know the police do not enforce them They are Probly more interested in being gunslingers I am just writing this now because i am still shaking from nearly having a head on with a Thai driver coming up the wrong way of the street OMG

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

There's nothing straight about Thai police.

Yes there is, at tea money time, the cash goes 'straight' from your wallet into their hand, then 'straight' into their pocket.:cheesy:

11 hours ago, webfact said:

The facility has received financial backing from the private sector 

So not financed by the government? This might raise questions about following procurement regulations (ie., any quid pro quo arrangements, excessive payments) and potential conflicts of interest (ie., abuse of power, nepotism).