Tougher than ever to take your Thai lady home.....

SunsetT

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they win the upcoming election

if? who else stands any chance of winning? Corbyn and Abbott with their magic money tree? the cheery happy clappy Farron? the Greens who are manipulating the election by tacticly not standing in some consistencies, one policy UKIP...?

Basically its a cut back on non EU Immigration (the only one they have any say in). 160,000 last year down a (small) 40,000 on year before. Talk to most people about immigration from non EU countries----even the ones that have a connection to the UK---Jamaica/Pakistan/ India/  etc

And they dont want it--------unless it affects them.......................:coffee1:

Its always easy to hit the good immegrants , so they do it ,at the end of the day when the govt comes out and says "we have cut immegration " it looks good , but nobody asks "who were the ones you stopped"  invariably it was the ones that were no problem ,while the usual suspects just waltz in .

At this point in time----------they can only cut non EU immigration......(lets hope that changes)

So who is to decide who are the good ones ?--some lady you would like to bring over ? or some Indian Guys wife---or his mother.

Because there are quite a few females (including Thai women) who are living from the state benefits at this moment as solo mothers, etc

5 hours ago, SunsetT said:

New proposals from the Conservative Govt. will make it even tougher to take your Thai lady to live the UK with you.

I would say it's always been a difficult task,  l don't see it being any harder than it is already if you are officially married.

20 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

At this point in time----------they can only cut non EU immigration......(lets hope that changes)

So who is to decide who are the good ones ?--some lady you would like to bring over ? or some Indian Guys wife---or his mother.

Because there are quite a few females (including Thai women) who are living from the state benefits at this moment as solo mothers, etc

In the Netherlands your liable for the lady you take into the country.. if she divorces and lives on state costs you have to pay for it.

According to some.. good woman are those brought in by white males.. bad woman are those who are brought in by non whites. 

19 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I would say it's always been a difficult task,  l don't see it being any harder than it is already if you are officially married.

Quite right. If it is already out of the question. it cannot get any harder.

28 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

If you have refuge status you can send for all your family and live quite a happy life on benefits

Oh yes just jump on the nearest airline & fly in........you might even be lucky and get an upgrade to business class..............:coffee1:

30 minutes ago, robblok said:

In the Netherlands your liable for the lady you take into the country.. if she divorces and lives on state costs you have to pay for it.

According to some.. good woman are those brought in by white males.. bad woman are those who are brought in by non whites. 

Not sure abut the UK, but the US checks into the backgrounds of the women. Closely checked is the background of the women.  Even if married, the checks continue.

2 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Are you upset because a few males (including Thai males) can't claim state benefits as they can't possibly be solo mothers?

Or are you upset by what appears to be an outbreak of immaculate conceptions?

1 hour ago, lungnorm said:

Why would anyone in their right mind wish to take their Thai wife to the UK? and expose her to all the crap that drove you to go to Thailand ?

Their mind may be sound but maybe their finances are precarious.

17 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Are you upset because a few males (including Thai males) can't claim state benefits as they can't possibly be solo mothers?

Sorry Nan....--your post-- its a little over my head...maybe that's my fault-- do you think I am a Thai male----or do you think I live in the UK.....I left over 50 years ago---no pension.

The perception I alluded to is that everyone is against immigration...until it affects you personally.

I dont like to see a guy that has a close connection with a lady have to jump through hoops... but that's what all the other Non EU candidates do, & just because it seems there are many more brown faces around doesn't mean they haven't had to go through the same process.

As with Gaining the refugee status 38K applied last year---18K passed ....18K is hardly the number that some posters feel is swamping the country. The numbers come from the EU......and look out when the Rumanian's  are given schengen in a year or so's time....hope Mrs May hurries before that...........................:coffee1:

http://redcross.org.uk/en/What-we-do/Refugee-support/Refugee-facts-and-figures

The UK received 38,878 asylum applications 2015-- Just 45 per cent of cases were granted asylum

Edited by oxo1947

Two points - the Tories don't care how they achieve their reduction target. But soft easy targets will always be first. Secondly, the convenience, happiness, welfare, of poor people isn't in their make up. They will govern for what get's them re-elected and to please their wealthy friends.

Love, relationships, families, citizens rights - not something high on their agenda and never will be. 

If you've got money then you can do what you want. If not, sorry, the government decided for you and the answer is no.

Not about serving the electorate but about serving themselves and their rich friends.

I see nothing wrong with this, the current threshold is only £18,600 and rises if the spouse has non European children. In my opinion if a person wants to marry someone who is not a British citizen then that person needs to be aware of ALL his or her responsibilities including the financial aspects. Life is tough, if you are a pauper and fall in love with someone from a foreign country either go live there or get off your arse and earn more, don't bring your loved one to Britain and expect the tax payer to pay for their life and yours. In the event that for some physical or mental reason you cannot go and earn more, then I am sorry I refer you back to my statement "life is tough".

Mr Banks   Sir you are 100% correct, if you marry and want to take your wife, you should you should have sufficient funds available to provide for her, not rely on state handouts.

Edited by colinneil

11 hours ago, samsensam said:

if they win the upcoming election

if? who else stands any chance of winning? Corbyn and Abbott with their magic money tree? the cheery happy clappy Farron? the Greens who are manipulating the election by tacticly not standing in some consistencies, one policy UKIP...?

A poll in The Times today shows the Tory lead has been cut from 24 points when the election was called to five points now.

40 minutes ago, MrBanks said:

I see nothing wrong with this, the current threshold is only £18,600 and rises if the spouse has non European children. In my opinion if a person wants to marry someone who is not a British citizen then that person needs to be aware of ALL his or her responsibilities including the financial aspects. Life is tough, if you are a pauper and fall in love with someone from a foreign country either go live there or get off your arse and earn more, don't bring your loved one to Britain and expect the tax payer to pay for their life and yours. In the event that for some physical or mental reason you cannot go and earn more, then I am sorry I refer you back to my statement "life is tough".

As far as I am aware the threshold is based on the British person's income only. The Thai wife could be a millionaire but that isn't relevant, so the policy is entirely racist and not economic. Also, if the UK person relied entirely on his government pension - set by the government - he wouldn't qualify, so that is a covert way of preventing a UK citizen bringing his Thai spouse to live in the UK.

24 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Mr Banks   Sir you are 100% correct, if you marry and want to take your wife, you should you should have sufficient funds available to provide for her, not rely on state handouts.

Quite agree gentlemen. Sadly the state will hand out houses and social security the minute they get divorced and are left destitute, as I've seen with Thai ladies my wife knows. I even know of one who then teamed up with a Thai man who subsequently financed her to buy the council house under the right to buy scheme and now owns the place at a knock down price thanks to us UK taxpayers.

Pity the Thai government don't reciprocate with British husbands when their wives clean them out. Not that I have that problem. Aside from that it would be nice to be able to simply reside here without all the extensions hassle.

To the original post, it is a shame as there are many genuine applicants. I obtained naturalization and a UK passport for my wife with relative ease about 20 years ago. It was a darned sight easier and cheaper than obtaining a 12 month marriage extension in Thailand, and she did not have to report in every 90 days.

15 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

As far as I am aware the threshold is based on the British person's income only. The Thai wife could be a millionaire but that isn't relevant, so the policy is entirely racist and not economic. Also, if the UK person relied entirely on his government pension - set by the government - he wouldn't qualify, so that is a covert way of preventing a UK citizen bringing his Thai spouse to live in the UK.

I don't think there needs to be anything covert about it. If the pension is insufficient to support the pensioner and his wife and he has no other source of income, why should she be allowed in. The only exception would be if the wife is quite capable of supporting herself on her own funds, then I see no problem with that. 

In my case I won't even be entitled to a pension, having only paid a year or so's contributions. 

Edited by GarryP

As far as I am aware the threshold is based on the British person's income only. The Thai wife could be a millionaire but that isn't relevant, so the policy is entirely racist and not economic...

Actually, I am pretty sure this is not true -- I checked into it a couple of months ago.

I am American, my wife is a British citizen. She is currently not working, but raising our small child (British/American) and has only some investment income.

I believe I could settle with her in the UK if we wished, either based on my own income or my assets. At least that's how I read the rule. It would be quite a shock to find otherwise. (We will return to US or UK mostly for child educational purposes).

Not sure if this would change with the new rules as proposed.

6 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Oh yes just jump on the nearest airline & fly in........you might even be lucky and get an upgrade to business class..............:coffee1:

No, 'thats not the way to do it',you need to sneak into the back of a UK heading lorry, or walk the channel tunnel, you get extra points and a better property upgrade for that one,or, sneak onto a channel crossing boat, or, get a rubber dingy, or, get onto another nearer to 'home base' people traffickers group and be fast shipped over to a few yards from the British coastline where they will make a 'Mayday' call for you just before they do a runner back for the next load ,then the illegals will be picked up by the nice coastguard people and taxied free of charge to the land of freebies, there are other ways.

4 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Sorry Nan....--your post-- its a little over my head...maybe that's my fault-- do you think I am a Thai male----or do you think I live in the UK.....I left over 50 years ago---no pension.

The perception I alluded to is that everyone is against immigration...until it affects you personally.

I dont like to see a guy that has a close connection with a lady have to jump through hoops... but that's what all the other Non EU candidates do, & just because it seems there are many more brown faces around doesn't mean they haven't had to go through the same process.

As with Gaining the refugee status 38K applied last year---18K passed ....18K is hardly the number that some posters feel is swamping the country. The numbers come from the EU......and look out when the Rumanian's  are given schengen in a year or so's time....hope Mrs May hurries before that...........................:coffee1:

http://redcross.org.uk/en/What-we-do/Refugee-support/Refugee-facts-and-figures

The UK received 38,878 asylum applications 2015-- Just 45 per cent of cases were granted asylum

Thanks for the figures and link. I think that most of the noisiest complainants about UK immigration confuse the EU's Freedom of Movement act with refugee claims. The media doesn't help. For example, when they focused on the relatively few who broke into lorries at Calais or were otherwise caught in smuggling operations. Instead of headlining with "Kent police apprehended 5 illegal refugees outside Dover this morning" it should have been, "About 6000 migrants with absolutely no chance of seeing the white cliffs of Dover woke up still stuck in Calais this morning."

Back on topic; the current governments 'one-size fits all' approach to selective immigration is a bloody disgrace though.

Edited by NanLaew

1 hour ago, eddysmit said:

... you need to sneak into the back of a UK heading lorry, or walk the channel tunnel, you get extra points and a better property upgrade for that one,or, sneak onto a channel crossing boat, or, get a rubber dingy, or, get onto another nearer to 'home base' people traffickers group and be fast shipped over to a few yards from the British coastline where they will make a 'Mayday' call for you just before they do a runner back for the next load ,then the illegals will be picked up by the nice coastguard people and taxied free of charge to the land of freebies ...

I don't know what is worse; believing such rubbish or writing it.

On 5/26/2017 at 5:29 PM, NanLaew said:

I don't know what is worse; believing such rubbish or writing it.

Chill out and enjoy life, far too many sad miserable ones like you taking life so seriously, I still stick to what I said, that actually happens and is still happening, even though it was said as a form of humour.