Pattaya - MapTaPhut road a third complete - opening expected 2019

webfact

Pattaya - MapTaPhut road a third complete - opening expected 2019

2am.jpg

Picture: Tidkhao News

PATTAYA: -- The highways department has said that the Route 7 extension from Pattaya to Mataphut in Rayong is now 32% complete.

The 32 kilometer road will traverse the Bang Lamung district through to Satahip then on to Rayong.

Highways chief Thanin Somboon said that the four year, 14,200 million baht project was on track and expected to open in 2019.

Source: Tidkhao News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-24

7 minutes ago, Jack Mountain said:

Any map with the new roads in it?

Maps in Thailand you have got to be kidding

Am still waiting for a decent map of the proposed rail system upgrade and the new routes

Thais are always bragging that they have never been colonized, what they forget to mention is that since cartography is a lost art here, their enemies could not find them 

4 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Thanks Lennie - any with English?

I havent seen any, but should be easy enough to get your bearings on that one from Sukhumvit and the 331 if you look at google maps.

6 minutes ago, wanderluster said:

i think that the connection to sukhumvit is just south of the ambassador hotel.

At the southern end it's connected to Sukhumvit just to the west of Banchang. There are already carriageway diversions on Sukhumvit at that point. The map shows a spur towards Maptaphut alongside the railway line which they don't seem to have started yet. It doesn't appear to join up directly with the existing "bypass/new road", and the stretch delineated in purple seems to end at the Phala-Tesco road, so will require some re-jigging of the existing roads and junctions to avoid chaos.

4 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Thais are always bragging that they have never been colonized, what they forget to mention is that since cartography is a lost art here, their enemies could not find them 

and it's still better than becoming slaves of foreign "misters in pith helmets"

1 hour ago, wanderluster said:

i think that the connection to sukhumvit is just south of the ambassador hotel.

km 157 + 317 m :smile:

That is opposite the "Dor Shada", almost down to Ocean Marina club.

(I must admit I never heard about "Dor Shada")

3.4.jpg

This is a street view from August 2016 looking from this Dor Shada to an open space. Likely that this is the "landing point".

https://goo.gl/maps/ALUqPow1UBN2

A spelling troll post has been removed:

The ThaiVisa News Team gathers and disseminates news bulletins from Thai and International sources, and republishes them in the News Forums for our members' information and enjoyment. Our News Team works hard to bring quality content to the News Forums, and should be respected for their efforts.
Comments such as "slow news day" or "clickbait headline" are neither respectful nor welcome on the forum, and will be considered as troll comments and removed and the offending poster warned and/or suspended accordingly.
Except as otherwise indicated in the byline, news bulletins are reprinted verbatim from a mass media source which has given TV permission to use its feed. 
Original articles, especially in the Thai press, often have grammatical mistakes or misspellings. ThaiVisa is not responsible for these nor does ThaiVisa have the rights to alter content it is reprinting from another source. Similarly, ThaiVisa is not responsible for any opinions reflected  or quoted in reprinted news stories.

15 hours ago, thinkingman said:

I am hoping spur to Ban Amphur opens earlier.  Depends on the SSCC flyover and connection to existing 7 flyover, I guess. Anyway, one can hope. 

Not me, am scared that it will be like the new road junction on Suk to that previous wasteland South of Chaiyaphruek, that only leads Northbound on Sukumvit

Seems to me that Ocean Marina will either have to sell them a big hunk of land or they will have to seize it under eminent domain in order to build access to both North and South bound lanes of Sukumvit 

14 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Not me, am scared that it will be like the new road junction on Suk to that previous wasteland South of Chaiyaphruek, that only leads Northbound on Sukumvit

Seems to me that Ocean Marina will either have to sell them a big hunk of land or they will have to seize it under eminent domain in order to build access to both North and South bound lanes of Sukumvit 

The problem with Jomtien second/Suk intersection is that you have to go all the way to Chaiyaphruek to make a u turn to head south.  There are several U-turns a couple of hundred meters south of the proposed intersection, so it would be a lot easier to head north.  I thought that the original design had a flyover from the extension to northbound Suk, but I may be mistaken.

6 hours ago, thinkingman said:

I thought that the original design had a flyover from the extension to northbound Suk, but I may be mistaken.

I thought so also from a drone photo here at TV.  Turns out that photo was from the proposed connection South bound from the new road, not at the West bound, spur end, which is at Ocean Marina 

20 hours ago, johng said:

Ocean marina is on the other side of Sukhumvit northbound western side,the junction is on the southbound eastern aide of Sukhumvit there shouldn't be a need to seize land.

My point exactly, if there is not a Northbound entrance on Suk then we will have another situation of cars having to cross 3 or 4 lanes of traffic to get to the next U turn, which in this case is only 114 meters from the proposed intersection, similar to the U turn problem at Makro. The next available U turn will be .52 kilometers South in Ban Amphur   

My point exactly, if there is not a Northbound entrance on Suk then we will have another situation of cars having to cross 3 or 4 lanes of traffic to get to the next U turn, which in this case is only 114 meters from the proposed intersection, similar to the U turn problem at Makro. The next available U turn will be .52 kilometers South in Ban Amphur   

I'm sure some rumble strips,signs a few flashing lights and solid white line will deter all but the most amuleted of drivers from doing a kamikaze U-turn :P

On 5/24/2017 at 8:30 AM, Langsuan Man said:

Maps in Thailand you have got to be kidding

Am still waiting for a decent map of the proposed rail system upgrade and the new routes

Seems more the case that the potential colonizers simply couldn't find the maps.