Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Trump has the backing of the people and the military and the police.    He is not going to be impeached. 

If he is, he will survive impeachment. 

If he doesn’t survive impeachment, he will retain power through a military coup. 

Get used to it.  He will be our president for a long long time.

Impeachment isn't a coup. If you're suggesting that if trump is impeached and convicted in the Senate that the clown President might illegally resist leaving office I would agree in his case it would be somewhat of a risk.  As far as support of the people at this point he only has enthusiastic support from about 25 percent of the people but among that group of loyalists many have guns.

Generally I agree impeachment is almost impossible before the midterm elections and even then it's unlikely because of the makeup of the Senate. So at the least there would have to be a very smoking gun and the democrats would need to retake the house.

If the clown President is impeached and he doesn't resist I don't think the military or police will have any problem with accepting Pence as president.

The clown President is leading a decline of the USA in the direction of a banana republic but hopefully that can be reversed in time to prevent long term damage.

No guarantees.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SemperFi said:

If he doesn’t survive impeachment, he will retain power through a military coup. 

:coffee1: 

Then the USA can be a real Third world country instead of just playing at being a banana republic now :cheesy:  How the mighty fall. From being the Leader of the FREE world to suggesting that Trump will persuade the Military to throw the US constitution in the bin and become a country ruled by a Junta.

No, you get used to it, the way he is going he will be in jail for a long long time.

4 hours ago, SemperFi said:

Trump has the backing of the people and the military and the police. 

He is not going to be impeached. 

If he is, he will survive impeachment. 

"He will be our president for a long long time."

Let’s dispence with that one first:

The inept one will resign or be run out of office in disgrace.

Along with his spawn.

Sooner than later.

And people currently with him will be jailed.

As will some of his former Russian connected employees.

"He is not"

"If he is"

"If he doesn’t survive"

Is that supposed to be reassuring to your fellow Trumpeteers?

Your fascist view that Treason is an option is very disturbing.

Even more disturbing is that another poster liked your Treasonous proposal.

You strike me as a bit unhinged…

Fortunately for America, you are of a very small minority.

BTW, read much?

Edited by iReason

Now Spicer has quit, unhappy over the appointment of the vile Scaramucci as Communications Director. I can't decide if it's rats leaving the ship so much as lemmings headed for the cliff face.

Spokesman for Trump’s legal team resigns just two months after starting

Mark Corallo had grown frustrated with operation and warring factions, sources say. (sub-title)

"The spokesman for President Donald Trump's legal team has resigned within two months of being on the job, according to people familiar with the matter."

"Mark Corallo, the spokesman, had grown frustrated with the operation and the warring factions and lawyers, these people said."

"Corallo also was concerned about whether he was being told the truth about various matters"

I am not a US citizen, but I am now daily looking at US sources (NY Times/ Washington Post) for my news because so much of what is happening in the US affects the rest of the world, and so much of what is happening in the US is bad. Most concerning of all, how Putin seems to have Trump under his thumb. The coup of the century, in my opinion. 

Edited by dundas

I am not a US citizen, but I am now daily looking at US sources (NY Times/ Washington Post) for my news because so much of what is happening in the US affects the rest of the world, and so much of what is happening in the US is bad. Most concerning of all, how Putin seems to have Trump under his thumb. The coup of the century, in my opinion. 

Yes, the buffoon Trump will be incarcerated soon.

Unfortunately, Putin will continue to call the shots long after Trump is gone.

Would imagine that is the goal of Democrats, the Establishment and the media. But as Trump has been rolling over on normalizing relations with Russia and upping the war rhetoric then maybe he will get a pass and be allowed to stay.

That being said all countries at various times get leaders voted in that many dislike, if they can be easily thrown out by unelected forces then is that democracy? Best be careful what you want as that is the road to complete totalitarianism.

It has taken yet another ugly turn with the reports from intelligence intercepts that Sessions did indeed discuss the Trump campaign with the Russian ambassador. 

Sessions will be gone next week, give Trump 3 months...no way is he going to last until mid-terms. Never has there been such a blight on American govt. New depths being plumbed, far, far worse than Nixon.

Former spy chiefs tear into Trump 

John Brennan and Jim Clapper trash Trump for his relations with Putin, attacks on intelligence community.

(sub-title)

"Two former top U.S. intelligence officials tore into President Donald Trump on Friday, saying in sometimes personal terms that Trump has shown disrespect for intelligence officials and a distasteful affinity for Russian President Vladimir Putin, and warning he may be endangering U.S. national security."

"Noting that he had served six presidents, Brennan said that Trump’s actions on the world stage had raised "serious questions about how he is keeping safe our national security."

“Quite frankly I think there are concerns that sometimes what Mr. Trump says happens is not exactly what happens,” Brennan said, I think it just raises again concerns about what else may be going on between Mr. Trump and Mr. Putin that is being held behind closed doors and outside of public view.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/21/spy-chiefs-rip-trump-240828

Edited by iReason

*Deleted post edited out*

Misleading comment if not false comparison.

Spicer lasted a total of 47 days with the Trump administration.

George Stephanopoulas served in Clinton's administration for four years (1993-1996) as a Senior Advisor to William Clinton. From January 1993 to June 1993 he ALSO served as White House Director of Communications and ad hoc White House Press Secretary.

He resigned shortly after Clinton's re-election.

Taken as a whole, Spicer didn't last but a moment in the POTUS administration compared to Stephanopoulas' term.

Edited by Scott
Deleted post edited out

A post with an aberrant spelling of a name has been removed.   It is childish in the extreme and trolling.   Another off-topic post has also been removed.  

James Clapper: Trump is 'making Russia great again'

"ASPEN, Colo. — Top former U.S. intelligence officials who helped author the assessment that Russia interfered in the 2016 elections voiced searing criticism Friday of President Trump's continuing disregard for the undisputed conclusions and his repeated rebukes of the U.S. intelligence services."

"Brennan called Trump's "disparagement" of the intelligence institutions as "disgraceful," adding that he should be "ashamed."

"Clapper, playing off the president's own campaign slogan, said that Trump's actions were "making Russia great again."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/07/22/intel-officials-blast-trump/501199001/

I think there is a majority consensus among pro and anti-trump factions that it will be very difficult (and thus unlikely) to remove trump from office through impeachment. Self removal for medical/mortality reasons is historically much more likely. Impeachment is not so much about legal charges as having the votes in congress for this extreme step.

But it's another question entirely to ask SHOULD trump be removed from office. (Yes!)

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/20/opinions/trump-authoritarian-playbook-continues-ben-ghiat-opinion/index.html

Trump's authoritarian playbook -- what's next?
It might be tempting to think Donald Trump won't even be in office by the end of 2017, given special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation. Such work is necessarily long and painstaking, though, and impervious to the momentum that builds on the topic from our 24/7 news cycle. In the wake of the Republicans' health care defeat, it might also seem that he has lost too much political capital to stay the course. In reality, he is on his way to accomplishing the most important things an authoritarian leader must do to survive over the long term. The strategies that he's already used effectively will also guide his next phase of rule.

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's clear that the party establishment in 2016 didn't want to run as far left as Sanders.

It was also clear that moderate Democrats who were part of the swing vote were attracted to Trump's promises of better lives than what Hillary offered that was mostly vague and complicated. Trump delivered simple messages: more jobs, lower taxes, Big Wall, better healthcare.

Looking now at Trump's favorable ratings 36-40% shows he's lost that swing vote. But that doesn't guarantee moderate Democrats will vote Democrat in 2020. They've in effect become an Independent Party.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Again, it's too early to predict the 2020 dynamic. Personally, I don't think trump will be running again, and that in itself would be very significant. 

It's always about the message and not necessarily about the messenger.

Mid-term elections in 2018 may provide some insight into what the political landscape will be in 2020 for the POTUS election.

Just now, Srikcir said:

It's always about the message and not necessarily about the messenger.

Mid-term elections in 2018 may provide some insight into what the political landscape will be in 2020 for the POTUS election.

I don't agree. It's a combination. trump ran at a time when there was an unusual appeal for an authoritarian demagogue and his personality had a lot do with it. He's largely a cult of personality. 

Sanders is definitely to left of Clinton. It's clear that the party establishment in 2016 didn't want to run as far left as Sanders. It's a matter of debate now whether the democrats should run more left in the future, if the goal is to win. I don't have the answer to that. It's going to be an interesting internal fight. 

That said, in a fantasy spot election right now, I have little doubt that Sanders would beat trump and Clinton would not do as well as Sanders against trump, even a second time.

But the next presidential election isn't until 2020, a massive amount will change between now and then, and neither Sanders or Clinton will be nominated then. 

If moving left means nailing planks into the platform such as single payer healthcare, taming college debt, killing the TPP, trimming defense spending, eliminating corporate welfare and reversing the effects of Citizens United amongst other things then yeah, they need to move to the left.

In terms of a fantasy retrospective election with Trump, Sanders would have won. But it begs the question, who would he be running against assuming Republicans also wanted a do over? Maybe Ted Cruz? Have you seen the post election town hall debates between Cruz and Sanders? It's like tuning into an election debate from a parallel universe.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think it is very probable that some kind of American specific implementation of universal coverage and health care as a CIVIL RIGHT of citizenship WILL be in the platform for the next democratic nominee and that that nominee will run on it. It's already branded as MEDICARE FOR ALL. That's brilliant because Medicare is very popular. There is already majority support for that. But that's only one issue, albeit a very big one. A real hard move to the left would be running on a guaranteed minimum income and similar. The USA and even the USA democratic party is very far from that. 

Edited by Jingthing

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I can see  him having a Nixon moment,waving from a helicopter,

saying over and over, "I am not a liar".

regards worgeordie

And I can see him wrapping up his second term after making America great, and you Trump haters claiming you were with him all along.

And I can see him wrapping up his second term after making America great, and you Trump haters claiming you were with him all along.

Never. You're tripping if you think that lying old clown is EVER going to be popular outside the Kremlin.

50 minutes ago, SemperFi said:

Well, given the fact that;

The occupier of the White House' son, along with a Senior White House adviser to his father and a Russian connected Trump campaign director, had a clandestine meeting with agents from a hostile foreign adversary.

Russia.

(And  his Attorney General who was caught out lying again about his meetings with the Russians)

And;

The White House is under criminal investigation for obstruction of justice, collusion, fraud, racketeering, 

money laundering and espionage.

By:

The House Intelligence Committee

The Senate Intelligence Committee

The Senate Judiciary Committee

The House Oversight Committee

And Special Counsel Mueller.

It's highly doubtful he'll wrap up his first year.

Do you read much?

And when all these vermin are eradicated from the White House,

America will be great once again. :thumbsup:

Of course, it will be even greater when citizens who advocate a military coup and Treason are held accountable as well.

Edited by iReason

Here's a possible event that the baby man has already hinted that he's open to doing, that could potentially trigger a substantial impeachment movement or at least an impeachment centered midterm election. That possible event is if 45 fires Mueller. In it's recent interview with the FABULOUSLY important and real news source The New York Times, it indicated that Mueller looking into his family business finance was a red line. Well, that red line was just crossed.:post-4641-1156693976:

The Resistance Is Already Planning for When Trump Fires Mueller

Yet everything keeps coming back to pushing a Congress that has so far been supine before the president and often hostile to dissenting constituents. “If Trump were to fire Mueller, that is to me the straw that breaks the camel’s back,” Democratic Congressman Ted Lieu told me. “I think at that point you’re going to have large numbers of Republicans saying we need to start impeachment proceedings.”

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/07/21/the_resistance_is_already_planning_for_when_trump_fires_robert_mueller.html

Edited by Jingthing