British police says responding to serious incident at Manchester Arena

webfact

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, impulse said:

2.8 million Muslims in the UK.  (That's 2,800,000) You've found 4 baddies.  (That's 4)

But let's round 'em all up and send them...where?   Well, that's a good question.

I would suggest that many more are indoctrinated by so-called preachers at their local mosque. Rather than do as you intimate, it would be a whole lot better if the Muslim community weed out these extremist preachers, and let the UK police deport them. 

5 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Sad that we heard this unimportant information (i.e. suicide bomber) from the US, not Brit. authorities :sad:.

Do you really think the Brits didn't know? The west (esp US UK Interpol) intelligence agencies are working together on this. The leak came from US sources. 

Maybe try and stop beating on the Brit authorities, you or I have no idea how many of these atrocities they have stoppped over the years. 

I for one am glad they are on our side.

4 minutes ago, the guest said:

Turn the table, if foreigners from EU were doing the same in Thailand, what do you think would happen? I can tell you, the population would be on a rampage hunting out every foreigner, and demanding the government to check them all out. 

Too true.  You should check out the film No Escape (filmed in Chiang Mai), gave me the willies.  All too realistic and believable.

28 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

The Brits are second to none on this kind of thing. Let them do what they need to do. They have their reasons if they are withholding information.

I'm looking forward to hearing your possible reasons as to why there could be a good reason to withhold the information that it was a suicide bomber responsible.

6 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

I would suggest that many more are indoctrinated by so-called preachers at their local mosque. Rather than do as you intimate, it would be a whole lot better if the Muslim community weed out these extremist preachers, and let the UK police deport them. 

I agree with you there.  

But I have to admit that I've never gone to a KKK rally to weed them out- in spite of my abhorrence of their twisting of Christian values for nefarious purposes.  Those guys are crazy.  And they have guns.

So I've got some empathy for peaceful Muslims who just want to keep breathing.  They probably hate their crazies as much as I despise the what the KKK stands for.

5 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

It took the UK 8 years to get rid of just one disgusting preacher:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/abu-hamza-deported-from-uk-after-1363430

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I'm looking forward to hearing your possible reasons as to why there's a good reason to withhold the information that it was a suicide bomber responsible.

Give me 10 minutes, I'm just finishing up in this cobra meeting and then il be sure to tell you.

39 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

It will be interesting to find out whether the US sources are telling the truth - or whether US sources are lying.

One implies that Brit. authorities are hiding the truth for no discernible reason?

Or maybe even not Speculating and waiting till they have the facts,,,which is probably more the case

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

I'm looking forward to hearing your possible reasons as to why there could be a good reason to withhold the information that it was a suicide bomber responsible.

The British Police tend not to come out with information until they are cleare about the facts. Why do you think they should behave like the RTP making statements based on speculation

14 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Wouldn't help much with so much of this bile available to these gullible cretins over the Internet, sadly

7 minutes ago, ResandePohm said:

The British Police tend not to come out with information until they are clear about the facts. Why do you think they should behave like the RTP making statements based on speculation

And no photo shoots either....:stoner:

31 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I have a feeling that no credible link to this "survey" will be forthcoming. Just unhelpful, inflammatory posturing.

Probably not, but I'm open to the possibility that there's been a fundamental shift in the prevailing attitudes of the once tolerant society (France) because of recent events.  

And for my own education, if that is the case, I'd like to follow any links to see how it has evolved.

9 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

It took the UK 8 years to get rid of just one disgusting preacher:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/abu-hamza-deported-from-uk-after-1363430

And I hope Brexit will indeed resolve that issue. No need to pander to EU legislation. Freedom of movement is a pre-terrorist ideology - nowadays not appropriate.

15 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Some media outlets allege UK Police first briefed US authorities,of probability of suicide attack. based upon forensics - makes sense

Very true - I only 'heard' that that a suicide bomber had been confirmed by Brit. sources - long after US sources.

If it proves to be true - the UK authorities have a lot to explain....

12 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

it's called an investigation. Until the facts are clear, people not involved have no reason to know.

At least that is the way it should be. But in this age of digital social media, too many people consider themselves important enough to know everything immediately.

Take a breath and relax, it is not going to change your life if information is kept from you until it is verified. There are already enough suffering the after effects of this cowardly attack on the innocent.

2 hours ago, impulse said:

You'd have to post a link to that survey for me to find those results credible.  Including how the questions were worded.  

I can get 99% of the citizens of the USA to say that guns are a bad thing (in the hands of mentally deranged people in kindergarten classes).

I'm not saying it's not possible.  Just not likely.

Fair point. I have tried to find the link, but unfortunately failed, though I do remember seeing it. As I said before they exact numbers I'm not sure about.

While trying to find the link, I came across these two articles.

Daily Telegraph 35th Feb 2015  stating that 27% of British Muslim publically have sympathy with terrorist acts.  International Business Times, Aug 26th. State that 22% of 25-34 yr old French Muslim are in support. Seemingly the younger Muslim generation,are the most supportive of acts of terrorism.

Just now, chrisinth said:

it's called an investigation. Until the facts are clear, people not involved have no reason to know.

At least that is the way it should be. But in this age of digital social media, too many people consider themselves important enough to know everything immediately.

Take a breath and relax, it is not going to change your life if information is kept from you until it is verified. There are already enough suffering the after effects of this cowardly attack on the innocent.

You're right, there's no reason to assume the US sources are correct until UK sources confirm this.

But I repeat an earlier post, it will be interesting to find out whether US sources are lying - or Brit. authorities are hiding the truth.

I can't think of any reason why Brit. authorities would (eventually...) not state that it was a suicide bomber - if this turns out to be the case.

7 minutes ago, saminoz said:

Wouldn't help much with so much of this bile available to these gullible cretins over the Internet, sadly

That's a good point. Two ways to address this - one is the UK's own monitoring of the Internet which probably is in force as we debate, but more importantly, these misguided zealots must also communicate with known preachers in their mosques. As to the M community weeding the preachers out, I doubt very much that they would risk their own families' lives  which is understandable, but definitely those preachers are now permitted to air their extremist views in the media should be deported. That's the ongoing problem the country faces.

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

You're right, there's no reason to assume the US sources are correct until UK sources confirm this.

But I repeat an earlier post, it will be interesting to find out whether US sources are lying - or Brit. authorities are hiding the truth.

I can't think of any reason why Brit. authorities would (eventually...) not state that it was a suicide bomber - if this turns out to be the case.

Suprise, suprise - BBC is now stating it was a lone bomber.....  Not sure whether to laugh at the naivety/gullibility of some posters, or cry  - edit those who were coming up with excuses as to why this information had not been released....

Just now, Grouse said:

Capital punishment is barbaric, it doesn't work as a threat and it just encourages the recruiting sergeants. No, wrong solution.

Also if these suicide bombers are willing to end their own lives, capital punishment cannot be effective, can it?

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

I agree.

As soon as Western countries started getting involved in moslem countries (to protect their business interests) - it was clearly only a matter of time until the extremists started a terrorist campaign :sad:.

Most in the UK missed this crucial point, and (lead by the media....) were gung ho about getting involved in middle-east wars....

And you would probably be the first to complain if you couldn't get fuel to run your car or heat/cool your home.

Oil is the lifeblood of the west, that's why we have to get involved.

57 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm not saying it wouldn't feel good.  But we're better than that.  

Freedoms that we enjoy aren't easy.    Millions of our country men fought and died for them.   And once the government starts collective punishment, where are they going to stop?

If your cousin gets banged up for trafficking drugs, they can knock down your house because he comes over on Christmas?

On an aside, had we read the same headline when I was a kid, we'd be writing about the damned Irish...

I really think its time to stop messing around and took robust action.

If you don't like the demolishions idea, there are many other options......

Just now, Grouse said:

Capital punishment is barbaric, it doesn't work as a threat and it just encourages the recruiting sergeants. No, wrong solution.

I tend to agree, but the question was asked if the death sentence was reenacted by Parliament for acts of terrorism resulting in death would you support. However, I most definitely would not support collective punishment as proposed by you.

5 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Suprise, suprise - BBC is now stating it was a lone bomber.....  Not sure whether to laugh at the naivety/gullibility of some posters, or cry  - edit those who were coming up with excuses as to why this information had not been released....

Do what you want, I would still rather wait then listen to US speculation

Archived