Murder, armed robbery, forgery – foreign criminal suspects nabbed in Thailand

webfact

Murder, armed robbery, forgery – foreign criminal suspects nabbed in Thailand 
By Supachai Phetchthewee
The Nation

c6f26d44a4fc1958cbdea5a2dad6b88d.jpeg

Immigration police presents one of the five trans-national criminal suspects recently arrested in Thailand to the press in Bangkok on Thursday.

BANGKOK: -- A suspect dubbed “Russia’s most-wanted” assassin, an armed robbery suspect, an escaped convict, a “mafia-style” fugitive and an alleged German counterfeiter were among the foreigners arrested recently in five separate busts in Thailand, Immigration police chief Pol Lt-General Natthorn Phrosunthorn told a press conference in Bangkok on Thursday.

As part of transnational criminal suppression operations by Thai authorities and Interpol, Natthorn said the “most wanted” suspected hitman, Russian Andrey Dzyatkovskiy, 35, was arrested in the northeastern province of Roi Et on May 25 following a request by Russian intelligence agencies. 

An Interpol Red Notice sought Dzyatkovskiy’s arrest for murder, attempted murder, and illegal gun and ammunition purchases and possession in relation to assassinations of high-profile Russians, Natthorn said. The suspect is linked to many deaths and injuries, according to Thai police.

Officers discovered that he had visited Thailand seven times with the latest entry on April 18, Natthorn said. Police initially attempted to track him while he was in the South and finally caught him at a gas station after he fled to Roi Et on May 25. 

Natthorn said officers had revoked his visa on the grounds that he was a danger to society and would take further legal action.

In a second case, Russian robbery suspect Evgeny Korovin, 26, was arrested in Phuket last week.

Interpol had issued a Red Notice for Korovin for armed robbery and breaking and entering. He allegedly raided an apartment in Russia on November 15, 2013, robbed residents at gunpoint, assaulted them and got away with valuables worth about Bt3.25 million before fleeing the country.

After his arrest, he was also found to have overstayed his visa in Thailand by 1,200 days and was charged appropriately.

In the third case, Russian jailbreak suspect Dimitrii Shhuratov, 29, was arrested on May 19 in a hotel in Bangkok’s Soi Sukhumvit 11. 

He is wanted in his home country for allegedly breaking out of prison and assaulting prison guards. 

His visa was revoked on the grounds that he was a danger to society and he faced further legal action, Natthorn said.

A fourth case dealt with alleged Russian mafia leader Anatolii Samodov, 56, was arrested on May 22 at a Pattaya condominium in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district. 

Samodov allegedly led a criminal network that rigged auctions for public-sector projects by threatening competitors and forcing them to withdraw their bids, causing damage to the Russian economy. 

In June 2012, Samodov fled Russia, first going to Italy and subsequently to Thailand after Russian police arrested six members of the network, who were each sentenced to 10 years in prison. 

He was also found to have overstayed his visa by 1,424 days, for which he was charged, Natthorn said.

In the fifth case, German national Maurice Hockelmann, 25, was arrested in Bangkok’s Thung Kru district on Monday. Hockelmann allegedly led a criminal network that counterfeited euro bank notes 260 times before he fled to Thailand.

Hockelmann was also charged for overstaying his visa by 2,449 days, Natthorn said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30316942

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-01

The 25 year old German overstayed by almost 8 years? He must have started his counterfeiting career very young.

Anyway, it's good to see them rounded up ( even if there are unanswered questions about how they were allowed to enter in the first place).

14 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

The 25 year old German overstayed by almost 8 years? He must have started his counterfeiting career very young.

Anyway, it's good to see them rounded up ( even if there are unanswered questions about how they were allowed to enter in the first place).

249 days, I guess

16 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Some big overstays there.

It seems that once these quality people overstay, they go off the radar until Interpol get involved !

When I read stories like this one involving long overstays I think that there is a case for police and Immigration to carry out random passport checks of foreigners from time to time...one does not want to have people such as these for neighbours.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Officers discovered that he had visited Thailand seven times with the latest entry on April 18

How is it that these criminals can so easy come in to Thailand?

You could be forgiven for thinking there is no checks at Immigration whatsoever.

50 minutes ago, mstevens said:

When I read stories like this one involving long overstays I think that there is a case for police and Immigration to carry out random passport checks of foreigners from time to time...one does not want to have people such as these for neighbours.

Immigration should be able to identify overstayers quite easily.....but thyey are useless.

Personally, I do not want the police or immigration to conduct checks on me....I'm legal.

Look at all the BiB poncing on the foreign criminals, ponce, pounce, pounce, and basking in the lime light, bask, bask, bask.

Yet...

Nothing Done To Extradite 'Boss Red Bull'

The Attorney General’s foreign affairs office said it cannot yet start the extradition process because police have not forwarded the necessary documents.

the BiB is the BiB and forever will be the BiB, nothing changes, nothing reforms.

57 minutes ago, mstevens said:

Maybe Immigration should require people to periodically report in writing. Every ninety days or so sounds about right. That would certainly straighten things out.

3 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

Maybe Immigration should require people to periodically report in writing. Every ninety days or so sounds about right. That would certainly straighten things out.

Only for those in the system, one of the ironic things about being fined for being late to report for the normal law-abiding people.

If you're not registered in their system you will fly below the radar unless there is specific reason for them to chase you.

1 hour ago, mstevens said:

Unfortunately random checks will basically mostly bother the proper folks and prove little.  The crooks are the minority, at least I think they are!  The police should just do better computer work, and record the ins and NOT outs better.  Any simple database can list the Ins, and the expected outs.  If no OUT event happens, raise some flags and put some notices out.  They would probably easily catch a very measurable amount of overstays. 

to overstay theyr initial visitors visa seems to be the way to go to escape jail in their home country's...well once u are over here everything seems to be like in paradise...untill u get fed up from this and that..a little bit more as times pass one year two year ....maybe wanna go another place for a little change Bali, Cambodia Japan or over to HK...???etc..etc..uuuppps cannot ....u stuck in paradise...hope the money dont run out...suddenly Thailand become ur jail, cameras everywhere and u stick out of the crowd like a pink tree in the forest....most hotels wanna see id card...only the crappy ones might not....

i wonder at which point these guys start to regret their decisions...

1 hour ago, mstevens said:

Every time I read a comment like this, advocating more police state, more control, more surveillance, I can't help but think of Orwell's '1984' and cringe ...

The pretext invoked for tightening up control on individuals is always security, and the result is inevitably that law-abiding, quiet and normal people have to put up with more hassle. Their lives become more difficult, while the real criminals continue their criminal activities, because chapter #1 in the criminal's handbook is : "how to avoid the rules, be under the radar and break the law". It's what criminals do, and yes some of them will get caught in random checks, but most of them won't, they'll just adapt. It's pretty much like trying to kill a mosquitoe with a bazooka.

In Orwell's 1984 the citizens have been slowly brainwashed into thinking that everything around them is normal, done for their sake and to protect them from terrorism. The key word here is slowly. As a species we tend to think 'in the box', it's a survival process. If the authorities reduce the size of that box slowly enough, chances are most people won't notice. That's what's happening around the world.

What amazes (and depresses) me most is that whistle-blowing geniuses like Orwell, Huxley, Bradbury, Voltaire and many others who wrote novels and essays to warn us of this danger seem to have, in the long run, no effect on the process. They are widely read ... but their nightmares are nonetheless becoming our reality.

49 minutes ago, fdch said:

depending if he has enough money for brown envelope

Probably will not happen,The Thai Police will loose face big time if this Russian would disappear somehow.

Once Interpol or police from another country is involved they will play by the book.

Edited by jvs
Scared of spelling police

6 minutes ago, jvs said:

Probably will not happen,The Thai Poloce will loose face big time if this Russian would disappear somehow.

Once Interpol or police from another country is involved they will play by the book.

i agree with that and we all know what happens when thai manboy looses face!!

I don't know how many of the very smart people who have posted on this thread so far are from the UK and USA but don't forget the saying, people in glass houses ...

Trump is so worried about one source of illegal immigrants that he wants to build a massive wall to keep them out and has travel bans in place/in mind to isolate his country even more. I am not judging the immigrants, rather the US's ability to track down and exclude their illegals and overstayers.

The UK is leaving the EU at least in part because its immigration control system is way out of kilter. Last I heard there were half a million illegals there ... overstayers!

Finally, I am not saying all is sweetness and light in the Thai garden either but if you're going to throw stones, be aware that a bad ricochet and they will smack you in the eye!

I applaud the Thai authorities and hope they continue with the arrests of foreign criminals and not a moment too soon.  For many years Thailand has been the country of choice for undesirables to flee to when wanted elsewhere.  I'm pretty sure that most of us who live here as honest people would love to see the back of them.  There are enough home grown criminals here already and maybe then the authorities can concentrate on them.  Sadly, large amounts of tea money probably changes hands to protect these foreign undesirables.  In the latest arrest cases, maybe the payments weren't made? 

Edited by mikosan

I'm just curious as to why suspects, like the perp in the police photo, is allowed to wear a disguise.  Seems like the BIB should strip the guy's hat, mask, and sunglasses for the photo shoot so the public can get a clear view of the perp.  Local citizens might then recognize the guy and the Thai plod could possibly bring additional charges.

Why is that the Thai Police 'fall over themselves in haste' to assist Interpol and seek public acclamation for arresting 'foreign fugitives' but can't see the irony in failing to either arrest 'the Boss' when he visits Thailand or seek same Interpol assistance / extradition....I know it is a rhetorical question but needs to be continually asked.