mother in law can visit uk

Yes your Mother in Law could get a visa, providing she can satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer that she's a genuine visitor, visiting her grandchildren and daughter is more than reasonable, and the visit is affordable and that, on the balance of probabilities, she will return to her home country at the conclusion of her visit.
She should apply for a Standard Visit Visa.
If she is paying for the trip herself, she should present evidence of her ability to do so, along with her ties to Thailand as her reasons to return. If you're financing the trip then it's you who needs to provide evidence of affordability.
If she intends to stay with you, then she should include a short note from you describing the accommodation available.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

2 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

yes, it is possible, provided she meets the qualifications for a visa... :thumbsup:

Not sure about the UK, but in the US if your mother-in-law can show legitimate reason for returning to Thailand--like having a house, family and a business here--and show sufficient funds to visit there--like $10k/mo in the US--then a visitor's visa is rather straight forward. Is it not similar in the UK?

• Like 1

Not sure about the UK, but in the US if your mother-in-law can show legitimate reason for returning to Thailand--like having a house, family and a business here--and show sufficient funds to visit there--like $10k/mo in the US--then a visitor's visa is rather straight forward. Is it not similar in the UK?
Yes, the UK process is relatively straightforward, as I indicated previously.
As I said the applicant has to prove affordability, though they wouldn't need to demonstrate the figure you mentioned, what's that 320,000 Baht a month, I imagine many would fall at the first hurdle if that sort of income was required.
A house and or a business, whilst ideal, are not a prerequisite, though the applicant does need to demonstrate ties to their home country.

I think the difficulties are iver stated but you must be clear and ensure on the following points. My partner, we are not married was granted two six month visit visa and this year a 5 year visa, all in a few days.

Avoid any indication that she will not work paid or unpaid. Do not suggest she will care for the children or help in the home. She is coming for a holiday to see her family.

If you are sponsering her provide a letter stating you will finance her visit.

Copy of your passport page.

If you are sponsering her provide original 6 month bank statements not downloads unless they have been stamped by the bank.

If she is financing the trip again bank statements as above.

Evidence that she has reasons to return to return home at the end of the visit.

Itinary of the visit your plans and details of any trips you will make. Dates of the visit.

Details of accomadation to be provided.

Details and evidence of any trip made outside Thailand is helpful.

Oops, deleted.wrong topic.

But now I am here: a visa to Europe (note that the UK, European mainland etc require separate visas) is usually not that hard. Not something you a range in a few minutes but with preparation the vast majority of applicants from Thailand get the visa.  Only a very small majority is refused.

For most applications you need maybe tens but not hundreds of papers. If you are traveling as a European with your Thai spouse or other direct family member to any other EU/EEA state the visa application even requires a very minimum of paperwork and will be issued for free. Thus sadly does not apply to Britons traveling to the UK or French to France etc with their Thai spouse. But a trip to Europe is not a red tape horror scenario.

Edited by Donutz
Wrong topic