Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

Yes, a lot of salivating over more nothingburgers.

The title of the thread is "Will TRUMP be impeached or resign", so the answer is still NO!!

90% of the people on this thread and throughout America don't even know what impeach means or the criteria required to support it.

Edited by ThaiWai

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Not  so, kid.. First of all it has to be invoked. And even then, if it's contested it's up to the courts to decide if it has been legitimately invoked. 

"The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 1974 in U.S. v Nixon that executive privilege can only be used in limited circumstances, such as protecting national security or preserving the confidentiality of sensitive communications within the executive branch."

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/articles/2017-06-02/factbox-could-trump-use-executive-privilege-to-block-comey-testimony

Name twice execpriv was invoked and overturned.

6 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Papadapoulos?

Was about lying to the FBI. And...

Lets not back and forth all day.  In my post I asked in response to another poster who said there was obvious mounting evidence supporting Trump committed a criminal act with Russia to influence the election.  Posting a single name in response to that request is not a qualified response.  If you have specific evidence related to the inquiry above then post it.  Otherwise don't waste my time.  Not to mention posting any names other than Trump does not support your claim.  To the contrary it reinforces mine.  

16 hours ago, EvenSteven said:

These are the actions of men who are central to Trump's campaign, who had worked in the Ukraine and Russia, not including George Papadopoulos who was Trump's foreign advisor and has admitted that he has collaborated with Russia.  As usual, Trump has now smeared and belittled George as a "... low level volunteer ..., who has already proven to be a liar".

Btw, investigators don't disclose anything about their investigation until charges are laid.  But all indications from Trump's connections to his personal actions and reactions suggest he is not an innocent man, unless you trust a serial liar, and it appears you do.

The actions of the men you speak of were prior to the campaign.  You can't inject the past into any time you choose.  Papo lied about a timeline.  Great.  Still no evidence Trump did anything.  15 people were convicted of federal crimes related to Whitewater.  Guess who 2 of them were not.  Who you know and what they did is not a crime regardless of what you think you know and believe deep down inside. 

As far as investigators not releasing everything maybe you can explain how sealed indictments were released to the press.  I know Trey Gowdy wants the information because it is a crime in an of itself.  What I think and what I can prove are not always the same thing.  I have no respect for Trump.  I am not debating Trumps inequities.  I leave personal bias driven assessments to nonobjective people like you.

20 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

90% of the people on this thread and throughout America don't even know what impeach means or the criteria required to support it.

The criteria for impeachment, "high crimes and misdemeanors", is vague.  Therefore grounds for impeachment are pretty much whatever the House of Representatives says they are and the Senate agrees to.  As my previous post, repeated below, indicates, we are getting there.

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

Trump's campaign manager has been charged with serious crimes that could put him in prison for decades.  Don't you think it says something about Trump that he would put such a criminal in charge of his campaign?

We also have Papadopoulos admitting that he actively sought contacts with the Russian government while he was an advisor to the Trump campaign, and, as Trump himself said, Papadopoulous is "an excellent guy". 

We now have a criminal money launderer who was in charge of the Trump campaign and a campaign advisor who was an excellent guy actively seeking collusion with Russia.  Even with nothing else (and there will be more) Trump was either approved or this or was clueless, and thus incompetent.  That is pertinent information for an impeached or resign thread.

10 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

The actions of the men you speak of were prior to the campaign.  You can't inject the past into any time you choose.  Papo lied about a timeline.  Great.  Still no evidence Trump did anything.  15 people were convicted of federal crimes related to Whitewater.  Guess who 2 of them were not.  Who you know and what they did is not a crime regardless of what you think you know and believe deep down inside. 

As far as investigators not releasing everything maybe you can explain how sealed indictments were released to the press.  I know Trey Gowdy wants the information because it is a crime in an of itself.  What I think and what I can prove are not always the same thing.  I have no respect for Trump.  I am not debating Trumps inequities.  I leave personal bias driven assessments to nonobjective people like you.

Many, many people with peripheral relations to the Whitewater Development Company were not convicted of federal crimes.  Also, the investigation had nothing to do with foreign collusion, putting a criminal in charge of an election campaign, and illegal campaign activities.   So what's your point?

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

Many, many people with peripheral relations to the Whitewater Development Company were not convicted of federal crimes.  Also, the investigation had nothing to do with foreign collusion, putting a criminal in charge of an election campaign, and illegal campaign activities.   So what's your point?

OMG what is YOUR point??!  Mine was obviously that you don't automatically go to jail without passing go because of a personal relationship even if you were in business with that person during the commission of a crime that led to a conviction.  I can't believe that went over your phenomenally small brain and head.  Who in the f said anything about foreign collusion?  What is wrong with you?  I don't even know how people like you get your shoes tied in the morning with such feeble logic and reasoning skills.  Don't bother replying because whatever you say will A) Have ZERO to do with what I posted and B) Not be read

If he fired Mueller and then had Rosenstein appoint Giuliani or Christie to be the special counsel, you don't think that would stop the threat to the Trump family?  Could be messy, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't do it.  There were reports that he had to be talked out of firing Mueller yesterday.

Firing Mueller would be stupid

52 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

OMG what is YOUR point??!  Mine was obviously that you don't automatically go to jail without passing go because of a personal relationship even if you were in business with that person during the commission of a crime that led to a conviction.  I can't believe that went over your phenomenally small brain and head.  Who in the f said anything about foreign collusion?  What is wrong with you?  I don't even know how people like you get your shoes tied in the morning with such feeble logic and reasoning skills.  Don't bother replying because whatever you say will A) Have ZERO to do with what I posted and B) Not be read

Once again, you are very sensitive. 

You are one who brought up the topic of Whitewater and implied that Trump's relationship with Manafort was merely a personal one.  It was not. Manafort was Trump's campaign manager. He now stands accused of Illegally laundering millions of dollars of money, failing to declare foreign income and tax evasion.  The fact that Trump would hire such a man as his campaign manager indicates extremely poor judgment or high tolerance for shady activities.  Either way it's not good.

The charges also indicates that Mueller is investigating any illegal activities he comes across in this Russian investigation, including money laundering and tax evasion.  I'm sure Trump is very worried.  I look forward to this.

1 hour ago, ThaiWai said:

I am not a Trump supporter.  I am a truth supporter.  The indictments don't have anything to do wit Trump.  The investigation did show collusion from Hillary's camp though.  I guess you don't care about that though.  Your bias is evident, after that nothing you say is valid.

As a teen my parents warned me that if I kept doing what I did, I would go blind. I proved them wrong, and subsequently never gave any credence to anything they said. 

My point is that one (perceived) bias does not automatically devalue all future utterances.

*anyway, does anyone know of a cure for hairy palms? Thanks.

1 hour ago, ThaiWai said:

I am not a Trump supporter.  I am a truth supporter.  The indictments don't have anything to do wit Trump.  The investigation did show collusion from Hillary's camp though.  I guess you don't care about that though.  Your bias is evident, after that nothing you say is valid.

Well could you use some of your 'Truth supporting' abilities' to cut and paste where I am displaying a bias (i assume you mean to Clinton).

Could you also use some of your 'truth supporter' abilities to tell us where the investigation shows collusion 'from Hillary's camp'?

Can you also use some of your truth supporter abilities to start telling the truth in posts concerning Trump. Whether Papadopoulos lied about a time line is one part of it only, why do you conveniently forget that he has also admitted trying to organise meetings between Trump and Putin? Why do you forget to mention that a campaign 'supervisor' encouraged Papadopoulos to attend meetings in order that he COULD set up bigger meetings for Trump.  Truth is a difficult quest to undertake if you have no desire in either reading or admitting what happened, regardless of any loyalties.

A number of troll comments and flames have been removed from this thread.

If you continue to attack each other and indulge in petty bickering this thread will be finally locked preventing further discussion and posting suspensions awarded to the offenders. There have been many reports of offensive behaviour and trolling during the (nearly) 6 months that this topic has been running.

Be warned.

6 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

Papo lied about a timeline.

Huh?  A timeline?  Papadopoulos, a former adviser to Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, pleaded guilty to making false statements and "material omissions” to the FBI about numerous communications he had with allies of the Russian government, according to the criminal statement unsealed on Monday.  A timeline?  lol.   Your little ploy to hide a serious crime reveals who you really are, namely, a typical Trump supporter.  If it looks like a duck ...

Still no evidence Trump did anything

You mean to say that Mueller has not released any evidence about Trump yet.  But all indications from Trump over the last year from his obstructions of justice to repeated cries of witch hunt and fake news suggest that he is not an innocent man, unless you believe a serial liar, which it seems you do.

As far as investigators not releasing everything maybe you can explain how sealed indictments were released to the press.

Leaks happen.  Nothing is fool proof.  But to suggest that Mueller and his team are leaking this to the press is utterly crazy, if you think for a moment about the consequences of it being uncovered as a ploy by the special council to undermine Trump.  It smacks of more Trump conspiracy theorizing.  I'll leave that to closet Trump supporters like yourself.  Next.

Edited by EvenSteven

I am not a Trump supporter.  I am a truth supporter. 

You can't be serious.  Trump is the biggest liar in the history of American politics.  The bastard lies almost every time he opens his mouth.  If you are defending Trump, you are not a truth supporter. 

38 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

You can't be serious.  Trump is the biggest liar in the history of American politics.  The bastard lies almost every time he opens his mouth.  If you are defending Trump, you are not a truth supporter. 

I don't know about that.  I think Bill Clinton or Richard Nixon get the award for the biggest liars and one had to resign and the other was impeached for lying.  So far Trump is not really a in the lying big leagues. 

1 minute ago, amvet said:

I don't know about that.  I think Bill Clinton or Richard Nixon get the award for the biggest liars and one had to resign and the other was impeached for lying.  So far Trump is not really a in the lying big leagues. 

You are living in an alternate reality.  How's the weather?

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

50 minutes ago, EvenSteven said:

Huh?  A timeline?  Papadopoulos, a former adviser to Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, pleaded guilty to making false statements and "material omissions” to the FBI about numerous communications he had with allies of the Russian government, according to the criminal statement unsealed on Monday.  A timeline?  lol.   Your little ploy to hide a serious crime reveals who you really are, namely, a typical Trump supporter.  If it looks like a duck ...

You mean to say that Mueller has not released any evidence about Trump yet.  But all indications from Trump over the last year from his obstructions of justice to repeated cries of witch hunt and fake news suggest that he is not an innocent man, unless you believe a serial liar, which it seems you do.

Leaks happen.  Nothing is fool proof.  But to suggest that Mueller and his team are leaking this to the press is utterly crazy, if you think for a moment about the consequences of it being uncovered as a ploy by the special council to undermine Trump.  It smacks of more Trump conspiracy theorizing.  I'll leave that to closet Trump supporters like yourself.  Next.

Who would know enough to leak the information?  Mueller's team is the obvious answer.  What exactly did Papadopoulos do?  He lied about when he met with the Russians who claimed to speak for higher ranking Russians.  I actually read the indictment.  Hillary in violation of an Justice dpt order tried to hide thousands of emails and everybody knows they are out there somewhere.  Someone was looking for a payday to produce them.  Although I think the person who knows is under a gag order not to talk.  Maybe someone can refresh my mind on that.  

8 minutes ago, amvet said:

Very true. Trump is doing a great job despite those out to bring him down. Nixon and Clinton had it easy. 

4 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

You are living in an alternate reality.  How's the weather?

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

To be a big league liar you have to be caught and suffer legal consequences .  Clinton was impeached and lost his law license and a ton of cash.  Nixon lost his job and reputation.  What has happened to Trump?  Is he impeached?  Is he likely to be impeached? 

5 minutes ago, amvet said:

To be a big league liar you have to be caught and suffer legal consequences .  Clinton was impeached and lost his law license and a ton of cash.  Nixon lost his job and reputation.  What has happened to Trump?  Is he impeached?  Is he likely to be impeached? 

Really? So you get to set the definition. Well, he already pleaded no contest to a charge of fraud. But I guess you're going to refine the rules further and say it has to be a criminal matter, not a civil one.  You don't get to set the rules on what it means to be a big league liar. Trump is now President of the United States and he lies on at least virtually, if not literally on a daily basis. He lies even in the face of video evidence of himself to the contrary. You're not doing yourself any favors here.

Any day now...

2 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Really? So you get to set the definition. Well, he already pleaded no contest to a charge of fraud. But I guess you're going to refine the rules further and say it has to be a criminal matter, not a civil one.  You don't get to set the rules on what it means to be a big league liar. Trump is now President of the United States and he lies on at least virtually, if not literally on a daily basis. He lies even in the face of video evidence of himself to the contrary. You're not doing yourself any favors here.

I didn't say he didn't lie.  My comment was to the poster who claimed he was the number one liar to have ever been President and that's not even close to being true.  Nixon and Clinton beat him hands down.  

6 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Any day now...

How long to you think it takes to impeach a fellow? Has he committed any high crimes or misdemeanors?  List em.  Is it a crime to ask a foreign government if they know anything bad about a rival?  Who paid the Russians for the Steele dossier? Trump?  

Edited by amvet

How long to you think it takes to impeach a fellow? Has he committed any high crimes or misdemeanors?  List em.  Is it a crime to ask a foreign government if they know anything bad about a rival?  Who paid the Russians for the Steele dossier? Trump?  

It can take years. This is a process. Be patient. Where this ends nobody knows yet. 

I didn't say he didn't lie.  My comment was to the poster who claimed he was the number one liar to have ever been President and that's not even close to being true.  Nixon and Clinton beat him hands down.  

Because of the ridiculous criterion you set up of "legal consequences.". For your information, Bill Clinton and Richard Nixon were only impeached (indicted). It's a crime to be indicted? There goes innocent until proven guilty. Once again, Trump pleaded no contest in the case of the massive fraud that was Trump University. And he lies all the time openly contradicting unassailable facts including denials of things he's been recorded saying. He is clearly the most prolific liar ever to occupy the White House. The evidence is overwhelming and to a rational mind, incontrovertible.

Just now, Jingthing said:

It can take years. This is a process. Be patient. Where this ends nobody knows yet. 

The other poster said any day.  I'm inclined to go along with you in thinking years if at all.  The Senate has to convict and Trump will have to insult a bunch more people for that to happen. 

The most consequential lies are often the lies we tell ourselves. 

“I have the best words.”

“I’m like a really smart person”

“I know more than the generals”

“I’m worth $10 billion”

“No puppet, you’re the puppet”

Trump is a penny ante liar. Habitual, pathological, yes, but Penny ante nonetheless. On the other hand, he rarely tells the truth either. Almost as if trying to make up in quantity what he lacks in quality. A quality lie is something like:

“Don’t want a smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud”

Which delivers a succinct lie by asserting something everyone can agree with. Don’t think we can expect that kind of finesse from Trump. Even if someone writes it for him, it will be botched in the delivery when he adds: “believe me”

9 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Because of the ridiculous criterion you set up of "legal consequences.". For your information, Bill Clinton and Richard Nixon were only impeached (indicted). It's a crime to be indicted? There goes innocent until proven guilty. Once again, Trump pleaded no contest in the case of the massive fraud that was Trump University. And he lies all the time openly contradicting unassailable facts including denials of things he's been recorded saying. He is clearly the most prolific liar ever to occupy the White House. The evidence is overwhelming and to a rational mind, incontrovertible.

Repeating her condemnation of Clinton for lying under oath in the Paula Corbin Jones sexual harassment lawsuit, U.S. District Judge Susan Webber Wright said that she was imposing the sanction to cover some of Jones’ legal expenses and “to deter others who might consider emulating the president’s misconduct.  In April 1999, U.S. District Judge Susan Webber Wright found Clinton in contempt of court for giving false testimony in the Paula Jones sexual harassment trial and fined him over $90,000.  Guilty not innocent.  

If Trump lies under oath and it is ruled a high crime or misdemeanor I'm sure someone will try to impeach him.  Until then it is only your opinion and he is nowhere near the top of the biggest Presidential liars.