Thai Immigration 90-day reporting service goes offline – again

snoop1130

Thai Immigration 90-day reporting service goes offline – again

The Phuket News

1495790723_1-org.jpg

The Thai immigration 90-day reporting web service is out of action – again. Photo: Screengrab via immigration.go.th

PHUKET:-- An official from the Phuket Immigration Office has confirmed that expats wanting to carry out their 90-day reporting online are currently unable to do so due to server issues in Bangkok.

The problem means that all expats needing to do their 90-day reporting must do so at one of the island’s immigration offices.

The Phuket News attempted to access the 90-day reporting webpage this morning (May 26) to find a message stating that the website is currently undergoing maintenance.

A Phuket Immigration official, who declined to be named, said “The website is another option for those people who need to do 90-day reporting. Unfortunately, as the website is currently not working they will need to report to the immigration office in Phuket Town or in Patong.

“It is not been active for a week. I don’t know how long it will take to fix the problem,” the official said.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/thai-immigration-90-day-reporting-service-goes-offline-again-62319.php#bm2grd1UCtbJ6f0X.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-5-26

15 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

“It is not been active for a week. I don’t know how long it will take to fix the problem,” the official said.

"It is not bee active for one month", I say.

1 hour ago, rebo said:

"It is not bee active for one month", I say.

Try 6 months.

6 months ago I tried online and it didn't work. I went to immigration and while they were processing my report I mentioned that the online reporting didn't work. The official laughed and said something to the effect that I shouldn't even bother trying.

I have sent the last two reports by mail. Easy, efficient and not too much bother.

12 hours ago, petedk said:

I have sent the last two reports by mail. Easy, efficient and not too much bother.

I still prefer to do it at the office (in Patong). The waiting time is less than at the post office... 7-eleven counter service might be a good idea.

Buriram office simply told me that I couldn't report on line, full stop.

This system was supposed to be up and going a least a couple of years ago. I think there are forces that don't want this to work, after all it is a fairly simple process.

13 hours ago, petedk said:

i too use the mail and it has worked fine for years; i have heard however that some imm offices will not process the mail option; likely as they are lazy to have to deal with the return letter they have to send; oops, 'supposed to send'

55 minutes ago, 1337markus said:

Why would Immigration want it to work?

Because it would save them work/time and visits by farangs who trample around.

And if you have a 200 km roundtrip to the office like me you would prefer it to work.

Goes to show you the inept work ethic If it were any other country the website would be up within hours. This is a public service and should not be unavailable Period

Who do you not have staff on payroll that can get a server up and running again if it is down And if you do have staff in IT then they should be fired for not being to 

do a job 

2 hours ago, maoro2013 said:

This system was supposed to be up and going a least a couple of years ago. I think there are forces that don't want this to work, after all it is a fairly simple process.

More like sheer technical incompetence.  Who in this day and age would develop a website that only worked with Internet Explorer when even Microsoft itself had ditched it for Edge? And if you actually look at the client side code, it's horrendous.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Because it would save them work/time and visits by farangs who trample around.

And if you have a 200 km roundtrip to the office like me you would prefer it to work.

That's true, but they won't want to let go of the authority they have over us, they just love that.

17 hours ago, petedk said:

Try 6 months.

6 months ago I tried online and it didn't work. I went to immigration and while they were processing my report I mentioned that the online reporting didn't work. The official laughed and said something to the effect that I shouldn't even bother trying.

Me to. They were lucky to even have a site working till now. A true miracle. 

18 hours ago, petedk said:

Try 6 months.

I have always driven an hour and a bit to Sakon Nakhon to do mine, but was hopeful of now doing it online as I only heard last month that it was up and running properly for once, guess that was a bad joke by someone.

I will now try the postal system (EMS) as others have also states its easy, that is until these guys sort out the mess, I would expect their insecurities with losing their jobs will come sooner or later as technology takes over the paper trailers, bringing them in line with the rest of the world, but I won't be holding my breath. 

It's certainly been down for at least 6 months now, with only very brief periods of operation scattered at times.

I've gone through two 90-day cycles of mailed-in reporting in BKK since the last (and final) time I was able to do one online. Before that, probably had a good two-years of 90-day reporting done entirely online.

On 5/27/2017 at 11:11 AM, Oxx said:

More like sheer technical incompetence.  Who in this day and age would develop a website that only worked with Internet Explorer when even Microsoft itself had ditched it for Edge? And if you actually look at the client side code, it's horrendous.

Someone who works at immigration did I would suspect This says a lot about the Thai government and its institutions 

On 5/27/2017 at 11:11 AM, Oxx said:

Plus IE always presented this warning and warned any browsers away from the site ... 

"The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority."