British police says responding to serious incident at Manchester Arena

webfact

4 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

transam, the West is bombing middle east cities as we debate this, killing many innocent kids - it's called collateral damage. There are hundreds of thousand refugees and displaced people all over the world. Maybe this one zealot thought as you do, enough is enough.

Living in the UK or Europe is like living in a protective bubble of what atrocities are being incurred all over the globe. Why? It's as one poster said. OIL interests to run your car or your heating/cooling.  

We are in the oil age, the countries that have the oil are making zillions of $ because the west got it out of the ground for them so they didn't have to fool around on camels..Stuff will move on and oil will become obsolete, same as the coal age is going to be history.

ISIS has nothing to do with oil, well perhaps a little, the conflict is about nuts just killing folk for nothing, even their own. Don't forget, many countries, even Muslim countries, have come together to take them out....In the UK, Germany etc, many families were killed because of one mans dreams....Stuff we have to deal with and move on..

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Caps said:

I was not up to the US Officials to say anything, its down to the British Government/Police....BUT no, they just can not help themselves.....maybe if they kept their noses out of other peoples problems the world might be a better place

In a topic on the ISIS terrorist slaughter of teenagers, your focus is on criticizing the US?

4 minutes ago, Usernames said:

In a topic on the ISIS terrorist slaughter of teenagers, your focus is on criticizing the US?

Yes  

I have said my condolences but don't appreciate others sticking their nose in, just let us deal with it as we see fit 

2 hours ago, Flustered said:

Stop baiting. You know exactly what he means.

This is a sick attack from sick people.

Unless the Muslim community step up to the plate and start to report these people rather than hide them, things will only get worse. The answer is in the hands of the Muslim community......Country first, religion second.

Sorry but I am not baiting I really want to know what he is referring to.

I have no words or not the right words to express my total revulsion. Targeting our children is a cowardly act. My thoughts are with the families of those killed and injured.

A very sad day for society as a whole.

45 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

We should take a step back from this atrocity. A lone bomber was responsible for the deaths of 22 people and 50+ injured (more people are killed and injured on the roads in a week, but that isn't headlines across every newspaper). The concert's capacity was 21,000. The UK contains 65 million citizens.

Yes, it was a barbaric act, yes there should be action taken by the UK, yes there should be mourning by the relatives, but put this into perspective and not engage in gung-ho suggestions to wipe all muslims off the face of the earth or bring back capital punishment - these are extreme measure to resolve the actions of one zealot. 

"these are extreme measure to resolve the actions of one more zealot. "

Yes it is all over the news.  Suicide bomber which means certainly a terrorist attack.  It has been said for a long time that it was never a matter of "if" but "when".  Business as usual in Manchester today and everywhere in Britain.  That's the best way to react to this!

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

Yes it is all over the news.  Suicide bomber which means certainly a terrorist attack.  It has been said for a long time that it was never a matter of "if" but "when".  Business as usual in Manchester today and everywhere in Britain.  That's the best way to react to this!

Exactly the right way to deal with this. Don't give them anything to feed on. 

56 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

transam, the West is bombing middle east cities as we debate this, killing many innocent kids - it's called collateral damage. There are hundreds of thousand refugees and displaced people all over the world. Maybe this one zealot thought as you do, enough is enough.

Living in the UK or Europe is like living in a protective bubble of what atrocities are being incurred all over the globe. Why? It's as one poster said. OIL interests to run your car or your heating/cooling.  

Wrong on so many levels.

Yes the killing of kids over there is collateral damage.  This was a targeted attack on a public arena that the bomber knew would be heavily populated by kids.  Big difference.

Yes, these atrocities are being committed (not incurred - someone us always responsible) all over the world, largely in the name of a religion firmly and deliberately rooted in the middle ages.  Our "protective bubble", as you so flippantly put it, is a result of our having evolved into a modern day society with modern day cultures and norms.

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

We should take a step back from this atrocity. A lone bomber was responsible for the deaths of 22 people and 50+ injured (more people are killed and injured on the roads in a week, but that isn't headlines across every newspaper). The concert's capacity was 21,000. The UK contains 65 million citizens.

Yes, it was a barbaric act, yes there should be action taken by the UK, yes there should be mourning by the relatives, but put this into perspective and not engage in gung-ho suggestions to wipe all muslims off the face of the earth or bring back capital punishment - these are extreme measure to resolve the actions of one zealot. 

One zealot! That's a good one!  :biggrin:

And, of course, he acted totally alone, obtained the materials himself, constructed the bomb by himself, etc., yes?

I'm not even going to address your euphemistic misuse of the descriptive word "zealot".

R.I.P. to the victims and condolences to their families and friends.

Suicide bomber in the crowd, confirmed.

Children among the dead.

My family is shocked, and wishes to express its anger and frustration about the fact that there are people out there who's mission is to kill, no matter who and as many as they can.

Heart broken for the family's who lost their loved ones, condolences  offered and a  speedy recovery of normality and wounded!

2017.unbelievable earth!

4 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

One zealot! That's a good one!  :biggrin:

And, of course, he acted totally alone, obtained the materials himself, constructed the bomb by himself, etc., yes?

I'm not even going to address your euphemistic misuse of the descriptive word "zealot".

Probably not. Hopefully the authorities are on the trail of others involved.

BTW - one meaning of Zealot does not relate to Judaism  - a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals. 

14 minutes ago, morrobay said:

I'm waiting for the report that the bomber was on the "radar"  Isn't high time for those on radar be rounded up and put on a boat. 

There are hundreds on the radar just like there are thousands of possible paedophiles on the radar as well.  The vast majority are born and bred in the UK so I am not sure where the boat would be going? 

8 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Probably not. Hopefully the authorities are on the trail of others involved.

BTW - one meaning of Zealot does not relate to Judaism  - a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals. 

You just don't get it!  May I suggest mass murderer, <removed>

17 minutes ago, saminoz said:

Wrong on so many levels.

Yes the killing of kids over there is collateral damage.  This was a targeted attack on a public arena that the bomber knew would be heavily populated by kids.  Big difference.

Yes, these attricitues are being committed (not incurred - someone us always responsible) all over the world, largely in the name of a religion firmly and deliberately rooted in the middle ages.  Our "protective bubble", as you so flippantly put it, is a result of our having evolved into a modern day society with modern day cultures and norms.

Not really, but your viewpoint is a one-way mirror.

5 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

You just don't get it!  May I suggest mass murderer?

Ok. I don't get it. <removed>

Manchester police now surmising they know who it was that committed the atrocity.....how surprising but thats our mamba pampy attitude we take in the UK.....lock all unproven but suspected terrorists up indefinately pending deportation

25 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Exactly the right way to deal with this. Don't give them anything to feed on. 

14 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

There are hundreds on the radar just like there are thousands of possible paedophiles on the radar as well.  The vast majority are born and bred in the UK so I am not sure where the boat would be going? 

Just to clarify...

is your stance that we should sit back and do nothing, no retaliation, no rounding up of suspects or associates, just let the terrorists carry out their acts?

What would you suggest we do?

UPDATE:

British police say 22, including children, killed in suicide attack at concert

REUTERS

r19.jpg

Forensic police search the Manchester Arena in Manchester, Britain May 23, 2017. REUTERS/Andrew Yates

MANCHESTER, England (Reuters) - British police said 22 people including some children were killed in a suicide attack carried out by one man after a Ariana Grande concert in Manchester on Monday.

Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/984510-british-police-say-22-including-children-killed-in-suicide-attack-at-concert/

UPDATE:

Factbox: What do we know about the attack at Ariana Grande concert in Britain?

REUTERS

r21.jpg

Vehicles are seen near a police cordon outside the Manchester Arena, where U.S. singer Ariana Grande had been performing, in Manchester, northern England, Britain, May 23, 2017. REUTERS/Andrew Yates

MANCHESTER, England (Reuters) - At least 22 people, including children, were killed and 59 wounded by a suicide bomber as thousands of fans streamed out of a concert by U.S. singer Ariana Grande in the English city of Manchester on Monday.

Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/984513-factbox-what-do-we-know-about-the-attack-at-ariana-grande-concert-in-britain/

15 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Revoke their citizenship and send back to country of origin going back three generations. Pro active = preventative 

Just now, Flustered said:

Just to clarify...

is your stance that we should sit back and do nothing, no retaliation, no rounding up of suspects or associates, just let the terrorists carry out their acts?

No, my stance is just the opposite. We certainly don't  want to show we've been affected by splashing it all over the media - it only makes them feel they've achieved the terror they hoped for. Glorifies their despicable acts.  I suggest we do exactly as you suggested, but under the radar. Keep the media out of it for such acts. And bravo, Manchester, for acting as business as usual.

Just now, stephenterry said:

No, my stance is just the opposite. We certainly don't  want to show we've been affected by splashing it all over the media - it only makes them feel they've achieved the terror they hoped for. Glorifies their despicable acts.  I suggest we do exactly as you suggested, but under the radar. Keep the media out of it for such acts. And bravo, Manchester, for acting as business as usual.

Thanks for the clarification.

Sometimes it's hard to tell an FMs viewpoint but this clarifies. I agree.

2 minutes ago, Flustered said:

Just to clarify...

There have been hundreds of people arrested and many charged and that is ongoing every week.  The UK has a brilliant record in uncovering and stopping these terrorist cells and lot's of planned attacks have been intercepted.  Much of it thanks to the vigilance of the Muslim communities.  What I suggest we do is carry on with what we are doing, taking out suspected terrorists as they are unearthed.  Knee jerk responses are non productive.  I have faith in our security services, obviously you don't?

Manchester police now surmising they know who it was that committed the atrocity.....how surprising but thats our mamba pampy attitude we take in the UK.....lock all unproven but suspected terrorists up indefinately pending deportation

Where do you suggest they are deported to? Deporting them to the ISIS caliphate won't help much!

Just to clarify...

How about putting them in prison.

4 minutes ago, Chivas said:

facebook and twitter banned (blocked) within the uk would be a good start where they spread their hate

I understand that view but facebook and twitter are being used to search for information on those missing or by those who are reassuring friends and relatives that they are safe and well.  Like it or not (I don't!) facebook and other social media outlets are part and parcel of life today.

Archived