AIS Fibre - More details please.

ravip

Speed depends on peak usage and bandwidth availability. So far I'm quite happy with my 75/10 package. I can get max speed for local servers most of the time and TV box streaming works well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm fairly sure that they have a published FUP, but I can't find it on-line with a quick search, nor in the materials on hand as a result of several installations.

You may have to ask for it from AIS. It would obviously be subject to change.

I haven't seen any indications of FUP controls but imagine these might kick in extreme conditions?

Never heard or read about FUP on "fixed line" connections.

(different for mobile of course)

I am on ToT fiber and use 200 GB/month or more per month.

(mainly from streaming TV in HD)

I'm pretty sure that the NBTC Fair Use Policy is probably more along the lines of "net-neutrality"?

But I still think AIS does have to have a published FUP even though it might be very vague, and not reference exact figures?

And since it subject to change, I'm not sure what the OP is looking for in terms of guaranteed service levels? For that sort of thing you'd have to move into a more business-oriented package.

In short yes it is good :) I am happy with it.

Been using it since it came out in my old condo and moved to a new place and been using it here for 6 months and no issues.

Don't know how much BW i am using monthly but with 2 kids streaming videos all the time and me sometimes downloading 5+GB files i am sure it ads up.

20 minutes ago, Siamjim said:

located in udonthani i love it but customer service takes long with lots of send this that to us and when they do send out the repair team sometimes it takes 2 days..

Correct, no problem with product but the repair service is poor. Mine went down due to storm on Thurs and took until Tues to ge repaired 

On 5/24/2017 at 11:02 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Never heard or read about FUP on "fixed line" connections.

(different for mobile of course)

I am on ToT fiber and use 200 GB/month or more per month.

(mainly from streaming TV in HD)

Like !

how much does ToT charge for fiber 200 GB  or more per month? and what does that mean 200 or more? 

streaming TV one would pass 200 GB after a few days of heavy usage I would think.

11 minutes ago, Minnehaha said:

how much does ToT charge for fiber 200 GB  or more per month? and what does that mean 200 or more? 

ToT has different packages.

I have 50/20 Mbit/s for about 800 Baht.

And it does NOT charge for data volume (real flat).

I thought this was clear already.

200 GB in a few days??

A good quality TV stream is about 1 GB per hour.

What I refer to as "good quality" is a 720p.

I am not aware about UHD which is unrealistic in Thailand anyway.

"200 GB or more": well that's a guess/estimate.

I don't have a counter/log running and of course it can vary heavily.

For comparison;

FUP tariffs in Germany start at 75 GB and go up to 300 GB (last time I checked).

AIS fiber optic is better and more reliable than the connection we had from True.  That's not saying much, True was a joke.  AIS fiber optic is not going to give you the speed or reliability/consistency of a 50mb connection in the US or Canada.  It worked very well for the first 3 months after it was set up.  Not so good now but acceptable.

6 hours ago, chilli42 said:

AIS fiber optic is better and more reliable than the connection we had from True.  That's not saying much, True was a joke.  AIS fiber optic is not going to give you the speed or reliability/consistency of a 50mb connection in the US or Canada.  It worked very well for the first 3 months after it was set up.  Not so good now but acceptable.

true is indeed rubbish! they should rename to false or untrue if they're to stay "true" to their service.

to OP, i have TOT fiber optic at home, but most of my neighbors have switched from either true or TOT to AIS and they are all happy with it. decent speed, reliable, good promotions specially if you're also an AIS mobile subscriber.

Been on AIS Fibre now for 2 months, cheapest package 599 baht , I'm very happy with it, its very stable compared with 3BB, in my area Pattaya Naklua.  . Both with or without VPN the quality of the video streams have been good.    

Edited by balo

Thank you very much for all the information provided.

I posed the question as I was wondering which package to choose. As I am not really a very heavy user, I do stream a couple of movies on and off.

Now, I could start low and go up if necessary.

4k unrealistic in Thailand? Netflix UHD is perfect on 3bb 200/50.

I'm fairly sure that they have a published FUP, but I can't find it on-line with a quick search, nor in the materials on hand as a result of several installations.

You may have to ask for it from AIS. It would obviously be subject to change.

I haven't seen any indications of FUP controls but imagine these might kick in extreme conditions?

located in udonthani i love it but customer service takes long with lots of send this that to us and when they do send out the repair team sometimes it takes 2 days..

200 GB in a few days??

For comparison;
FUP tariffs in Germany start at 75 GB and go up to 300 GB (last time I checked).

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Hands down AIS Fibre is the best option.Over the years I have used some of the other big companies( sorry, but I don't want to mention names) and their services were crap and I had other problems . In my opinion, AIS is the only way to go and I have had no problems with them. 

On 5/25/2017 at 11:32 AM, KhunBENQ said:

200 GB in a few days??

For comparison;

Thanks for ckarifications. V useful. Cheers

Yes  ravip that would be the way to go . I personally changed from TOT but not fiber an ADSL but was never delivered what was paid for. AIS Fiber came through my small village and many including myself switched. Very happy with service and consistency of signal. I have the lowest pakage at 20 /10. But it is always there. I am doing the same thing as other have suggested go small and find out your needs and upgrade when necessary. all the best 

Randell

On 5/28/2017 at 10:41 AM, Randell said:

Yes  ravip that would be the way to go . I personally changed from TOT but not fiber an ADSL but was never delivered what was paid for. AIS Fiber came through my small village and many including myself switched. Very happy with service and consistency of signal. I have the lowest pakage at 20 /10. But it is always there. I am doing the same thing as other have suggested go small and find out your needs and upgrade when necessary. all the best 

Randell

Yes, last Saturday AIS came and installed the connection. We too opted for the lowest package and will see how it works out in the future, and upgrade if necessary.

I pay 495 baht a month for AIS Fibre (including playbox) they even bought it down the lane from the main road to our house...seems to be good had it nearly 6 months with only a couple of blips where it's gone off for a while.

• 1 month later...