Phuket driver’s arm severed in accident while delivering tourists to airport

webfact

On 5/24/2017 at 2:14 AM, zaphod reborn said:

An arm is frequently severed in an accident when the driver has his arm extended outside the window and the vehicle overturns.  Keeping your arms and legs inside the vehicle a safety tip that is rarely mentioned. 

Yep.  On my first trip over there I was on a baht bus, had my arm kind of outside/inside resting on the cross bars.  The vehicle nicked a parked car and my elbow got knocked back inside the truck.  Luckily we had just hit an adjustable side view mirror of a parked truck.  But I quickly realized the error of my ways and don't do that anymore.  Simple things,

not simple things ,  common sense.  One knows not to have any part of the body overhanging from a train, tuk tuk, pickup or similar .... 

it's the same as never get out of a taxi from the right hand side door , just common sense.

you are lucky only your elbow was exposed ....

Edited by steven100

On 24/05/2017 at 7:07 PM, Inepto Cracy said:

Maybe don't mention the PI Lawyer bit. "  After five minutes of searching the undergrowth, rescue workers also found Mr Thawin’s severed left arm and rushed that to hospital also.    "

Obviously just a translation issue, what they actually meant was they rushed the arm that was left in the undergrowth to hospital :coffee1:

On 2017-05-24 at 0:30 PM, LivinginKata said:

That's an impressive wreck.  How the 2 pax survived with no injuries is amazing.

They're from Iraqi...that's gotta be just a minor hic-up compared to the daily events back home.