Trump renews criticism of London Mayor Khan over attack

webfact

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, iReason said:

Once again:

(Given the fact that you ignored it last time)

The message in full:

My message to Londoners and visitors to our great city is to be calm and vigilant today," Mr Khan said.

You will see an increased police presence today, including armed officers and uniformed officers.

There is no reason to be alarmed by this. We are the safest global city in the world.

You saw last night as a consequence of our planning, our preparation, the rehearsals that take place,

the swift response from the emergency services tackling the terrorists and also helping the injured.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/sadiq-khan-donald-trump-tweets-no-reason-alarmed-london-attack-terrorism-mayor-truth-us-president-a7773791.html

You're wrong.

Man-up and move on.

Thats a lie by khan...i'll let you figure it out....read carefully this time. 

7 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

I will happily debate with anyone who opposes my views, but I expect the same respect back.

I will repeat once more for the ones who take time to filter things - I WILL HAVE A RESPECTFUL AND OPEN DEBATE WITH ANYONE.

Why would anyone want to enter into a discourse with someone who blatantly posts unsubstantiated gibberish.

And openly contradicts himself in the process? While completely deflecting and ignoring valid criticism of your posts?

In addition to continually making stuff up and attempting to present it as fact?

1 minute ago, ilostmypassword said:

"Cutting and pasting" otherwise known as facts as in fact-based argument.  For some people facts are very unpleasant things since they almost invariably undercut their assertions.

Buddy, forget it. You are debating with kids who phone you up then flush the toilet right next to the mouthpiece. 

1 minute ago, ilostmypassword said:

"Cutting and pasting" otherwise known as facts as in fact-based argument.  For some people facts are very unpleasant things since they almost invariably undercut their assertions.

are you for real? So in that sense, if I cut and paste a blatant lie, it makes it a fact because i have CNP'd it??

If you debate by copying links or statements from elsewhere, at least put your own words to it and explain why you agree or disagree with whatever the content is. That is how a debate works, but you are actually proving my point very well, you cant debate, you just throw things onto the screen and metaphorically fold your arms as if thats fact and thats it.

Again, a futile attempt at getting something constructive back. 

5 minutes ago, iReason said:

Why would anyone want to enter into a discourse with someone who blatantly posts unsubstantiated gibberish.

And openly contradicts himself in the process? While completely deflecting and ignoring valid criticism of your posts?

In addition to continually making stuff up and attempting to present it as fact?

educate me then?

6 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Cant hold a debate by cutting and pasting John, might as well talk through the art of mime

Let's take another look at that. This started when you stated that:

"Of course he [Sadiq Khan] is popular in London, most of London is muslim"

This was an obvious falsehood. But instead of me just asserting it, which apparently you think would be sufficient, I cut and pasted something from Wikipedia which cited the UK census in support of that.  You think it's better just to make unsupported assertions?

Here's what I wrote:

"Really?

Islam is London's largest minority religion. There were 607,083 Muslims reported in the 2001 census in the Greater London area.[1] In the 2011 census Office for National Statistics, the proportion of Muslims in London had risen to 12.4% of the population (40% of England's Muslims). In the boroughs of Newham and Tower Hamlets, the percentages of Muslims were over 30%."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_London

Here was your reply to my citation of fact:

"and what does this prove?"

and from there you went on to contest the validity of the British census and said 

"hahaha and wikipedia is the bible yeah? I believe what i see with my eyes, not what some loony lefty wants to post on social media or elsewhere.
Remember, everything from the past is subjective. For example, how do you, or anyone else know that JC fed 5000 people with a couple of bloomers and a nice piece of cod. I find that ridiculous and laughable at best, yet people believe it, most of the world seems to believe it so what does that say about most of the world, and others who think like me? Take around a minute to let that sink in and you might start to understand that most people who get their knowledge from reading books, those books are only someone elses opinion that you decide you believe sub-conciously. You then use that to oppose someone elses view because you have read it so it must be true.
Go to London on any day of the week and you will see no go areas in East London especially"

This is your idea of an intellectually respectable argument?

18 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Thats a lie by khan...i'll let you figure it out....read carefully this time. 

A case of context inadequacy.

Defined.

:coffee1:

Edited by iReason

1 minute ago, Walter Travolta said:

Not at all, i thought we might be able to hold a convo if I came down to your childish level but obviously not, some people are just impossible

Point out to me what was childish in the following:

Let's take another look at that. This started when you stated that:

"Of course he [Sadiq Khan] is popular in London, most of London is muslim"

This was an obvious falsehood. But instead of me just asserting it, which apparently you think would be sufficient, I cut and pasted something from Wikipedia which cited the UK census in support of that.  You think it's better just to make unsupported assertions?

Here's what I wrote:

"Really?

Islam is London's largest minority religion. There were 607,083 Muslims reported in the 2001 census in the Greater London area.[1] In the 2011 census Office for National Statistics, the proportion of Muslims in London had risen to 12.4% of the population (40% of England's Muslims). In the boroughs of Newham and Tower Hamlets, the percentages of Muslims were over 30%."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_London

Here was your reply to my citation of fact:

"and what does this prove?"

and from there you went on to contest the validity of the British census and said 

"hahaha and wikipedia is the bible yeah? I believe what i see with my eyes, not what some loony lefty wants to post on social media or elsewhere.
Remember, everything from the past is subjective. For example, how do you, or anyone else know that JC fed 5000 people with a couple of bloomers and a nice piece of cod. I find that ridiculous and laughable at best, yet people believe it, most of the world seems to believe it so what does that say about most of the world, and others who think like me? Take around a minute to let that sink in and you might start to understand that most people who get their knowledge from reading books, those books are only someone elses opinion that you decide you believe sub-conciously. You then use that to oppose someone elses view because you have read it so it must be true.
Go to London on any day of the week and you will see no go areas in East London especially"

This is your idea of an intellectually respectable argument?

12 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

dont forget to get mummy to tuck you in

10 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

... if I came down to your childish level but obviously not, some people are just impossible

5 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Woweeee more cutting and pasting, more please I cant get enough. Have you learned pottery or gardening yet?

Theres a big boy

Grandly illustrated hypocrisy.

:coffee1:

Credibility: LESS THAN ZERO.

Edited by iReason

4 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

All you've got left is personal insults. You are a worthy acolyte of Donald Trump

All TV has become is personal insults against Trump for MAGA.

Edited by Crowes

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The USA does have a class system. The fact that you don't realize that weakens the credibility of your already bizarre POV.  But, you're correct, you're free to continue to spout your weird and boring "commoner" theory about trump if it makes you happy. 

Cheers. 

Jing old thing. Firstly you do not have a class system. Your class system is gauged by education and finances.Oh course, a family whose offspring graduates Harvard, or UCLA, looks down upon a family whose child only ever graduated high school.That's part of the extent of the American Class system.He who drives a Maserati compared to he who drives a Doge Aries. A white college boy looks down on a black bus boy. But the point here is My pov is my pov weird or not.

Definition of an argument Argument/verb to argue. Is a conflict of two or more  difference of opinions.

Now Jingly thingly, if we were all the same, this forum would be a f####### bore. Thats why we come on here, to disagree with others and therefore creating healthy arguments.But you like to take it that bit further, you like to make it understood that your opinion is one set in cement. I have had experience of that recently.As i said. if you dont like my posts, dont read them, unless you find me fascinating and you want to keep our little tet a tets active.

So farewell Jinglybingly,  you do make me laugh old thing.x