PM confident ‘bad guys’ behind Bangkok hospital blast would be captured soon

snoop1130

PM confident ‘bad guys’ behind Bangkok hospital blast would be captured soon

By The Nation

9b92ec4b38f57f97a207957a17876819.jpeg

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha on Wednesday said the “bad guys” behind the bombing at Phramongkutklao Hospital would soon be caught.

“It happened at a place where it should never have. There’s no other reason but because those bad guys are still there,” Prayut said. “We have to get rid of these bad people and it’s time for us to get in hands together.”

Meanwhile, Deputy Defence Minister General Udomdej Sitabutr said that security officers were probing a threatening letter, claimed to be issued by the Barisan Revolusi Nasional movement, following Prayut’s order to accelerate investigation into the case.

Security has been tightened at other hospitals, Udomdej said.

“There have been threats following bombings in front of the National Theatre and the Government Lottery Office,” he said. "But we never thought that it would ever happen at a place like a hospital.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30316208

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-5-24

It must be horribly embarrassing for them that in the UK, the police have arrested four people inside 36 hours of the Manchester bombing (and that's after the bomber blew himself up), and yet here they are no further forward then when they started.

I have said before the cops here couldn't find their ass in the dark without a flashlight and a minimum of three informants. I do not expect arrests.

Unless a couple of Burmese can be framed and confessions beaten out of them of course.

Edited by darksidedog

4 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

said the “bad guys” behind the bombing at Phramongkutklao Hospital would soon be caught.

They know the portraitures were bad but not much else.  Again the general is being vague with the specifics as to how they will be apprehended. 

2 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

army school

I thought they only taught Corruption, Facebook Snooping, Propaganda and how to scare the sh>t out of unarmed civilians.

They do a good line in shooting them too, don't forget...

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

It must be horribly embarrassing for them that in the UK, the police have arrested four people inside 36 hours of the Manchester bombing (and that's after the bomber blew himself up), and yet here they are no further forward then when they started.

I have said before the cops here couldn't find their ass in the dark without a flashlight and a minimum of three informants. I do not expect arrests.

Unless a couple of Burmese can be framed and confessions beaten out of them of course.

not really embarrassing, the uk has extremely professional, competent, well trained police and security services who are committed to their role i serving and protecting the public.

thailand doesn't, and no one seriously expects the authorities to do or achieve anything apart from making pointless noise.

What happened to "Good guys in, bad guys out"?

I thought that once all the English teachers had been thrown out, Thailand would become some kind of paradise on earth?

Must act now - double all charges for foreigners, and deport anyone who can speak English.

Just do like the Shrine-bombing case and let the chief of police put a million baht cash on the head of the bombers. That worked well last time. 

Only this time make sure the person with the golden tip gets the reward, not the police.

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“bad guys” behind the bombing at Phramongkutklao Hospital would soon be caught.

I understand  "The Check is in the mail"  also General.

“It happened at a place where it should never have. There’s no other reason but because those bad guys are still there,” Prayut said. “We have to get rid of these bad people and it’s time for us to get in hands together.”

Maybe the translation isn't perfect, but the passage here doesn't make a lot of sense.  
But then what the man says often doesn't make a lot of sense.  

13 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Thailand always finds people to stand trial for these high profile crimes.

Various "authorities" seem to be floating just about every potential party. Maybe they're doing this to keep the perpetrators "off-balance"?

It seems like a lot of these smaller bombings never really get "solved"?

It will be wise for the Thai military to get in touch with the Phil intelligence on the surge of IS related activities in Mindanao. Abu Sayyaf terrorist group has been trying to unite all groups that pledged allegiance to IS and will see the Thailand insurgents as a prize ally. 

10 hours ago, samsensam said:

not really embarrassing, the uk has extremely professional, competent, well trained police and security services who are committed to their role i serving and protecting the public.

thailand doesn't, and no one seriously expects the authorities to do or achieve anything apart from making pointless noise.

Weren't we told though that the Thai police follow the same textbook as the UK police. This was one the 'assurances' made by Prayut during the Koh Tao murders investigation.

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

it’s time for us to get in hands together.”

"us" ?

He must referring to the military as the NCPO has effectively tied Thai People's hands from taking any public actions. But if he's serious, strike Article 44 from the Interim Charter and Article 265 from the 2017 Constitution. Then he'll see what the Thai People's hands really can do.